Photo

Official STEP Lighting Solution

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

#151 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Man if we could get Plutoman to come back and do another SkyProc patcher for lighting again. That would be awesome.

#152 PlanetExp

PlanetExp

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

I've been playing with ELFX for about 30 hours and must say as much as I love it, it's just too dark for a near-vanilla experience. At times caves and dungeons are pitch black which means I'll have to play a substantial portion of my game with a torch in hand. If that is not a game mechanical change I don't know what is... Also encountered flickering lights at times.

For CoT I hated it. Some weathers in CoT added a tint to the exteriors that imo didn't fit the atmosphere at all. And some clear days looked so warm I thought the snow would melt. Looked great I agree but didn't fit Skyrim.

RCRN made the game look like a pretty dx9 game rather than a more modern dx9/10 hybrid (which I know might be a false statement - just my impression of the thing). Also had some glitches with water textures looking odd (PURE WATER had black borders around all water surfaces).

Gonna look into RLO when I get back from the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#153 hellanios

hellanios

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

Hey guys, I think some time ago I had read a comment somewhere in the forum about a lighting mod that is still in development. I can't find the post and I'm pretty sure there was a link to the mod's page on the bethesda's forums. Can someone provide the link again?

#154 Momitja

Momitja

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

Guys, is OR will there be any official step guide about lightning and weather mods in the near future?  What's the status of this topic?a

#155 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Guys, is OR will there be any official step guide about lightning and weather mods in the near future?  What's the status of this topic?a

TBD, but not a priority right now.

#156 Spock

Spock

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

I think there are too many subjective weather and lighting choices for Skyrim, it doesn't make much sense to include one into STEP (suggestions is another topic though). There already is a weather and lighting pack by Smile44 that includes what is probably the most popular solution. I hope I will release an ENB based weather and lighting pack soon, but my second GPU is broke too, that was kind of a bummer for my motivation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users