STEP v2.10.0 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

We may need to make a note that the stable version of Wrye Bash is used, version 306. The beta has added stuff in for Graphics and Cell records that cause issues without proper tagging. Keeping the beta version means we would have to have users run the tagging script on mods. It's a long and annoying process. 

I hope to do away with it soon when I figure out Mator Smash better. I hope to have it done within two weeks. I'm pretty much part-time this summer, so I have lots of time re-learn everything I've forgotten in the last year.  :bleh:

Refresh your cache. :thumbsup:

I did. And it is still there. Sorry, maybe I haven't made myself clear enough - I was talking about STEP:2.2.9.2.

This:

ajdyW8l.jpg

EDIT:

Now that I see Changelog/2.2.9.2, there is something like "Implemented since the 2.10.0 release" I believe instead of "2.2.9.2", this could lead to confusion. I know this should be in the other thread, but I am writin it together here... It is surely related to the version change.

EDIT2:

Now I see this issue is also on later changelogs, 2.2.9.1 & 2.2.9 & 2.2.8 & 2.2.7. They refer to the current guide, not their respective.

Edited by Hawk

Created an account just to report this and look for a solution; when installing the new step compilation patch it says I am not eligible for even the CORE installation when in reality I am. I even double checked within the XML dependency flags to make sure I had all plugins it asked for active and installed, and I did. Even more odd is I went back and attempted to reinstall the step compilation patch for version 2.2.9.2 just to test it out and see if that installation would allow me to install the patches, and it did, both the CORE and Extended.

This is my first time making a bug report like this and I have no clue what other information you would require or how I would go about getting it, so if you do need more information just let me know what you need and how to acquire it.

You'll be surprised how often that WORKS, though. (signed by a Hospital Electronic Biomed Tech)

Oh I know it works a lot... which makes it no less funny how often nobody tries this until they are told to.

@ Hawk:

In addition to the main changelog for a given version, there were (previously) changes that were made AFTER their release, which is what those tags refer to. IE, if a mod was changed or altered from the writeup it had when the main guide was released, it ended up being noted there so you knew it had been changed AFTER the original version of the guide. It is a bit confusing, but as I understand it with the new versioning system that's being implemented, that kind of confusion will be going away anyhow.

Edited by Shadriss

I did. And it is still there. Sorry, maybe I haven't made myself clear enough - I was talking about STEP:2.2.9.2.

This:

ajdyW8l.jpg

EDIT:

Now that I see Changelog/2.2.9.2, there is something like "Implemented since the 2.10.0 release" I believe instead of "2.2.9.2", this could lead to confusion. I know this should be in the other thread, but I am writin it together here... It is surely related to the version change.

EDIT2:

Now I see this issue is also on later changelogs, 2.2.9.1 & 2.2.9 & 2.2.8 & 2.2.7. They refer to the current guide, not their respective.

Ah, the extra link. I see what you was talking about now. I was looking for an unrendered paragraph tag. Took care of the extra link.

As for the changelog, Shadriss is correct. There will not be an "Implemented since the 2.10.0 release" due to changes in the version control. Seems we just forgot to update the template which controls that notification. I will look into it later since it can be a bit confusing.

Created an account just to report this and look for a solution; when installing the new step compilation patch it says I am not eligible for even the CORE installation when in reality I am. I even double checked within the XML dependency flags to make sure I had all plugins it asked for active and installed, and I did. Even more odd is I went back and attempted to reinstall the step compilation patch for version 2.2.9.2 just to test it out and see if that installation would allow me to install the patches, and it did, both the CORE and Extended.

This is my first time making a bug report like this and I have no clue what other information you would require or how I would go about getting it, so if you do need more information just let me know what you need and how to acquire it.

The only change made to the installer was the added requirement of "Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp" from Vivid Clouds and Fogs.

The only change made to the installer was the added requirement of "Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp" from Vivid Clouds and Fogs.

Oh my god I feel such an idiot. I double checked even TRIPLE checked to ensure all my plugins were the correct names as I had this issue before already when installing the previous STEP patch yet I still missed the fact that my vivid weathers ESP was appended with NLA because the name got cut off of the plugin list for being too long. Thanks for the quick response and sorry for my idiotic question.

Oh my god I feel such an idiot. I double checked even TRIPLE checked to ensure all my plugins were the correct names as I had this issue before already when installing the previous STEP patch yet I still missed the fact that my vivid weathers ESP was appended with NLA because the name got cut off of the plugin list for being too long. Thanks for the quick response and sorry for my idiotic question.

Use the changelog linked at the top of the guide wiki page that lists all the new mods and removed mods.

Started a new game after followinging STEP and crashed after a few minutes in Helgen. Now i crasch directly when loading. Get the message down below in MO:

23:05:29 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method

23:05:29 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
23:05:29 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
23:05:29 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
23:05:29 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
23:05:29 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
23:05:30 [D] ssl support: 1

Have searched but not find a good solution. Any ideas?

Try installing Win32 OpenSSL v1.1.0f Light from here: https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

Another program may be interfering with the SSL from MO, and this should fix it. Not sure if that would cause crashes, though.

I found this last night and installed the 64bit version (i am on Windows 10). But it seem to be over my expetice to get it to work. :(

You need the 32 bit version. Should just need to run the installer from what I remember. 64 bit version won't help with MO, which is a 32-bit program.

Edit: If you need help installing it send me a PM. I'll download it again myself and figure it out for you if it is tricky.

You need the 32 bit version. Should just need to run the installer from what I remember. 64 bit version won't help with MO, which is a 32-bit program.

Edit: If you need help installing it send me a PM. I'll download it again myself and figure it out for you if it is tricky.

I did install the 32 bit version at first just because i figured MO is 32 bit. I just ran the installer (found a youtube video and in there it was just a default installation). So i have both installed... maby that is the problem now. Will uninstall 64 bit when i get home from work.

Still MO gives me same massages. I run the latest version of MO and as an admin.