Publisher: Electronic Arts (Developed by DICE, Motive, and Criterion)
Release Date: 11/17/2017 (11/14/2017 for Deluxe Edition) - There will also be a 10 hour trial period with EA Access starting 11/9/2017.
Platforms: PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One
Full Length Reveal Trailer (Star Wars Celebration 2017):
Official Gameplay Trailer (EA Play 2017):
Sequel to the highly successful, yet much maligned, Star Wars: Battlefront (2015). Personally, I put in over 400 hours into the original as despite its flaws and lack of content at launch it is the most fun and immersive Star Wars experience you can have to date in my opinion. So far, this title appears to fix each and every criticism of the first game and it has been confirmed there will be at least 3 times the content of the original at launch.
Confirmed features for the sequel:
* Full campaign from the perspective of Iden Versio, commander of Inferno Squad—an Imperial special forces unit. This story is confirmed to be canon by Lucasfilm and will span the 30-year time frame between the destruction of the second Death Star to the formation of the First Order in the sequel era. There will be portions of the single player where you will play as iconic characters such as Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren.
* There are also confirmed to be other offline single player / co-op modes, however details have not been released at this point.
* Large scale 40-player multiplayer battles across all three eras (Prequel, Original, and Sequel).
* Multiplayer will feature class based game play (4 classes - Assault, Heavy, Officer, and Specialist) with a large selection of heroes/villains, land and air vehicles. No more tokens scattered on the battlefield, it has been replaced with a resource system.
* Customization and progression has been a priority during development of the game. Examples: Weapon can be customized with a selection of attachments, vehicles can be customized, hero abilities changes, etc.
* Multiplayer space battles are confirmed and will also feature a class-like system for vehicles.
* Factions will be era specific but there will be hero based modes that can be played cross-era.
Looking great so far, I'll update this post as we learn more at EA Play 2017. It is confirmed game play will be shown and I should be able to get hands on with it.