confused

bitdman

Question

When I install Fallout 4 mods with 'Mod O2' v2.0.7 These DLC's won't activate without manual activation and get de-activated randomly and I'm not sure why.....( DLC Workshop 1,2, and 3 )

So I am installing 2.0.8.2 to try it.

The FO4 DLC's seem to have a problem with remaining in proper LO. This problem causes load order problems from the very beginning. If I did not have this problem or knew how to correct it I could continue modding the game. I tried following Kesta's guide and except for this constant glitch I would have a very nice looking FO4 game. 

Is this problem familiar? Should I keep banging my head on the table, or does someone have an idea that might help the situation?

Thanks!

LOOT seems to be able to order the DLC's but  xEdit can't find the plugins.txt or ini files created at first run.

5 answers to this question

Fallout 4 introduced a new way to manager load order, namely the format of "plugins.txt" changed to allow for both active and inactive plugins to be listed. (For games prior to FO4, all plugins given in plugins.txt were active.) However, a few tools still haven't been updated to support this newer format. MO2 is one of these tools: https://github.com/LePresidente/modorganizer/issues/87

Order your DCL files the way they should be and then Shift click Fallout4.esm and the last DLC, right click and select "Lock Load Order". They will still become unchecked when running LOOT, but then all you have to do now is right click in the right pane and select "Enable all", assuming your load order does not have any ESPs that you have unchecked for other reasons, and deselect a plugin and enable it again. The DLC files will pop back into order.

As for them becoming unchecked when installing mods I can only guess at this. Maybe something is protecting the files in the active profile, like an antivirus program. I assume you have run the game from Steam or the launcher at least once.