183 replies to this topic

#181 uncleseano

uncleseano

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:29 PM

Also Forest of Dibella looks like a good way to save an auld .esp spot but a decent return

#182 Verrenus

Verrenus

Prisoner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:46 PM

Between all of the guides, this is a question that has been asked so many times already. Chances are Tech has included the fixes in the CR

I'd actually be surprised if he didn't already account for them, I'm the beginner here, sorry! ;)

However, I've also been noticing a lot of comments on very different Skyrim SE mods regarding the "file header version". From what I've gathered, the files used by the SE feature an updated header - 44 - reflecting the fact that they've been optimised through the latest CK for use with this particular version of the Creation Engine. Oldrim mods that have not been optimised properly for SE still have the older header - 43 - and so can be easily spotted by opening them in xEdit.

From what I've been reading, a lot of modders - including Arthmoor - are convinced that running SE with improperly converted Oldrim mods can lead to all sort of issues, not excluding CTDs and save file corruption. Tech mentioned in the introduction to his guide that he only included mods that did not require any special optimisation or porting, so I guess we should be safe playing with his current selection? :/

Edited by Verrenus, Yesterday, 01:48 PM.

#183 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:31 PM

I wondered all of the same questions when I was a beginner. Tech is no Newbie when it comes to modding. Sometimes guide authors make mistakes but when it comes to conflict resolution/patches, I would say he has it covered. Its never bad to ask questions or point out possible errors.

#184 Verrenus

Verrenus

Prisoner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 38 minutes ago

I wondered all of the same questions when I was a beginner. Tech is no Newbie when it comes to modding. Sometimes guide authors make mistakes but when it comes to conflict resolution/patches, I would say he has it covered. Its never bad to ask questions or point out possible errors.

Thank you very much for understanding my position! ;)

The Elder Scrolls is one of the best RPG series of all time and Skyrim is my favourite title of the bunch. After Oldrim was released and S.T.E.P. appeared for it I was amazed at the sheer quality of content I could install, but also equally intimidated by the complexity of making the dozens of mods work well together and avoid conflicts. After going through the entire S.T.E.P. guide for Oldrim a few years ago, I started having problems due to its 32-bit architecture and its inherent instability and memory limitations, so I just powered through the main story and Dawnguard and vowed to myself that should an updated version would be released I would come back and finish what I started years ago.

Well, last year a miracle happened and I could not be happier that the SE was actually getting released, with 64-bit support no less. Now that I can finally "finish" playing a much more stably-modded Skyrim, I want to make sure that I do things properly this time around. ;)

Edited by Verrenus, 36 minutes ago.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hyareil