Mod names not showing up when adding mod to a mod pack

Mr_Moal

Question

I've added a number of mods using the links from here:

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/2979-building-packs-on-the-wiki/

in the same way I did before, but none of these mods are avaliable for me to add to my mod pack.  I've also found mods in the STEP build (which have a WIKI page) that are also not showing up at all.  

This can be seen when you go to a mod pack, click the "edit modlist" button.  

Then click the "add another" button.  

Even though the mod has been added, and has a wiki page, it will not show up, and can't be added.  Therefore the mod pack can't be updated with new mods.  

Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Everything_%2B_The_Kitchen_Sink

items below each section can't be added to the table, as the mod can't be added and the mod name can't be left blank. 

Edit, basically, I can't use the system for the wiki where each mod gets its own row in the table.  you can't add a mod to the drop down list (the editor won't let you leave the text field blank), and added mods don't show up in the drop down which is required to add a new row. 

Edited by Mr_Moal

To be honest, I have no idea what is going on. The Pack development was never finished so there very well could be some glitches. Packs will be completely moved to Mod Picker when STEP 3.0 is released, so there will be no further development, fixes, etc to our Pack setup on the wiki. My best advice is to simply wait it out for STEP 3.0 or build your Pack on your user page, rather than using the Pack system on the wiki. Once good reason for this, is a lot of the wiki will be stripped out with STEP 3.0 and it's currently unknown what is going to happen to the existing Packs when that happens. That will be unknown until we actually get to the development phase.