Wrye's Bash won't run from inside MO2

Tabris

Question

So, i have MO2 installed and been trying to run Wrye's Bash from it but when i try i get a window asking if i want to overwrite a temporary file inside a folder on my "C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Temp". It then doesn't open at all regardless of the option selected. The BashBugDump.log ends with the line "WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: u'c:\\users\\tabris\\appdata\\local\\temp\\WryeBash__e61yq'" that appears to be the cause of the problem. The folder and the file, however, only are created when i run Wrye's Bash and the file is deleted after it crashes (Then when i run it again it creates another folder with another name). I have even tried reinstalling the whole thing but it didn't help.

I noticed that the logs tend to appear in c:\users\tabris\appdata\local\ModOrganizer\logs instead of in the folder where i installed Mod Organizer, and then tried using the default folder for the profiles (also inside /appdata/local/ModOrganizer) as i suspected that might be the cause of the problem but it also didn't fix it. Both MO2 and Wrye's Bash are outside the Program Files folder or other UAC folder (although it shouldn't matter as i have UAC turned off). Logs below (do tell me if i'm missing something):

BashBugDump.log: https://pastebin.com/iXsWEisp
usvfs-2017-07-03_01-36-09.log: https://pastebin.com/6V1miiGP

mo_interface.log: https://pastebin.com/B1Tu6haY

Well, that's interesting.

Slung skyrimSE over to another drive, run wrye bash and ...

I'll fix it up and keep you posted.

Wrye bash could not find a game to manage. Please use -o command line argument to specify the game path.

Edited by shadow1

Okay, so now...

abbab.png

They all result in bombing back to MO

Edit: This seems to happen even when I delete the tmpfile in skyrim\data and the clear out the temp folder in AppData\Local

Even funnier, when it reoccurs, there is no file in skyrim\data

This whole thing is fckn wierd.

Edited by shadow1

Remember to run Skyrim at least once outside of MO to establish the correct registry settings otherwise tools like WB or xEdit won't know of it.

The image above will also be a result of WB trying to use the SSE paths instead of old Skyrim.

Okay, so now pops up asking which game.

Select Skyrim (not SE)

Does same thing as image above.

Directory is now "WryeBash_tsjnec" and "skyrim" (not the SE folder)

All three options lead to backing out to MO

Edited by shadow1

Okay, so nuked and still no good, looks like a wrye bash issue perhaps.

Run wrye bash by itself results in the image posted above. Difference being, when I select one of the options it actually runs.

Maybe MO just doesn't know how to deal with it when it does that. Still fekkin wierd, though.

Time to hit up the wrye forums and see wassup.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

OP is your issue solved? Or still problem like me?

Have insider with a week, issue only started since then. Can run all other versions of wrye bash through mo2, only SSE version is causing issues, it does not recognize plugins installed by MO2 or it fails to launch properly and leaves behind a temp file in the SSE data directory. Getting windows error [32] failed to get process file in use. Perhaps some python process is hanging or failing and leaving a file open?

logs so far

from MO2 - 
failed to spawn "wrye bash.exe": failed to start process( the parameter is incorrect [87])
after usvfs_proxy.exe cmd window

Also getting

usebackq tokens was unexpected at this time error when running wrye bash debug from MO2

Running wrye bash python launcher will not recognize mo2 plugins

This has to be an issue with  usvfs_proxy.exe surely?

Edited by cptmcsplody

I opted out of my Insider account with MS a few months back so I'll need to wait for a complete update from them to verify. However it is very likely that they have upped the ante on how they treat 'malicious' code.

MO/MO2 uses exactly the same methods to 'hook' executables as that of viruses or malware, ie. changing the code in memory to do something else.

Rolled back my install to last insider slow release and its working now, just getting files in overwrite which i have to delete every time I run Wrye bash.

E:\ModOrganizer\overwrite\Tools\Wrye Bash 307\Mopy\Wrye Bash.exe\comtypes\gen

Not sure what its supposed to contain as it is empty. But leaving the empty files in overwrite prevents wryebash running through MO.