• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Dragora

Dragora

Prisoner

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:00 AM

It looks like the launcher actually is 64bit. That`s why MO1 fails.

Strange for such an old game to have a 64bit exe.

I have to try MO 2

#17 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:35 AM

No, that launcher is only 32bit but you are correct MO does throw up errors about 64bit code.

#18 Dragora

Dragora

Prisoner

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:12 AM

Do you know why?

Mo2 loads the launcher just fine, but insists on starting Enbhost to early when selecting Play..

That causes imediate crash.

Is that because Enbhost is the only real 64bi exe?

So, the launcher is 32bit but MO thinks it is 64bit and refuses to load it. And MO2 can't launch the game?

#19 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

Whatever the guys at SureAI have done in their code is giving the same feedback to MO that a 64bit executable would so MO thinks that is what it is. Remember we're trying to shoehorn a modded game executable into a manager that 'hooks' into what it already had difficulties handling. MO and Oblivion never really played nicely together so using Nehrim is always going to be an uphill battle.

Do you really need ENB? That too is only a 32bit exe, Boris doesn't even have an up-to-date Windows installation to edit code on so there is no way he's coding 64bit stuff.

If you must use MO/MO2 then I'd stick with MO2 and run the launcher from it, skipping any ENB stuff. I truthfully don't wish to try and get any ENB stuff working in my system but if you insist on using it I may have to see if there is a workaround.

#20 Dragora

Dragora

Prisoner

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

I use Enboost for memory management.

It is so strange that when I launch the launcher in MO 2 and click play then right away Enbhost is warning about it has been launched too early, and the Oblivion.exe crashes.

The very first time I used the launcher in MO 2 I was able to get into the game. After that I have had the above problem every time.

The time I was able to load the game I found out that launching the launcher in MO 2 still had the glitch.

It really seems like I have to give up on using MO with Nehrim.

Perhaps I should install everything manually instead since I don't have many mods.

#21 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:08 PM

That isn't a bad idea. MO/MO2's benefits only come to the fore when you need to manage large numbers of mods or different profiles. For simple setups manual or WB use is fine.

#22 Dragora

Dragora

Prisoner

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

You forgot the other bigger point (at least for me): Keeping the game's INI and data-folder in vanilla condition,

Anyway, it baffles me why only the saves are affected and not the original gameplay after char. creation.

Edited by Dragora, 14 July 2017 - 04:30 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nehrim, save problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users