Any idea how to make a cloth (any) semi-transparent (SSE)?

lupus_hegemonia

Question

9 answers to this question

The problem is, that the "Alpha Channel" removes completely an area (of the cloth). I want to make "RECORDER's" shirt ("Pirate Shirt") transparent 40% - not 100% (invisible cloth).

So, I haven't find a solution - and that tutorial about NifScope (for transparency) is way to old - the tool is been very upgraded (and the UI is so different, I've "lost")...

You can't because you will need to remake the shirt with additional skin underneath or it will look like your character is hollow. That's beyond textures and Nifskope. Your character's skin model is usually culled where there is cloth. An open short-sleeved shirt (for example) would keep the skin for the lower arms and the chest area. Everything else gets dissolved with the cloth for performance reasons.

Edit: Examples of heads from UC4: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JOY4A

Notice how the heads are cut perfectly to join the body and clothes. They don't ever render the whole body under the clothes as it's stupid and wasteful.

Edited by Guest

Yes, you probably right.

I tried to make it semi-transparent... and made it full-transparent... and I saw "Recorder" hands... without her arms!!!!!!!!!!!!

So... I guess I can't. Placing the shirt, simply replacing the arms' meshes and such and if I make it transparent... I won't see her arms through the cloth!

Something else...

...for better handling and mods testing without ruin the Data folder (and the game)... NMM, MO or WB mod managers?

I use WB. If you create projects carefully you wont mess your Data. It's quite a nice tool once you get the hang of it.

MO doesnt work properly.