Skyrim SE

Tech's Skyrim Special Edition Guide

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#376 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

Yeah, just install the Update file from the High Poly Project mod. I haven't updated the guide with it yet because the author usually does releases fairly often.

#377 tfisb

tfisb

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:29 AM

There is a patch in high poly mod for the garlic braids

You're a scholar and a gentlebeing, that fixed things immediately.

Yeah, just install the Update file from the High Poly Project mod. I haven't updated the guide with it yet because the author usually does releases fairly often.

Not a problem, I'm doing this for someone's birthday this coming weekend, so I'm on a bit of a deadline.  I'm just glad I hadn't missed an option somewhere along the way and had to rebuild from scratch.  

#378 FantasyGamer

FantasyGamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Lucidity got an update (2q):

download optional update file (2p to 2q) and install right after main file.

#379 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

Lucidity got an update (2q):

download optional update file (2p to 2q) and install right after main file.

Thanks for the info. You won't see updates from the mod on the Guide though. That author updates too often. I'd have to change the Guide ever few days.

#380 Sakr3d

Sakr3d

Prisoner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:20 PM

Thank you so much for the guide Tech, I've been going through it and here's a few things I'd like to bring up.

Under aMidianBorn Book of Silence
Note that the blades armor is skipped. It is bugged for SSE.

This can be fixed by running the meshes through NIF Optimizer or downloading the following fix https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/12963/?

Under section CC's HQ Septims
Description
High quality retexture of the various soulgems.

Also CC's HQ Septims is hidden and now points to Ennead - Septims https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/13151/?

Regarding Pilgrims Delight - High Hrothgar Shrine Retextures
There's a 2K texture patch  located inthe optional files found here https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/13380/?

Ren's HD Shrines now exists on SSE.

#381 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

Thank you so much for the guide Tech, I've been going through it and here's a few things I'd like to bring up.

Under aMidianBorn Book of Silence
Note that the blades armor is skipped. It is bugged for SSE.

This can be fixed by running the meshes through NIF Optimizer or downloading the following fix https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/12963/?

Under section CC's HQ Septims
Description
High quality retexture of the various soulgems.

Also CC's HQ Septims is hidden and now points to Ennead - Septims https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/13151/?

Regarding Pilgrims Delight - High Hrothgar Shrine Retextures
There's a 2K texture patch  located inthe optional files found here https://www.nexusmod...on/mods/13380/?

Ren's HD Shrines now exists on SSE.

Thanks. I've actually already noted most of this. I just haven't had time to work on the guide lately.

#382 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

Thanks. I've actually already noted most of this. I just haven't had time to work on the guide latel

I'm not sure how you keep your own guide,moderate STEP, work on Step and still have a time for other things;) ​ wonder how many users realize how much time it takes up. Especially with constant mod updates. I have repackaged the new Veyoserom and put the directions in my guide if you would like to copy and paste them, I mean if I even did it right;)

#383 DarkladyLexy

DarkladyLexy

Dragonborn

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:04 PM

I'm not sure how you keep your own guide,moderate STEP, work on Step and still have a time for other things;) ​ wonder how many users realize how much time it takes up. Especially with constant mod updates. I have repackaged the new Veyoserom and put the directions in my guide if you would like to copy and paste them, I mean if I even did it right;)

lol i must admit i never truly appreciated the work involved with maintaining guide until i built one myself.

#384 Mausar

Mausar

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:13 PM

Hi there, pretty new to the whole modding Skyrim thing (so sorry about any dumb questions) but I went ahead and followed your guide.  

I kinda got excited and went through the whole thing before checking if it worked, so at the end I was able to load into the Alternate Start room (and the lighting was really dark) but choosing any starts that took me outside (or choosing an indoor start then walking outside) caused my game to crash.  

I've now gone ahead and uninstalled Skyrim SE and all the modding tools, although I kept all the downloaded mod zips in a separate folder so I don't have to download them again (hope that's ok).  

My intention is to go through each category of mods then test it out when I'm done before moving onto the next. However, I'm not sure if there's something I have to do every time I want to test a set of mods out before moving onto the next section on Wrye Bash. 
Can I just check them off and load up Skyrim?

Thanks for any help.

#385 FantasyGamer

FantasyGamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:42 AM

Hi there, pretty new to the whole modding Skyrim thing (so sorry about any dumb questions) but I went ahead and followed your guide.  

I kinda got excited and went through the whole thing before checking if it worked, so at the end I was able to load into the Alternate Start room (and the lighting was really dark) but choosing any starts that took me outside (or choosing an indoor start then walking outside) caused my game to crash.  

I've now gone ahead and uninstalled Skyrim SE and all the modding tools, although I kept all the downloaded mod zips in a separate folder so I don't have to download them again (hope that's ok).  

My intention is to go through each category of mods then test it out when I'm done before moving onto the next. However, I'm not sure if there's something I have to do every time I want to test a set of mods out before moving onto the next section on Wrye Bash. 
Can I just check them off and load up Skyrim?

Thanks for any help.

There are no dumb questions! ;)

See my solution a couple of posts back, it's caused by the DLL plugin loader and SSE fixes. After restoring the original DLL en removing the SSE fixes, the game will work as intended. ;)

#386 uncleseano

uncleseano

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted Today, 04:11 AM

Hey Gurl Hey

I gotta ask, what does 'Change Diffuse Alpha and Diffuse to [BC3 (DXT5)]' in DynDoLod really do?

Also while I have ya when we're CRing and find waterflow records what is the 'default' or base for RWT?

In that I mean I'm finding some mods overwrite waterflow records to keep it in line with what Skyrim.exe has but if I see that RWT is not affecting that particular record I would normally forward the changes from update or the unofficial patch (generally the same). Is this good practice?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)