#781 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:41 AM

SRO works very well for these textures.

Are you planning to update the guide (when you have time of course) to use the Skyrim Realistic Overhaul mod instead of the currently used Real Wood Textures - Farmhouse mod for those textures?  I'll download SRO and try them out.

Seems the only place to find SRO for SE is on moddb.

Edited by Kattmandu, 12 March 2018 - 06:51 AM.

#782 Kneph13

Kneph13

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

A possible suggestion for the list...

The Book of UUNP Volumes 1 2 and 3 - UNP - Sevenbase - UNPB

Adds more armor variety; 263 to be exact in addition to the 32 vanilla armors (doesn't replace the vanilla armors).

Also, there is a patch available which removes armors that may be considered too skimpy (like a bikini) to make the mod more lore friendly.

I use this Kattmandu, just add it in no problems at all, gives a nice variety and you can chose between, sexy or super skimpy.

Are you planning to update the guide (when you have time of course) to use the Skyrim Realistic Overhaul mod instead of the currently used Real Wood Textures - Farmhouse mod for those textures?  I'll download SRO and try them out.

Seems the only place to find SRO for SE is on moddb.

That is correct, Kattmandu.  The author of SRO had a falling out with the Nexus.  I use SSE Optimized Textures and then put a self optimized SRO on top of it.  You can go one step further and put Noble Skyrim (full or light) on top of that.  It looks wonderful.

#783 Patanal

Patanal

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

Hello there, how do I clean my bashed patch? Do I erase 0010710D, 00E7AEB and 0002E4E4? I'm not an advanced xedit user... sorry for my ignorance but I can't easily find how in xedit guides.Attached File  mpt.PNG   277.2KB   4 downloads

#784 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:13 PM

Hello there, how do I clean my bashed patch? Do I erase 0010710D, 00E7AEB and 0002E4E4? I'm not an advanced xedit user... sorry for my ignorance but I can't easily find how in xedit guides.attachicon.gifmpt.PNG

I encourage you to read through some earlier posts on here as this question has been asked by others including myself.  However, do not delete those entries.  Instead you will need to forward (click and drag) the values from the mentioned .esm column onto the values under the bashed patch column.

#785 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:19 PM

That is correct, Kattmandu.  The author of SRO had a falling out with the Nexus.  I use SSE Optimized Textures and then put a self optimized SRO on top of it.  You can go one step further and put Noble Skyrim (full or light) on top of that.  It looks wonderful.

Do you use DDSopt or Optimizer Textures?  Is there a good guide you know of for optimizing textures?

Edit:  Looks like S.T.E.P. has a guide.  http://wiki.step-pro...om/Guide:DDSopt

Edited by Kattmandu, 13 March 2018 - 06:25 PM.

#786 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,508 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:08 PM

Just as a note, there's no real reason to be optimizing textures unless you are reducing the resolution of the files for performance reasons.

#787 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:19 PM

Just as a note, there's no real reason to be optimizing textures unless you are reducing the resolution of the files for performance reasons.

Well, I have 12GB VRAM on my graphics card so I personally probably don't need to optimize the textures.  It's fun reading through the DDSopt guide on STEP however and learning how to use the tool.

#788 Patanal

Patanal

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:33 PM

I encourage you to read through some earlier posts on here as this question has been asked by others including myself.  However, do not delete those entries.  Instead you will need to forward (click and drag) the values from the mentioned .esm column onto the values under the bashed patch column.

I read it. Is it as simple as draggin stuff from left to right columns?

#789 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

I read it. Is it as simple as draggin stuff from left to right columns?

I believe so.  That's what I did and it seemed to work for me.

#790 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:02 AM

SRO works very well for these textures.

It appears that I completely forgot that I had already installed SRO in accordance with the guide.  Unaware, I re-downloaded SRO, had fun learning how to optimize the textures, and when I tried to install it in MO2, I was informed that SRO was already installed.  LOL!  So I went back and looked at the guide and sure enough, it's in there along with a link to the DDSopt guide.

So, my original post regarding the wood textures was about Real Wood Textures - Farmhouses, an oldrim mod used in the guide.  And I now see that due to load order, it replaces the SRO textures.  I found Realistic Wood Effect on the SSE Nexus and thought it would be a good replacement for RWT-F especially since it doesn't include the two stonewall files that the guide hides after installing the mod.  But, alas, RWE doesn't have a "no moss" version.

In the end, I agree with you that the SRO wood farmhouse textures work well.  I ran the game three times to see the textures for all three mods and I like the SRO wood farmhouse textures the most.  Subtle differences but once you see them...wow!

#791 Patanal

Patanal

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:16 AM

I believe so.  That's what I did and it seemed to work for me.

Ty for answering <3
Sorry to bother you but this is my final question I promise! What happens if I don't see the bashed patch column, that means that 0010710D, 00E7AEB and 0002E4E4 aren't doing any conflict with the patch( I didn't install all the mods from the guide) then it should be alright from the get go right?

#792 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:10 AM

Ty for answering <3
Sorry to bother you but this is my final question I promise! What happens if I don't see the bashed patch column, that means that 0010710D, 00E7AEB and 0002E4E4 aren't doing any conflict with the patch( I didn't install all the mods from the guide) then it should be alright from the get go right?

Should be there.  Did you create a bashed patch?  And if so, was the box checked when you ran SSEEdit?

#793 Patanal

Patanal

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

Should be there.  Did you create a bashed patch?  And if so, was the box checked when you ran SSEEdit?

Oh I got it I was running sse edit without mo2. Sorry to bother have a nice day. Everything is working now

#794 james4832

james4832

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:58 PM

Hey @TechAngel85, just letting you know, myself and a few others have been getting CTDs during combat with moreHUD enabled - specifically when the enemy level option is enabled. I'm not entirely sure why this is, but my problem seems to be solved after changing that option.

Edited by james4832, 14 March 2018 - 11:58 PM.

#795 Kattmandu

Kattmandu

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:39 AM

Hey @TechAngel85, just letting you know, myself and a few others have been getting CTDs during combat with moreHUD enabled - specifically when the enemy level option is enabled. I'm not entirely sure why this is, but my problem seems to be solved after changing that option.

Just curious...does the game CTD if you have only the moreHUD plugin checked and the enemy level option enabled when you run the game?  Keeping SKSE64 enabled of course since moreHUD requires it.  It could be another mod that is ultimately causing the CTD.  But if you disable all other mods and the game still CTDs on you then it's got to be either moreHUD or SKSE64.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users