• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zimeron1

zimeron1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:04 PM

Hello everyone, having some trouble getting a light-ish mod setup working.  I have been following the "Clear and Present Danger" modlist for the most part, cutting out some of the mods due to Windows 10 Fallout 3 suddenly developing a plugin maximum of ~140 as other users have noticed.  It appears to all be running, except it CTDs when trying to sleep in the bed for FWE alternate start.   

I know that this is usually a load order problem, since FWE + MMM + EVE + Project Beauty/FO3Redesigned + WMK are very finnicky.  LOOT is currently spitting out the following, which just seems extremely wrong:

https://pastebin.com/4s3TYPJq

Since this is super-duper wrong compared to the load order posted on the FWE description page, I tried my hand at manual ordering according to the order on the FWE description:

https://pastebin.com/xZE08QjV

Unfortunately it has the same crash.

I know there's something wrong in here and I am a giant danghus, but the guide gets a tad muddled near the end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by zimeron1, 17 May 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#2 zimeron1

zimeron1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:42 PM

I have figured it out.  It was Fallout Character Overhaul, of all things.  Going to root around in xEdit, see if I can figure out what was conflicting so hard.

#3 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:42 AM

The guide notes for the beta version of Fallout Character Overhaul mention that it is unfinished and causes problems if Fallout 3 Redesigned is also used. It should be possible to use xEdit to create a patch. However, there aren't any published patches or guidelines for such a patch that I've seen.

#4 zimeron1

zimeron1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

It's just that I have used it before without incident, and the 5 or so conflicts xEdit turned up for it appear to be minor and overwriting happily.  Very odd, but it's working now.

#5 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

I'm glad you were able to get it working properly with Fallout Redesigned. A note will be added to the guide entry that you were able to get it working with a small set of patch edits.

#6 zimeron1

zimeron1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Oh no, I just removed FCO.  It probably could be fixed with some edits, but I didn't, I just took out FCO and decided to deal with the slightly-more-potato-ey Fallout Redesigned faces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users