mator smash - need help with smash.all leveled lists

dreadflopp

Question

Hi,

I need some help getting the correct settings for leveled lists. I make three clones of the smah.all setting and I want them to smash in three different way, basically the same way as wrye bash does but with the mator smashs extended smash.all functionality:

smash.all delev

• Record is in the master plugin and in this plugin -> forward record
  • Record is not in the master plugin but is in this plugin -> forward record
  • Record is in the master plugin but not in this plugin -> do not forward record

smash.all relev

• Record is in the master plugin but not in this plugin -> forward record
  • Record has previously been delev:ed, but is in this plugin -> forward record
  • Record has been changed, like changed level -> forward record

smash.all relev/delev -  a combo

• Record is in the master plugin but not in this plugin -> do not forward record
  • Record has previously been delev:ed, but is in this plugin -> forward record
  • Record has been changed, like changed level -> forward record

If I've got something wrong in how wrye behaves, please correct me :)

7 answers to this question

I don't really understand the logic as you've described it.  Smash doesn't "forward records", it forwards elements, so it may just be a terminology thing.

The key aspect of Delev (to my understanding) is "preserving deletions".  This is a setting in Smash which you can enable on the Leveled List Entries array by right clicking -> Toggle -> Preserve Deletions.

The key aspect of Relev (to my understanding) is "changing levels on existing entries".  This can be done in Smash by checking the "Level" element inside of the LVLI \ Leveled List Entries \ Leveled List Entry \ LVLO - Base Data node.

This is what RELEV + DELEV looks like:

wLYyw.png

This is just RELEV:

wLYzX.png

This is just DELEV:

wLYBp.png

This is where you toggle preserve deletions:

wLYEF.png

Your desire to have an element forwarded even if it has been deleted (to have it restored) is not something Smash is capable of in the current version.  It will be capable of it in the next version, however, via the Override Deletions feature.  The feature is complete and is working, I just need to finish some other things for the release.

Hope this helps, sorry for taking awhile to get back to you.  :)

- Mator

Edited by Mator

No worries. English is not my first language, I might sound confused but I'm really not. Thanks for you're answers exactly what I meant.

Wrye Bash doesn't preserve deletions, it preserve deletions from the tagged plugin's masters.

Example: High level enemies.esp has some records that adds high level weapons to the bandit's leveled lists. Say I want to make a patch that reverts this. I take each one of these records and copies them as overrides into a new plugin, a patch. In the patch I remove all high level weapons, reverting the records to vanilla. The master to the patch is Skyrim.esm. I add delev to the patch and create a bashed patch. The bashed patch will restore the elements removed in the patch because it only preserves deletions from Skyrim.esm. If I manually add High level enemies.esp as a master to to the patch and recreate the bashed patch, the deletions from High level Enemies.esp will be preserved.

This feature is many times crucial when patching/merging/deleveling leveled lists. It enables patch creators to chose exactly which plugins to preserve deletions from.

Maybe a possible future feature in Mator Smash?

No worries. English is not my first language, I might sound confused but I'm really not. Thanks for you're answers exactly what I meant.

Oh, I would never have guessed. :P

Wrye Bash doesn't preserve deletions, it preserve deletions from the tagged plugin's masters.

This is how Smash's "preserve deletions" feature works as well. Deletions are detected relative to the master record.

If I manually add High level enemies.esp as a master to to the patch and recreate the bashed patch, the deletions from High level Enemies.esp will be preserved.

This feature is many times crucial when patching/merging/deleveling leveled lists. It enables patch creators to chose exactly which plugins to preserve deletions from.

Maybe a possible future feature in Mator Smash?

Smash is intended to work exactly like that, but I don't know if the code uses the last available master record currently. If it doesn't it should be a quick and easy fix, which I'll do right now...

EDIT: Smash does in fact use the winning override from the plugin's master files when performing conflict resolution, and has since January 2016.

Edited by Mator

EDIT: Smash does in fact use the winning override from the plugin's master files when performing conflict resolution, and has since January 2016.

Looks like I need to give it another go then :) Thanks for clarifying.

One thing I noticed is that Mator Smash leaves a lot of ITP:s (Identical To Previous Record, that's what the're called right?) in the worldspace. I'm guessing Smash is removing child ITP:s but leaves the parent record, which also is ITP. I'm using Realistic Water Two, Enhanced Lighting for ENB, Immersive Citizens and Relighting Skyrim so there is quite a lot of conflicts in the worldspace.

Looks like I need to give it another go then :) Thanks for clarifying.

One thing I noticed is that Mator Smash leaves a lot of ITP:s (Identical To Previous Record, that's what the're called right?) in the worldspace. I'm guessing Smash is removing child ITP:s but leaves the parent record, which also is ITP. I'm using Realistic Water Two, Enhanced Lighting for ENB, Immersive Citizens and Relighting Skyrim so there is quite a lot of conflicts in the worldspace.

ITPOs* (Identical to Previous Override records).  Smash cleans ITPOs when the patch is completed, but the currently released version doesn't clean them completely, leaving some parent ITPOs at the end of the process.  This issue is fixed in my current dev build, and will be resolved in the next update.

Edited by Mator

ITPOs* (Identical to Previous Override records).  Smash cleans ITPOs when the patch is completed, but the currently released version doesn't clean them completely, leaving some parent ITPOs at the end of the process.  This issue is fixed in my current dev build, and will be resolved in the next update.

Great, thanks for your answers :)