STEP v2.10.0 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Yeah, the Color settings have been moved although I find this less than useful because all this is supported directly by my flat panels. The one setting that no longer exists (at least I haven't been able to find it) is the Pixel Format setting.

If you want to include pictures or screenshots, you'll need to post them on an image hosting site and include a link to them in your message.

Yeah, it is not present for me with my current setup. I use an HDMI to DisplayPort up-converter. I have the 3DClub CAC-1070. Because I use an R9-290 which only supports HDMI 1.4 and which can not support 4k@60Hz. But it supports DisplayPort 1.2 which can utilize 4k@60Hz. I also do not use a normal monitor for gaming, I play via my living room 55 inch flat screen, which does not have an input for DisplayPort. So, either, Pixel Format doesn't appear for DisplayPort input. Or, because I have to have a custom resolution created in order to get 4k@60Hz in 8-bit Color Depth, which is the max supported for this HDMI-DisplayPort hook up, It's a limitation with converter itself.

So, if now you are wondering how I know Pixel Format still exists. All I have to do is disconnect my converter and then plug in the HDMI cable only, HDMI-HDMI. Pixel Format reappears.

It looks like at least one texture and quite possibly more are not being applied in game due to the changes SMIM makes to the default file pathing.  Reference post and relevant quote:

Okay let's examine this a bit.

That texture is used by STAT: 00087837, for example, which in turn calls the *.nif: Architecture\WhiteRun\WRInteriors\WRCastle\WRIntCastleFreePillar01.nif

That in turn uses the texture in question but if SMIM is active the path is: textures\smim\architecture\whiterun\WRCastleCarvings.dds not the one referenced in aMidianborn, ie. the vanilla.

So, yes, if SMIM is active the aMidianborn textures are not used because SMIM's path are, as you correctly surmised, different to those in the vanilla game.

Clearly a patch is needed to correct all the SMIM pathing changes so that all the other texture overhaul mods are using the correct textures.

Or some file switching to move textures around to replace the 'fugly' ones used by SMIM.

The specific issue above is for STEP: Extended as aMidianBorn Whiterun isn't part of STEP: Core, but as I said, there may be Core textures that are not being applied because of this issue.

I'm not sure if this is from one of the mod in STEP, or maybe USLEEP, or what, but my arrows won't even fly all the way across the 'Companion's' court yard in Whiterun any more. The last time I played Skyrim, I could snip about the same distance as from the top of the steps to the Dragons Keep, down to the guard in the corner between the general shop and the apothecary shop. Even farther at times. But now, my shots won't even make it across that court into a target. And, my arrows vanish, even when I get close enough to hear the clear 'thunk' of a hit. I can't seem to figure out what's wrong.

Is one of the mods in STEP "balancing" the range arrows and bolts can fly, or is that in USLEEP, or what? Does anyone know?

If not, I'll keep searching.

Edit:

My ini setting for range is

[Actor]

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288

as recommended.

Edited by Ewookie1

• 3 weeks later...

From the mod Relighting Skyrim, STEP recommends the "Relighting Skyrim - No JIT" main file.

In the mod page this file is in the old version section. Should we use "Relighting Skyrim - without JIT (Only Legendary)"  from the main file section?

• 1 month later...

Tried installing Vivid Clouds and Fogs, as per step: core requirements, and per recommendations on your page. Opened Skyrim (via skse, of course) to ensure my game was still stable. Game wouldn't even get to the start option before CTD.

-EDIT- for those wondering, I know it was Vivid Clouds and Fogs, as I had previously tested stability and that was the only mod I installed between. Used LOOT as per guidelines.

Edited by piscesxkitty