376 replies to this topic

#331 Gilgamesh2k5

Gilgamesh2k5

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

Hey Tech just a quick inquiry. Have you looked into the following overhaul? 

https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/10472/?

Seems like it would eliminate many mods and reduce esp count however i know how technical these packs can get with dependencies, conflicts, etc. Just more of a heads up I suppose. Since this is my first time in this thread, I have to say I love your pack and to keep up the ******* stellar work bromigo!  CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!    ******* CENSORING

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5, 18 October 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#332 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,100 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

Hey Tech just a quick inquiry. Have you looked into the following overhaul? 

https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/10472/?

Seems like it would eliminate many mods and reduce esp count however i know how technical these packs can get with dependencies, conflicts, etc. Just more of a heads up I suppose. Since this is my first time in this thread, I have to say I love your pack and to keep up the ******* stellar work bromigo!  CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!    ******* CENSORING

Yeah, that is way out of the scope of this guide.

#333 Gilgamesh2k5

Gilgamesh2k5

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

Yeah, that is way out of the scope of this guide.

Okay no problem I figured as much due to the complexity and scope of that overhaul, but it was worth mentioning I figured

#334 gti2756

gti2756

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Would it be safe to remove Enhanced lighting for ENB (Ele)?  I removed it and disabled the weather patch and it seems fine.  I tried to get used to the dark dungeons but there are too many places it is just pitch black.  I wish there was an in-between setting, it just seems crazy to have a bonfire with light that only goes a few feet away.

#335 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,100 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

Would it be safe to remove Enhanced lighting for ENB (Ele)? I removed it and disabled the weather patch and it seems fine. I tried to get used to the dark dungeons but there are too many places it is just pitch black. I wish there was an in-between setting, it just seems crazy to have a bonfire with light that only goes a few feet away.

Yes, it's safe as long as you don't use the weather patch.

#336 uncleseano

uncleseano

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:21 AM

How come you let wyre bash merge whatever plugins that it prompts and everyone else and their mother say not to do it? What's your take on it?

I always skipped that part but I let it it'll save me some 11 esp slots

#337 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,100 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

How come you let wyre bash merge whatever plugins that it prompts and everyone else and their mother say not to do it? What's your take on it?

I always skipped that part but I let it it'll save me some 11 esp slots

Most mods are perfectly safe to allow it to "bash" together. They often have nothing to do with each other and contain simple record edits which can achieved by anyone with a little bit of knowledge. Those that don't like WB to merge mods in the Bashed Patch are simply control freaks, in my experience. If you're just wanting to install some mods and play the game, then there's nothing wrong with allowing it to merge the mods it wants to merge. If you're wanting to control every grain of information about your install, then don't...I don't really consider these people as average users who just want to play the game, though. These people tend to do more tweaking than playing and often become mod authors along the way.

Though with that said, WB does not always get it right and it's an antiquated feature. So users doing detailed setups should make sure the Bashed Patched isn't overwriting wanted changes. If it does, this can often be fixed by adding proper tags to specific mods. All-in-all, Merged Plugins is a better way of handling merging of mods, but it's not "automated" to "know" which mods to easily merge together. You have to tell it what you're wanting to do. Bashed Patch is good at merging leveled list though, so if you don't allow it to merge mods, you should at least let it handle the lists.

#338 uncleseano

uncleseano

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Gotcha, thanks for the write up. I'll prolly see what Bash mentions and then control freak it on up and see what I can either manually merge or let Mators Standlone do it all for me. At any rate we already have on Bash patch taking up a slot, might as well push it a lil further.

Ta!

#339 SSGCull

SSGCull

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

I added this to the guide and it looks amazing
https://rd.nexusmods...on/articles/262
Except for the big ass cows lol

#340 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,100 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

I added this to the guide and it looks amazing
https://rd.nexusmods...on/articles/262
Except for the big ass cows lol

I actually have had something like this in the works for some time now. There are some issues with EVT for SE which I am waiting for the author to fix before posting it to the guide.

#341 Trexasle

Trexasle

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

Yeah This is odder than a little bit.

The Banners for Kodlaks Funeral are....Missing a Mesh?CcsE0sZ.jpg

Edited by Trexasle, 26 October 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#342 abj9562

abj9562

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:13 AM

I found your guide and it is wonderful. Thank You!

#343 uncleseano

uncleseano

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

Heya Techie,  how come you use the BBP version of XPMSSE? I didn't think you were using any mods that needs the BBP.

Wouldn't the vanilla suffice?

#344 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,100 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

Heya Techie,  how come you use the BBP version of XPMSSE? I didn't think you were using any mods that needs the BBP.

Wouldn't the vanilla suffice?

It's just an oversight. It should have been the HDT option to mirror the STEP Guide options. I've corrected it.

#345 uncleseano

uncleseano

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

I guess the same question though, you don't have any HDT mods right?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users