Skyrim SE

Tech's Skyrim Special Edition Guide

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#226 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,967 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

From what I have seen, the downloaded archive should be repackaged, otherwise Wrye Bash will not detect (and therefore not install) the .esp file of SSE High Quality Music's optional version! :/

You are correct. The music still installs just fine. Users will simply not have the restored content unless they repack or install in MO/NMM and archive the installed mod from there.

I will repack this for the author and offer it up.

#227 Verrenus

Verrenus

Prisoner

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:08 AM

You are correct. The music still installs just fine. Users will simply not have the restored content unless they repack or install in MO/NMM and archive the installed mod from there.

I will repack this for the author and offer it up.

Thank you very much for confirming this, Tech! ;)

I personally repackaged just the "Music" folder and the "SSE High Quality Music.esp" within a neat new 7.zip archive and installed that using WB. Maybe you could do the same for the mod author so as to keep things as "lean" as possible (and prevent ending up with that grey background in the Installers Tab)? :P

#228 johanlh

johanlh

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:41 AM

Hello there,

Can I add new quest mods like Undeath, Undeath Immersive Lichdom and Vigilant over the installation? is should be done after the bashed patch or should I have to rebuild it?

https://www.nexusmod...ition/mods/6180

https://www.nexusmod...ition/mods/9223

https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/11849/?

Thanks in advance

#229 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,967 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

You can add anything you want. :) Rerun the Bashed Patch after to be safe.

#230 Verrenus

Verrenus

Prisoner

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:26 AM

Can I add new quest mods like Undeath, Undeath Immersive Lichdom and Vigilant over the installation? is should be done after the bashed patch or should I have to rebuild it?

Sure you can, but after installing new mods you should always complete the following steps:

1) Re-sort your plugins load order via LOOT

2) Rebuild your Bashed Patch from within WB

I always do the above whenever I update my mods list, just to be safe! ;)

Edited by Verrenus, 12 September 2017 - 05:27 AM.

#231 Hackfield

Hackfield

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

So, SKSE64 is out

#232 Joat_Mon

Joat_Mon

Guard

• Contributors
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

"ALPHA BUILD. MODDERS ONLY. DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT"

#233 Hackfield

Hackfield

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:28 PM

"ALPHA BUILD. MODDERS ONLY. DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT"

Still, it's almost complete (except for some NetImmerse functions I think) and fully usable, I'm using it right now with SkyUI 5.1 and some other mods ported from LE.
Active effects work and even the MCM is fully working if you install this plugin.

#234 redirishlord

redirishlord

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

So, SKSE64 is out

... and there was much rejoicing!

Of course I'm loving Tech's SSE + Dread's Packs with some cuts and adds right now. Definitely looking forward to a SKSE'ier future once I've had my way with the current build.

#235 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,967 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

SKSE64 will not be in the guide until it's at a full release state. Good to hear it's finally reached alpha release, though! :celebration:

#236 Greg

Greg

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

Holy smokes... I darn near broke out into a little dancing jig with this news. :dancingbanana:

#237 Veezy

Veezy

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

So, I'm running through setting this up and when going through the utilities, I reached this part:

DynDOLOD

Download: Nexus

Description This is an utility used to create a mod based on the load order, which adds custom, distant LOD for objects to Skyrim.

Installation

1. Download the DynDOLOD Standalone main file.
  2. Extract the contents to the new folder created above: On my system this is: D:\Modding\Programs\DynDOLOD Standalone\.
[EDIT]DynDOLOD Setup
  1. Open the installed DynDOLOD folder from above.
  2. Right-click on TexGen64.exe and choose [Create shortcut].
  3. Right-click on the newly created shortcut and choose [Properties].
  4. In the Target field after the ending quote, type a space and -sse It should look like: TexGenx64.exe" -sse
  5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 for DynDOLODx64.exe.

However, I don't have a " at the end of the target window.  So right now, it's set up like this (E:\Modding\Programs\DynDOLOD\TexGenx64.exe -sse).  With no ".  Is that okay?

#238 Joat_Mon

Joat_Mon

Guard

• Contributors
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

Yes

#239 Veezy

Veezy

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

Just got done installing everything and it runs perfectly.  I think I may have messed up somewhere though.  I was just testing to make sure that it was working, did a "surprise me" option in "alternate start".  Ended up with the Dawnguard location.  No issues running everything, however the tall torch lantern things don't have any textures, they're all just a mesh with a flat purple texture.  What would be causing that?  It's not a huge deal, but I don't remember skipping any steps, or even if I had the texture from the base game should still be there. 

Thanks!

EDIT:  Attached a screenshot.

7lW9P

Edited by Veezy, 14 September 2017 - 10:51 AM.

#240 Sixxness

Sixxness

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:44 AM

you could do with creating a catagory template, like with the vanilla STEP page. A>N etc., its quite a lenghty piece to be in one main text listings.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

baronaatista