• Please log in to reply
960 replies to this topic

#736 Chadric

Chadric

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:30 AM

On another note, I seem to have this bug where every time I click on "SAVE" or "LOAD" in the left column under the "SYSTEM" menu, I hear the snare drum sound three times in a row about one second apart from each other?  Anyone else experiencing this?

If I'm interpreting this correctly, then this happens when you have a lot of saves. The game will load up x amount of saves, make the menu sound and load the next x saves etc. I personally keep my saves to a minimum so this doesn't happen. I never bothered to properly figure out what causes this since I could "solve" it by simply not having dozens of saves.

EDIT: I also use achievement mods enabler.

Edited by Chadric, 21 February 2018 - 05:33 AM.

#737 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:10 AM

another issue I cannot duplicate....sigh

edit: Okay I just went back in game again, the snare drum thing kind of threw me off.  However, I get a loud thump when I hit continue or load game at the main menu.  When I go to system and hit save, I get a much lower single tap (snare drum?).  I get the single tap again when I select new save and it saves and exits. Is this what you are referring to?  If so, I'm pretty sure that is an enhanced  sound effect added by Lucidity.  It is not a bug.  There should not be three of them though.  In the left pane of mod organizer try loading skse64, papyrusutil, and Achievement Mods Enabler in that order above everything else, even the DLC's if you haven't already.

Definitely three sounds in a row...sometimes even four.  I unchecked all mods except for...

SKSE64

PapyrusUtil SE

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial SSE Patch

SkyUI_5_2_SE

Achievements Mod Enabler

As soon as I disable either SkyUI_5_2_SE or Achievements Mod Enabler, then the repeating sound stops.

#738 Kneph13

Kneph13

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:18 AM

Hmm, so maybe AME is triggering another mod to replicate the sound three times in a row.

Not to be daft, but what about your mouse and its sensitivity? When you click could it be replicating?  Just an offhand thought.  But if you did in fact track it to AME, check the comments section of that mod to see if anyone else has reported it and if not submit a bug report with images and your findings.

It also could be a bug between SkyUI and AME.  SkyUI 5.2 is technically an alpha also and there have been some reported bugs , SKSE64 has a few also (see their comments section) and AME and SkyUI may not be playing nicely for you or together.

Edited by Kneph13, 21 February 2018 - 06:24 AM.

#739 Kneph13

Kneph13

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

Not to be daft, but what about your mouse and its sensitivity? When you click could it be replicating?  Just an offhand thought.  But if you did in fact track it to AME, check the comments section of that mod to see if anyone else has reported it and if not submit a bug report with images and your findings.

It also could be a bug between SkyUI and AME.  SkyUI 5.2 is technically an alpha also and there have been some reported bugs , SKSE64 has a few also (see their comments section) and AME and SkyUI may not be playing nicely for you or together.

I do remember also that the dll injector version of AME caused problems for several people (not everyone).  Maybe this has carried over into the skse64 version.  Definitely worth researching further on SkyUI and AME comments/forum pages.

Edited by Kneph13, 21 February 2018 - 06:29 AM.

#740 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:42 AM

Not to be daft, but what about your mouse and its sensitivity? When you click could it be replicating?  Just an offhand thought. 

This is what I first thought before I realized what was really happening (before I started troubleshooting).

#741 Kneph13

Kneph13

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

This is what I first thought before I realized what was really happening (before I started troubleshooting).

Isn't modding Skyrim a thorn??? but I do love it so....you will end up modding more than you play like nearly everyone else here!  Welcome to Skyrim  *cheer*

#742 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

Isn't modding Skyrim a thorn??? but I do love it so....you will end up modding more than you play like nearly everyone else here!  Welcome to Skyrim  *cheer*

Yeah, I spent more time modding Oldrim than playing it.  I patiently waited for a guide on Skyrim SE and just discovered this one a week ago.  So now I get to do it all over again carrying over what I learned from modding Oldrim.

I do remember also that the dll injector version of AME caused problems for several people (not everyone).  Maybe this has carried over into the skse64 version.  Definitely worth researching further on SkyUI and AME comments/forum pages.

Someone on the SkyUI mod post page suggested that I try reordering Achievements Mods Enabler before Update.esm.  I will give this a try later on when I get home.

#743 Kneph13

Kneph13

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, I spent more time modding Oldrim than playing it.  I patiently waited for a guide on Skyrim SE and just discovered this one a week ago.  So now I get to do it all over again carrying over what I learned from modding Oldrim.

Someone on the SkyUI mod post page suggested that I try reordering Achievements Mods Enabler before Update.esm.  I will give this a try later on when I get home.

Bingo!  SkyUI comments section for the win if that works for you!  *applause*.  I did the same on patiently waiting on guide, but I've been on S.T.E.P. and it's forums since the beginning.  Carried over my Skyrim Classic knowlege as well (as limited as it may be) but S.T.E.P.,  Neovalen, Darth_Mathias, and DarkladyLexy and TechAngel85 have taught me the most of what I know.

#744 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:39 PM

Apparently it is a known bug in SKSE64.  It happens when there are too many save game files.  The current work around is to keep the number of save game files to a minimum (clean out or move the save game files to another directory before launching Skyrim) until SKSE64 is updated to address this bug.  Alternately, there is a script available, CleanLeftoverCosaves.js, written by cdcooley.

Edited by Kattmandu, 21 February 2018 - 03:45 PM.

#745 uncleseano

uncleseano

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

How many is too many?

#746 Chadric

Chadric

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

If I'm interpreting this correctly, then this happens when you have a lot of saves. The game will load up x amount of saves, make the menu sound and load the next x saves etc. I personally keep my saves to a minimum so this doesn't happen. I never bothered to properly figure out what causes this since I could "solve" it by simply not having dozens of saves.

EDIT: I also use achievement mods enabler.

How many is too many?

For me it is 11. After that when the game loads up your save files (when you want to save/load) the menu will seem to repeat itself once more. Presumably if you have 23 it will stutter twice more, if it continues linearly, and so on.

Edited by Chadric, 21 February 2018 - 04:39 PM.

#747 Kneph13

Kneph13

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

For me it is 11. After that when the game loads up your save files (when you want to save/load) the menu will seem to repeat itself once more. Presumably if you have 23 it will stutter twice more, if it continues linearly, and so on.

That explains why I haven't experienced it.  I'm anal and only keep my last 5.  If I want to keep earlier ones for a particular reason, I move them into a separate folder outside the game.

Edited by Kneph13, 21 February 2018 - 05:59 PM.

#748 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:12 PM

How many is too many?

I had 160 files in my "Saves" folder.  So only 80 savegames since there are two files for every save (one with .ess and one with .skse).  You can create a "Backup" folder in the "Saves" folder and toss all but the latest savegame in there.  Repeating menu sounds no more.

Edited by Kattmandu, 21 February 2018 - 06:17 PM.

#749 uncleseano

uncleseano

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

Odd...I have 280 files in my saves folder so that's 140 saves.

I've never got the problem you guys are talking about

#750 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

Odd...I have 280 files in my saves folder so that's 140 saves.

I've never got the problem you guys are talking about

Interesting!  Do you have SKSE64 (build 2.0.6), SkyUI_5_2_SE, and AchievementsModsEnabler_SKSE64?  Also, I think it has more to do with the number of saves you have for any given character.  I think you could have 140 saves total in the "Saves" folder but only 5 save games for the character you are playing and not hear the repeating menu sound (but I could be mistaken).

Edited by Kattmandu, 23 February 2018 - 05:17 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)