F4SE MO2 Fallout4

nieda113

Question

Hi so finaly almost all running with MO2 and no problems so far. Have 200 mods installed and the high res dlc as well as some LL scripts.

Here is my question. F4SE. I downloaded the latest release and copied al files including the data folder into the FO4 root.

So there is now a scripts folder . It is like : H.\games\FO4\data\scripts.

Do i need to copy all the script files that a mod provides  (.pex. and .psc ) into that folder  or does MO2 copy those files into the right folder when the mod is installed and enabled in the left pane of MO2?

Or do i need to setup as follow : create a F4SE mod in MO2 like: h:\games\Follout4\Modorganizer2\mods\F4SE   ????

and what about a plugin folder in F4SE\plugin            do i have to create one in the F4SE ?

THX for reply

5 answers to this question

Create a mod in MO2 called: F4SE - Scripts and install the F4SE scripts into that. MO2 will automatically parse the correct location to the game to find those scripts.

The actual F4SE executables should be installed manually as you have done. Any mods that have F4SE plugins will need to have that folder created manually and you will move their plugin files into that folder manually,

ps. I've edited your title and comment to refer to the correct script extender.

Create a mod in MO2 called: F4SE - Scripts and install the F4SE scripts into that. MO2 will automatically parse the correct location to the game to find those scripts.

The actual F4SE executables should be installed manually as you have done. Any mods that have F4SE plugins will need to have that folder created manually and you will move their plugin files into that folder manually,

ps. I've edited your title and comment to refer to the correct script extender.

HI many thanks for clarification

Peace OUT!!!

HI, did as u proposed  but in order to get for example looks menue presets to work i have to crate a folder in FO4 dT folder . FO4\data\FO4se\scripts\FSEE\plugins\presets.

and i have to copy all  .json file manually in here.  I tried to enable for example a loosmenue peset as mod in MO2  and activate it in left pane of MO   but this does not work though.

So one needs to crate manually the needed FO4SE folder and subdirectories and copy all the files in here?  Thats right ?

Next : tody windows updated  and on MO2 launch most of the menue tags are triple size as they supposed to be.

here a screenshot.

post-11374-0-21285200-1497557411_thumb.png

HI, did as u proposed  but in order to get for example looks menue presets to work i have to crate a folder in FO4 dT folder . FO4\data\FO4se\scripts\FSEE\plugins\presets.

and i have to copy all  .json file manually in here.  I tried to enable for example a loosmenue peset as mod in MO2  and activate it in left pane of MO   but this does not work though.

So one needs to crate manually the needed FO4SE folder and subdirectories and copy all the files in here?  Thats right ?

Next : tody windows updated  and on MO2 launch most of the menue tags are triple size as they supposed to be.

here a screenshot.

post-11374-0-21285200-1497557411_thumb.png

I don't have Fallout4 but the same process applies for all script extenders.

Install the executables from the archive directly into the game folder.

The scripts AND the plugins folder need to go into the 'Data' folder and it should be such:

\Data\Scripts\

\Data\F4SE\Plugins\*name of plugin*\ any config files, such as *.json, are saved here.

Most mods can easily be installed via MO2 and the process of creating these folders manually is not needed, simply install, activate and play.

You have this path to your plugin:

FO4\data\FO4se\scripts\FSEE\plugins\presets

which is wrong. The 'plugins' folder is directly off the 'Data' folder, not 'Scripts'.

As for your weird font settings? No idea, maybe a broken Windows setting for "hard to see" users or something.

To repeat my recommendation again:

Use MO2 to install all your F4SE mods and those folders will be created normally. After running the game there may be some saved files in the "Overwrite" folder which should either be moved to the corresponding mod or better yet, just create a new mod from it with the context menu and activate that in your order. Any new changes in your game will be saved to that folder.