Running Vivid weathers with STEP mods

Midig

The answer I provided was incomplete. "Vivid Weathers" includes even more effects than "Vividian - Extended Weathers", but to switch STEP Extended to use "Vivid Weathers" vs. "Vividian - Extended Weathers" a small edit must be made. After changing the master file name to "Vivid Weathers" open TES5Edit selecting only STEP Extended Patch.esp. In the FormID box in the upper left of TES5Edit enter "000C8221" then enter. STEP Extended will not have the correct "NNAM - Visual Effect" object. Right click this object, select "Edit" and enter "xx000D66" where xx is the plugin ID of "Vivid Weathers". The LOTX object should also be copied from "Vivid Weathers" to the "STEP Extended Patch". Close TES5Edit and save the plugin.

Cool. How do I know what the plugin ID is? What is LOTX object exactly? 

EDIT: 

Also I got the message: "an error ocurred while loading modules. Editing is disabled. Check the message log and correct the error" with the <Requires master "Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp" to be loaded before it.> message. 

Is it what to expect everytime I load that file alone in Tes5edit or is something wonky? 

Edited by Midig

You need to change thje master file to Vivid Weathers.esp first as I described previously. There is also a description of how to do this in the REGS Merge guide.

I did everything now except add in "xx000D66" in  "NNAM - Visual Effect" object. As long as I can get the Vivid Weathers ID I think I am

good to go!

I did everything now except add in "xx000D66" in  "NNAM - Visual Effect" object. As long as I can get the Vivid Weathers ID I think I am

good to go!

NVM. I ended up dragging the LOTX and null reference in visual effects section and it seems to be working as it should now. 

https://imgur.com/a/YRpM3

Once I have done some more testing I will vierify if it works here. 

The Null reference can be replaced by the VividStrongSnowEffect xx000D66. There are a lot of other differences between the Vivid Weathers SkyrimStormSnow record and the STEP Etended Record; you might (or might not) want to copy these over to the STEP Extended Patch, in any case leaving the SNAM - Sound records in Step Extended patch alone.

The Null reference can be replaced by the VividStrongSnowEffect xx000D66. There are a lot of other differences between the Vivid Weathers SkyrimStormSnow record and the STEP Etended Record; you might (or might not) want to copy these over to the STEP Extended Patch, in any case leaving the SNAM - Sound records in Step Extended patch alone.

I just have no idea where to find the XX in "xx000D66" though. Tried to google plugin ID and stuff. I think that is most of the changes I want to make. 

XX is the load order of the mod in question and you can see this in the Mod Index column in the right pane in Mod Organizer. For example, Skyrim.esm should be 00, Update.ems should be 01, and so forth.

XX is the load order of the mod in question and you can see this in the Mod Index column in the right pane in Mod Organizer. For example, Skyrim.esm should be 00, Update.ems should be 01, and so forth.

So I have to change this every time I change the load order on Vivid Weathers?