Skyrim SE

Tech's Skyrim Special Edition Guide

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#631 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,367 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

Well my point was that you could showcase less distasteful nude mods. The game has decapitation, so you are still advocating and recommending mods in an already mature game. I personally started sex ed around 11 and I don't see why murdering people is less taboo than the human body. I don't like going around staring at virtual junk myself, but I'd like to see a guide include recommendations for those who feel it increases their immersion. There's an ocean full of weird fetish crap, I think finding and recommending something decent will be appreciated by many people. It's not a personal issue to me, I just find it odd pretty much everything else is covered bar this.  

The best mods that provides meshes for this are already very well know (Better Males, UNP, CBBE). Better Males is already included in STEP so those users could install the nude option if they wanted.

As for the textures and this guide, Tempered Males already has an option for nude willies hanging out. I'll likely include Tempered Females too which has various options for nudity as well.

#632 baronaatista

baronaatista

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:42 AM

For me, the body mod that would really enhance the game in a meaningful way would be something that would diversify body meshes, and distribute them appropriately amongst NPCs.  Meaning, there could actually be different body types in the game - short and stout, tall and skinny, fat bastard, varied heights, etc.  In my Oldrim install, I use Disparity with Mothers and Daughters  + Diverse Skyrim (oh and of course Consistent Older People).  Disparity varies NPC height based on race, Mothers and Daughters adds old lady body meshes (and they're nude, with physics! lol.  the bad kind.), COP adds scrunchy old faces, and Diverse Skyrim adds racial diversity to factions... the combined effect is Skyrim feeling much less robotic, more realistic and varied.  I'd love to see that really taken all the way.  

Of course the issue is... well all the issues that arise with trying to make that kind of mod.  I absolutely love the varied height aspect of Disparity.  I don't so much like my NPC's floating above tables they're leaning on though, because of adjusted heights and issues with animations or whatever.  I don't like armors looking stretched or oddly shaped, or clipping issues... etc.

#633 xpander

xpander

Prisoner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:11 AM

I am using Tempered skins for both males and females and they look great(specially with the Subsurface Scattering Shaders for Skins) people recommended Diversity and overwrite with Tempered but I don't like apachii hair styles and only used Superior Lore-Friendly Hair.
Shiva updated the missing shoe textures for Tempered so are a much better appearance, maybe that helps with choices?

#634 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

I am probably the only dummy that did this. You should put a note in the guide letting people know that the CK needs to be installed in the Skyrim Directory. I did not realize I had a fresh install that I never played so Beth.Net was installing the CK in the wrong folder. I knew something was goofy but spent the past day and half trying to figure out the issue. It was just lack of knowledge.

#635 SparrowPrince

SparrowPrince

High King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:05 PM

The best mods that provides meshes for this are already very well know (Better Males, UNP, CBBE). Better Males is already included in STEP so those users could install the nude option if they wanted.
As for the textures and this guide, Tempered Males already has an option for nude willies hanging out. I'll likely include Tempered Females too which has various options for nudity as well.

Well I didn't know that because I am a modding ghost half the time. Would be nice to mention the alternative files if you have not already. That mod baron mentioned is also interesting. I guess I'm just mostly unaware and more like a new user in that respect: I don't pay much attention to releases and you should let me know! You're the guide master after all.

I am probably the only dummy that did this. You should put a note in the guide letting people know that the CK needs to be installed in the Skyrim Directory. I did not realize I had a fresh install that I never played so Beth.Net was installing the CK in the wrong folder. I knew something was goofy but spent the past day and half trying to figure out the issue. It was just lack of knowledge.

Nah it did that to me the other day. I just closed it as I couldn't be bothered to change the path and I don't like the CK anyway, so that was a good excuse to not use it. Next time though it found the game's Steam folder and all was well. So you are not a dummy, it should find the path automatically.

#636 jessieca

jessieca

Prisoner

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

I am using Tempered skins for both males and females and they look great(specially with the Subsurface Scattering Shaders for Skins) people recommended Diversity and overwrite with Tempered but I don't like apachii hair styles and only used Superior Lore-Friendly Hair.
Shiva updated the missing shoe textures for Tempered so are a much better appearance, maybe that helps with choices?

@xpander For hair, I used Immersive KS Hairdos in conjunction with KS Hairdos; it cuts the hair options down to 145 from 655 for women and contains the more lore-friendly hairs that have fewer clipping issues. If used with Salt and Wind per the mod author's suggestion, the hair is that much more realistic. I am playing with the first two mods (you need KS Hairdos for Immersive KS Hairdos) with no issues. I have not tried Salt and Wind and haven't done much but glance at the mod page so I don't know how compatible it is.

EDIT: I've just realized that I misread your post. I thought you said you didn't use Superior Lore-Friendly Hair, so I was offering up a suggestion! Feel free to ignore me!

Edited by jessieca, 30 January 2018 - 10:27 PM.

#637 Barachiel

Barachiel

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:54 PM

Has anyone tried to see of "Legacy of the Dragonborn" plays with this modlist?  I see it's made its return (I'm behind the times, I know), and want to finally give it a whirl.  

#638 DarkladyLexy

DarkladyLexy

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

Has anyone tried to see of "Legacy of the Dragonborn" plays with this modlist?  I see it's made its return (I'm behind the times, I know), and want to finally give it a whirl.  

http://wiki.step-pro...y/Lexys_LOTD_SE :whistling:

#639 Barachiel

Barachiel

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

Okay, I didn't know this existed.  I haven't checked out the STEP side of things since Neovalen went dark (could be back now, for all I know).

Thank you very much for the self-plug.  :)

Edited by Barachiel, 01 February 2018 - 03:06 PM.

#640 DarkladyLexy

DarkladyLexy

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

Okay, I didn't know this existed.  I haven't checked out the STEP side of things since Neovalen went dark (could be back now, for all I know).

Thank you very much for the self-plug.  :)

Neo is still lurking in the shadows but as far as i know hasn't commented to a SSE Guide yet.

#641 Hyareil

Hyareil

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

Textures made for UNP should work fine with the vanilla body and FemFeet; UV maps (texture layouts) are very similar.

Body comparison:

i9jsXaJ.png

As you can see, UNP covers the same area as vanilla (and some additional areas which are not used by vanilla).

Feet comparison:

bL4MfTp.png

UV map from UNP is not visible because it's completely obscured by FemFeet (meaning they are identical). dimonized UNP lists FemFeet in credits, so it seems that FemFeet was incorporated into UNP.

Switching to textures made for UNP should solve the issue with feet seams (vanilla feet use a different layout than FemFeet which is why you get seams with textures intended for vanilla body).

#642 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

Why do you not forward the KWDA - Keywords for USSEP that are overwritten by Unlimited Book Shelves? ex 00105948 ArmorBanditCuirass1 Survival_ArmorCold [KYWD:01002ED8]

#643 Mereinid

Mereinid

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

Greetings all, I am following the install here of the Tech Skyrim Special Edition Guide. I am just now installing the Models & Textures section. Flamer was the last one I installed.

Okay, when I got here I had installed about 10 or so texture mods and ran Loot and then started the game via Mod Organizer; SKSE

Well, now Skyrim will only run up in the top left corner of my monitor.

I use two 40" 4k monitors. My right monitor, where I play my games, is considered the main monitor. I have gone to My Games> Skyrim SE and deleted my Skyrim.ini and my SkyrimPrefs.ini. I have done this three times already.

The very first time I click on, SkyrimSE.exe in my Skyrim SE directory it tells me that Skyrim will now detect my system and set it to Ultra. The game reverts to 1080p in resolution but goes full screen. I open options and select it to 3840x2160 and start the game. Skyrim starts and is full screen in 4k, I log into a testing save game I have and run around and its working fine. No lag no anything.

I save once more and then exit the game. I open Mod Organizer and then select SKS > RUN. Screen flickers once or twice and then the window gets cut to 1/4 of the size and appears in the upper left of my monitor. 

Like I mentioned earlier, I have deleted the .ini and Prefs.ini three times. Each time Skyrim.exe recognizes my system as Ultra and puts it to 1080p in resolution.  But as soon as I use MO>SKSE>RUN it puts the game back into 1/4 mode. 

Might anyone have any ideas, I have attached a screenshot. It's a wide shot as it covers all of the screen real estate. You can see the game running in the top left of the middle of the pic.

Here is a link to PhotoBucket and picture of my desktop.

http://i1143.photobu...zpswqaq4bax.jpg

Thank you for your time in all of this.

Regards,

Mereinid

#644 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:24 PM

If you are using Mod Organizer, the INI files used by the game are in the Mod Organizer\Profiles\<profile name> folder.

#645 Mereinid

Mereinid

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

I found the .ini/Prefs.ini you mentioned. I changed the FullScreen to 1 and the setting below ihorizontal/vertical or something like that. to 3840/2160. The game started via SKSE and now it took up the entire left side of the screen so exactly half of the screen top to bottom. However the game options; Continue, Load, New..etc etc. Were all off the bottom of the screen. So i had to CTRL alt Delete out of that to shut it down via task manager. 

I deleted the two .ini/prefs.ini. And the game started in full screen. I opened the folder back up Mod Organizer\Profiles\<profile name> The .ini's have not repopulated but the game works now. 

I am pretty sure this going to come back and bite me in the ass later.

Is it, despite the obvious, okay to continue to mod the game and run it without the Mod Organizer .ini's in the Profiles name folder?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users