LODs for Dawn Point Lighthouse

Sacralletius

Question

I'm using this mod ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71905/? ) and I was wondering if DynDOLOD is able to make LODs for it.

The tower itself consists of a lot of smaller meshes. They all have the flag "IsFullLOD". But there are hundreds of them. As far as I know, the flag "IsFullLOD" makes the object persistent. I am already pretty close to the persistent limit, so I was wondering whether I could change them to "Visible when distant" (no persistence needed). Is DynDOLOD able to create LODs from small static objects that have "Visible when Distant" enabled?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Sac

Edited by Sacralletius

1 answer to this question

Quite a few of those pieces are already replaced by static LOD. Check the log for

disabled NeverFade, replaced by static LOD for LighthouseWH.esp [REFR:0C01EF82] (places AALgtWallPieceSmallSn [STAT:0C01EE0F] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at 40,14)

Which means you only need to take care of the remaining ones that have log lines like

disabled NeverFade, replaced by dynamic LOD for LighthouseWH.esp [REFR:0C01EFDF] (places AALgtDoorwaySn [STAT:0C01EE0A] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at 40,14)

If you can not create LOD models for the remaining parts, you can add mesh rules so that the full models are used in static LOD. For example

Mesh mask: architecture\jets\farmhouse\outsidefoundcorpost01.nif

LOD4: Full model

LOD8: leave empty or set Full model

LOD16: leave empty or set Full model

VWD: unchecked

Grid: Far Lod

Reference: Unchanged

See the DynDOLOD_Manual.html Configuration and Custom Settings For Specific Mods sections

If you add these rules into a rule file DynDOLOD_TES5_lighthousewhesp.ini, they are automatically loaded when clicking the low, medium, high buttons and the mod is in the load order. See attached file. Either put it into the ruies folder of the standalone version or into a ..\Data\DynDOLOD\ folder of the mod. See DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html for more.

Dungeons\Ship\Clutter\ShipWoodBeamStraight02.nif is incompatible with static LOD and result in parts to be transparent and wrongly aligned. It would require to have a dedicated LOD model.

I also attached an updated version of impfloorpiece01_lod_0.nif, which will work better with texture replacements. Replace ..\Meshes\lod\imperial\impfloorpiece01_lod_0.nif from Resources if you find the tower textures to not look right after the neverfades have been replaced by static LOD.

Now, all this will not change the references to be persistent. It will only unset the isFullLOD flag. If you need to cut down on persistent records, it would be best to update these references directly in LighthouseWH.esp, unsetting both the isPersistent and the isFullLOD flags before generating LOD. Because of the existing LOD model(s) and the rules from above there will be still LOD generated for these objects regardless of those settings.

DynDOLOD_TES5_lighthousewhesp.ini

impfloorpiece01_lod_0.7z

Edited by sheson