Skyrim SE

Tech's Skyrim Special Edition Guide

• Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

#361 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for the quick fix!
However, my game now crashes when loading an outdoor space...
Did regenerate DynDOLOD and TexGen, disabled DynDOLOD.esp and the CR patch, but still CTD when trying to access an outdoor space.
As previous post points out, maybe because of the update (I'm not using SKSE64)?

This is going to be something on your end. I just forced my game update, tested on my level 1 and level 10 saves, and the game loads just fine. I loaded outdoor, indoors, and traveled from indoors to the outdoors...no crashes.

#362 zztraider

zztraider

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the quick fix!
However, my game now crashes when loading an outdoor space...
Did regenerate DynDOLOD and TexGen, disabled DynDOLOD.esp and the CR patch, but still CTD when trying to access an outdoor space.
As previous post points out, maybe because of the update (I'm not using SKSE64)?

For what it's worth, I'm not having this issue, even after the update. I'm able to start the game, choose to be an inn patron in Whiterun, then run through Whiterun and out into the world and look around without crashing.

I did verify the game cache (after setting the modified binkw64.dll to the side) to restore the official ESMs, then ran through the cleaning steps on them again. Maybe that has something to do with it?

#363 FantasyGamer

FantasyGamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

For what it's worth, I'm not having this issue, even after the update. I'm able to start the game, choose to be an inn patron in Whiterun, then run through Whiterun and out into the world and look around without crashing.

I did verify the game cache (after setting the modified binkw64.dll to the side) to restore the official ESMs, then ran through the cleaning steps on them again. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks for the advice!
I tried the verify and reclean, but still get a CTD when trying to walk out of the inn in Whiterun...

I didn't touch anything else, so I've no idea what's causing this.
I'm going to try a few things (rebuild DynDOLOD again etc) and try to find the problem here.

Appreciate the help!

#364 FantasyGamer

FantasyGamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

Well, quick update:

I did restart from scratch (Vanilla unmodded was acting weird after uninstalling al mods in WB).

However, still CTD when trying to exit anywhere to an outdoor area, Solstheim (Refugee from morrowind option, Whiterun inn, camping in the woods etc...)
I followeds every step, paying close attention to sub-packages and extra installation steps, but to no avail...

#365 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:13 AM

Well, quick update:

I did restart from scratch (Vanilla unmodded was acting weird after uninstalling al mods in WB).

However, still CTD when trying to exit anywhere to an outdoor area, Solstheim (Refugee from morrowind option, Whiterun inn, camping in the woods etc...)
I followeds every step, paying close attention to sub-packages and extra installation steps, but to no avail...

Did the vanilla game run okay after refreshing it?

#366 FantasyGamer

FantasyGamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

Did the vanilla game run okay after refreshing it?

Yup, did a full reinstall, started a new game and went through the Helgen intro without any problems.

#367 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:23 AM

Yup, did a full reinstall, started a new game and went through the Helgen intro without any problems.

Did you test throughout the guide or just install the whole thing in one go? Can you provide your plugin list?

#368 FantasyGamer

FantasyGamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

Did you test throughout the guide or just install the whole thing in one go? Can you provide your plugin list?

I did install it in one go, but I'm thinking of uninstalling everything (again) and testing after I've done each section to narrow it down to the mod causing the CTD. Will post the list in just a moment!

Thanks for the support!

EDIT: My plugin list:

Active Mod Files:

Edited by FantasyGamer, 09 November 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#369 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

What mod does this plugin belong to? EnneadSeptims.esp

#370 FantasyGamer

FantasyGamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

What mod does this plugin belong to? EnneadSeptims.esp

This belongs to the linked Septim mod (the one linked in the guide is a hidden file)
New mod the author links to: https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/13151/?
The EnneadSeptims.esp is the renamed "Gold" to "Septim" optional for that mod, which seemed similar to the one you installed.

However, I just started reinstalling everything again, and found out that the SSE fixes (DLL Plugin Loader) is causing the CTD.
I removed the Plugin map and binkw64.dll and could load whiterun without an instant CTD.

EDIT: It seems the binkw64.dll broke with the new update. A lot of people are having the same problem (however you and zztraider are running the guide fine?).

Edited by FantasyGamer, 09 November 2017 - 12:00 PM.

#371 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:49 PM

This belongs to the linked Septim mod (the one linked in the guide is a hidden file)
New mod the author links to: https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/13151/?
The EnneadSeptims.esp is the renamed "Gold" to "Septim" optional for that mod, which seemed similar to the one you installed.

However, I just started reinstalling everything again, and found out that the SSE fixes (DLL Plugin Loader) is causing the CTD.
I removed the Plugin map and binkw64.dll and could load whiterun without an instant CTD.

EDIT: It seems the binkw64.dll broke with the new update. A lot of people are having the same problem (however you and zztraider are running the guide fine?).

Thanks, I wasn't aware that mod page was hidden.

Ah! That's it. I haven't reinstalled SSE Fixes since the update, which likely restored the original file....meaning I haven't been running SSE Fixes since the update...though I haven't been in the game much either (haven't had any time for playing). You can simply run the guide without SSE Fixes until the author updates the mod.

#372 redirishlord

redirishlord

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:59 PM

... However, I just started reinstalling everything again, and found out that the SSE fixes (DLL Plugin Loader) is causing the CTD.

Thank you for posting! You saved me a headache tonight. I hit that CTD, deleted the new bink files & renamed the _'ed original, seems to run. Eagerly awaiting the dll loader's update.

#373 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

Veydosebrom updated and the author didn't maintain the correct directory structure and installer created for it. Until it's updated for these changes, you all can either not update or manually update. I will post some instructions eventually. Until I do, you'll be on your own.

Been rather busy with work and the development work will be picking up soon.

#374 tfisb

tfisb

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

Thanks for this awesome modding guide!

Everything has worked well (after disabling SSE Fixes - thx FantasyGamer), except for one strange thing.  My garlic braids are lurid green ...

https://imgur.com/a/qNCMU

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling "High Quality Food And Ingredients SE" and "SMIM SE" - but there was no change (uninstalled or reinstalled).  However, my Wrye Bash skills are at novice level, so it is possible I didn't restore the original garlic files properly.  

Any hints or tips on where to look to correct this oddity?

#375 Ivoknivo

Ivoknivo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for this awesome modding guide!

Everything has worked well (after disabling SSE Fixes - thx FantasyGamer), except for one strange thing. My garlic braids are lurid green ...

https://imgur.com/a/qNCMU

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling "High Quality Food And Ingredients SE" and "SMIM SE" - but there was no change (uninstalled or reinstalled). However, my Wrye Bash skills are at novice level, so it is possible I didn't restore the original garlic files properly.

Any hints or tips on where to look to correct this oddity?

There is a patch in high poly mod for the garlic braids

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users