Fallout 4: Mod it till it breaks. My personal guide.

Seems like a pretty awesome guide. Got it all setup (minus the survival mods and a couple others) and the game looks gorgeous. Unfortunately each time I venture outside Sanctuary and encounter raiders I am getting a CTD. Tried disabling some of the mods that directly affect raiders to see if that was the problem and no luck. Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve that. Would love to play with this mod setup  if I can get it stable.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Great guide. Followed it to completion (not installing everything, but most) without a single CTD.

I do have a little problem I'm wondering yourself came across. It's to do with Def_UI and Val item Sorting. The majority of junk items I hover my cursor over display the components under the junk items name.

However junk items that contain components like wood, oil and some others (Toasters) don't display these components below them.

I have created a new profile just for DEF and VIS to work and in a new game they do display.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

I'd love a response instead of me disabling 50+ mods to find the culprit. ::):

• 2 months later...

Just a crucial notice. If still maintaining this guide you should add a note under the Fallout 4 HD Reworked Project Revised to disable the included .esp in the proposed file for download after installation.

This esp causes humongous fps drops in Boston areas (no matter your gear GTX 1080 TI or whatever) like 30-40 fps and it's also mentioned through the comments section of that particular mod's Nexus page.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just wondering when this guide was last updated?

Not by myself since I initially wrote it, sorry about that. There have been a couple of edits by other members that you can see here:

https://wiki.step-project.com/index.php?title=User:Fenris95/FO4_-_Fenris%27_Mod_Guide_Part_1&action=history

And here:

https://wiki.step-project.com/index.php?title=User:Fenris95/FO4_-_Fenris%27_Mod_Guide_Part_2&action=history

I haven't had the time or motivation to update it since it was mainly a project to save myself time searching through mods the next time I decided to install Fallout 4.

I appreciate the contributions made my members here, and honestly just happened upon them whilst going through TechAngel85's SSE guide.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...