• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#646 bigcat19

bigcat19

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

Why do you not forward the KWDA - Keywords for USSEP that are overwritten by Unlimited Book Shelves? ex 00105948 ArmorBanditCuirass1 Survival_ArmorCold [KYWD:01002ED8]

I think that this will be in Dreadflopps CR patch(if he will provide an option to use Survival mode)

There are even some missing survival keywords in CR patch provided by this guide.

We can wait some time till dreadflopp will update his modpack or add them by themselves. I am just waiting  :cool:

Edited by bigcat19, 05 February 2018 - 09:37 AM.

#647 Mereinid

Mereinid

Prisoner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:42 PM

Hello Akatosh, an author has hidden one of his files that you point to. Do you have another suggestion?

Vanilla Vegetation Overhaul

#648 jessieca

jessieca

Prisoner

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:04 PM

My quivers are no longer fastened to my belt. They were when I first started up the game for testing purposes, but now that I've been playing for a while, I noticed that the quivers are in their usual place on my back again. I've tried to re-run FNIS but the quivers stubbornly refuse to move. Has anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it?

#649 baronaatista

baronaatista

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

Hey Tech, finally started playing around with SE more recently and I'm using your guide as a starting point (as well as Lexy's LOTD guide) for doing my thing.  

Just noticed that with Tempered Skins for Males there are a couple shoe meshes missing resulting in broken feet when wearing say moth priest sandals or forsworn boots.  User Shiva182 provides links to them on the posts tab of the Nexus page.

#650 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,493 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:55 AM

@All

I apologize I haven't been around much. I recently shifted by focus more to STEP v3.0. Then not to long after that I had to wipe my drive and still haven't fully re-setup my system for modding. I also got a copy of Vortex that I am wanting to put through the paces and test out.

Please keep posting any suggestions, bug reports, etc. I will be keeping track of them, however, this Guide may not receive much attention for a bit while my focus is shifted to other projects.

#651 jessieca

jessieca

Prisoner

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:59 PM

I'm nobody and you don't need to hear it from me, but it is my hope that you're not stressed about it. Personally, I'm just so grateful that such an amazing resource such as STEP even exists and that the community is so active and helpful. Thank you so much for everything. I'm excited to see what v3.0 looks like!

#652 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,493 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

I'm not stressed. I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't been ignoring the postings here. There's more of a reason that I've not worked a lot on this Guide, but I can't speak to that just yet.

What I'm specifically working on, atm, is getting my setup for STEP v3.0 and mod authoring back up and running. After that, I'll be using this guide to test out Vortex. Plans after that testing will be to get back to the STEP v3.0 Guide. So it will probably be a while until I update this guide again. Pushing out v3.0 as quickly as possible is the priority right now over all my other projects.

#653 baronaatista

baronaatista

Jarl

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

Just as another note (don’t feel the need to respond) - Skysight Skins has long been my favorite male skin retexture, the only thing that prevented me from using it in the past was those very missing shoe meshes. Mod has the same problem in SSE, except that again user Shiva182 has provided FadingSignal with said meshes and they’re available under the optional files on the mods nexus page. Might be worth a look instead of Tempered Skins.

#654 eperdos

eperdos

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:14 AM

I curently install this settup on my main gaming rig, i54690, 16gb ram, gtx 1070, ssd. I follow the exact guidlines (so no extras).

But, I would also want to install this setup on my laptop (a lenovo legion) that has i5 7200hq,8 gbram, gtx 1050ti 4gb, ssd. How could i realize a similar setup, able to load saves from one system to the other, while maintaining playable fps on my laptop? Is there a guideline to follow for not over modding?

I hope I explained good enough my issue (eng not my main language).

TNX!

#655 Kneph13

Kneph13

Jarl

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

I curently install this settup on my main gaming rig, i54690, 16gb ram, gtx 1070, ssd. I follow the exact guidlines (so no extras).

But, I would also want to install this setup on my laptop (a lenovo legion) that has i5 7200hq,8 gbram, gtx 1050ti 4gb, ssd. How could i realize a similar setup, able to load saves from one system to the other, while maintaining playable fps on my laptop? Is there a guideline to follow for not over modding?

I hope I explained good enough my issue (eng not my main language).

TNX!

With your i5 and 8 gigs of ram and the 1050ti 4gb you should be able to run this set up at acceptable levels, but use 1gb graphics for the small stuff and 2gb for the large graphics mods.  Drop down from Ultra and run the game on High.  Should be smooth sailing.

#656 eperdos

eperdos

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

So 1k texture for small stuff and 2k texture for bigger stuff plus settings on high. Good. Thank you.

#657 spdstep

spdstep

Prisoner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

Awesome guide, thanks.

I am new to Mod Organiser so having to as newbie question about the 'Category Marker' instructions. It say..

"At this time, users should create the category marker for this section, drag it to the top of the mod list, and install the following mods. All mods in this section should be placed under the Resources marker, in the order they are listed."

I took this to mean create a new Category called Resources as I couldn't find anything about creating category markers.  

At the end of that section it says:

After this category is complete, the mod order in the left pane up to this time should be:
  • Resources
  • SKSE64
  • PapyrusUtil SE
  • Update.esm - Cleaned

But I don't have Resources in the Left Pane as it's own row, just as the category for SKSE64

Cheers,

Steve

#658 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

If you search the guide for "category markers", you'll see a section titled "Category Markers" that explains how to create the category markers. Basically these are empty mods that are used to group sets of mods into easier to find categories. In this case you would have an empty mod named "Resources" followed the the SKSE64, PapyrusUtils SE, and Update.esm - Cleaned mods.

The category markers are basically just optional organizational aids so you don't have to create them if you don't want to. I find them very useful so I use them in all my profiles.

#659 spdstep

spdstep

Prisoner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:29 AM

search the guide for "category markers",

Doh! I was concentrating so much on watching dirty weasel's vids on MO2 and googling [sigh]

Thanks so much 

#660 Chadric

Chadric

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:14 AM

@All

I apologize I haven't been around much. I recently shifted by focus more to STEP v3.0. Then not to long after that I had to wipe my drive and still haven't fully re-setup my system for modding. I also got a copy of Vortex that I am wanting to put through the paces and test out.

Please keep posting any suggestions, bug reports, etc. I will be keeping track of them, however, this Guide may not receive much attention for a bit while my focus is shifted to other projects.

Hello again, thank you for the thoughtful responses you provided last time I posted :). I've been playing through the game and I thought I would mention some minor issues and a couple of suggestions for the next time you revisit the guide.

After harvesting glowing mushrooms there are black spots visible on the remaining mushrooms. These images should illustrate what I mean: BEFORE AFTER.

In heavy snow storms (and possibly heavy rain as well but I haven't tested this) there aren't enough particles for the spell effects when you have your hands out with certain spells equipped. For example if you hold out your hands with the Flames spell equipped during heavy snow (such as when you go to Bleak Falls Barrow) the fire effect will only occasionally sputter. I cranked up my [Particles] iMaxDesired to 30000 in skyrimprefs. 6000(Guide recommended value) and 10000 was not enough, 30000 is probably overkill but I didn't want to spend too much time finding the supremum and so far I haven't come across any issues with setting it to 30000. I was surprised that I had to crank it up past 10000 since the STEP wiki suggested that was about the maximum, I suppose SSE is different?

The mod "Harvest Overhaul Redone" is missing the "Required by CR Patch" flag. Something I came across when trying to disable this mod and using your CR patch. Also the mod breaks Wisp Cores, this can be seen in SSEEdit HarvestOverhaul_Redone_Creatures.esp 0010EB2A wispCore: It calls a non-existent wispCoreScript_lyu script. The mod Author seems aware of this but from reading the pinned messages it seems he or she has health issues and is busy remaking the mod for v1.0. 

I've added a couple of non-guide mods, such as slowing down the dawnguard and dragonborn DLC triggers, but most of them are very minor. There is one mod however that I thought I should point out: Obsidian Mountain Fogs. Might be too much to be considered vanilla friendly but they give the mountains an epic look. Also, no matter how good of a job the mods included in your guide do at making the mountains look better; they can still sometimes look wonky from a distance and this mod definitely helps with that. Only has one minor conflict in SSEEdit with "Relighting Skyrim", which is the conflict loser. I haven't spent a lot of time to make sure it doesn't have bugs however, all I can say is that in my current play through at least I haven't had any issues.

I also tried "Tempered Skins for Females" after reading about it here. I still prefer True Daughters of Skyrim though as I feel that female NPCs with darker skin tones, such as the Imperial Captain during the vanilla intro and the blacksmith in Whiterun, Adrianna Avenici, look too light-skinned with Tempered skins. I didn't look at the feet seam improvements however. These mods don't have .esp's though so I still keep a "special" version of Tempered Skins in my MO2 for when I want something special when looting armour off dead female NPCs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

My final suggestion might be outside the scope of your guide but perhaps you could provide advice on Anti-Aliasing options as I had a hard time finding solid information on this topic for Skyrim SE. The problems I had with AA is that FXAA wasn't good enough and TAA added enough blur when in motion that it sometimes gave me mild motion sickness. After a lot of trial and error I managed to get a good compromise using TAA and adaptive sharpening with Re-Shade. There are still issues though. In particular I have shimmering in textures from a distance, especially on reflections on the water and other "wet" surfaces. They completely disappear when I disable all AA. The second are the flickering fences (I installed the less-flickering fences option with SMIM), which actually get worse with AA turned off, in contrast with the previous.

Hopefully these comments will help you continue to make the guide even better so future users can continue to enjoy it as I have.

Edited by Chadric, 11 February 2018 - 03:18 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users