Photo

Using MXFP to recreate (parts of) SkyRe's ReProccer: Feasible or not?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sacralletius

Sacralletius

Prisoner

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hi there

I'm thinking of recreating SkyRe's ReProccer in MXPF, or at least parts of it. I have asked T3nd0 about the source code of the ReProccer, but unfortunately he no longer has that.

I assume it's possible to "recompile" a .jar file and view parts of the source code, to get a general idea about it?

However, my real question: Is it possible to remake the ReProccer in MXPF? I myself have very little experience coding in Pascal (or programming in general), so I'm not sure whether this is going to work?

From the ReProccer modpage, it does the following things: (along with some notes what I would prefer to use/don't use)

Are these things feasible or even doable within MXPF?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Sac

#2 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:25 AM

Here's a free bump.

#3 paradoxbound

paradoxbound

Guard

• Contributors
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

Jar files shouldn't need decompiling they are simply archives .jar stands for Java Archive you will need a decompiler/editor such as JD-GUI to view the various class files you will find inside.

In theory, it should be doable as both are Turin complete.

If you give it a try, use a decent editor such as Atom it will make your tasks easier.

Good luck :)

#4 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

This is completely doable.

However, depending on your timing you may be better off waiting.  I'm currently making a DLL wrapper for the xEdit framework, and will be following that up with a rebuild of the xEdit application in Javascript with Electron.  This new xEdit "frontend" will be called zEdit, and will have much better patching capabilities than what is currently possible with xEdit scripting.

The current timescale is fairly uncertain, but I wouldn't expect anything usable for at least another month.

Edited by Mator, 29 May 2017 - 07:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users