Skyrim SE

Tech's Skyrim Special Edition Guide

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#121 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:02 AM

Ultimate HD Fire Effects

Ultimate version still causes CTD.

I noticed some frame drops when using the starter flame spell at first.

Used the flame on a beehive hanging off a tree and got a CTD.

Flame atronach also cause a ctd on using their spells.

I disabled the following in MO2 and it no longing crashes.

\meshes\mps\mpsfirelgsmoke01.nif

&

\meshes\mps\mpsfiresmsmoke01

I've tested this in my game and have not recieved with CTDs while spawning multiple Flame Atronachs. Nor did I get any CTDs when roasting bees, beehives on trees, beehives from Golden Glow Estate, bushes, skeevers, Lydia, etc.

Be sure you are only using the version I specify in the instructions. For now, I'm closing this bug unless more reports come in.

#122 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

One note on Remove Small Rocks. For me it doesn’t work with Vanilla Vegetation Overhaul and Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover. According your guide the first mod should be overwritten by the other two (it's not, in fact), but even if you install RSR after VVO and VGG, there’s no effect. I had to make copies of the files from RSR and rename them to p_riverbedpebbles.nif, p_smallpebbles.nif and p_smallpebbles_snow.nif. Moved the mod below the other two and the nasty pebbles disappeared. ::):

Make sure you have the mods installed according the the instructions. I've verifed in my own game that Remove Small Rocks is, indeed, working correctly. Bug report closed.

#123 Verrenus

Verrenus

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

You should be able to use postimage. It is currently the recommended site to use to posting images to the forums and for using galleries on the wiki.

Awesome, here you go then!  ^_^

https://postimg.org/image/9yzzxph49/

Now, please also bear in mind that my monitor has been calibrated using a professional colorimeter to ensure colour and gamma accuracy, so I'm not sure if you guys will see exactly what I'm seeing, but do let me know what you think of that particular room. Given the number of lit candles, is the illumination level what you would expect?  :confusion:

Edited by Verrenus, 12 August 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#124 DonaldDuck

DonaldDuck

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

Awesome, here you go then!  ^_^

Now, please also bear in mind that my monitor has been calibrated using a professional colorimeter to ensure colour and gamma accuracy, so I'm not sure if you guys will see exactly what I'm seeing, but do let me know what you think of that particular room. Given the number of lit candles, is the illumination level what you would expect?  :confusion:

Picture in the same place from me. Although I do have Claralux loaded after which is probably helping some. Default settings for it.

https://postimg.org/image/o4uysbwm1/

Better Dynamic Snow has been updated and 2.4.1 is longer on the download page. The patch is merged into the main file.

For Embers HD, am I supposed to install the esp or not?

Edited by DonaldDuck, 12 August 2017 - 03:50 PM.

#125 Verrenus

Verrenus

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

Picture in the same place from me. Although I do have Claralux loaded after which is probably helping some. Default settings for it.

Thank you very much for your input!

In your case, Claralux appears to only change the candlelight texture to a larger, brighter one, but the room still remains dark due to how the engine handles lighting. A real-life room of similar dimensions and harbouring the same number of lit candles would definitely be much, much brighter than this.

This is the reason why I don't believe ELE's tweaks are always for the better, but thankfully these exceptions are quite few and far between. After playing with Relighting Skyrim and ELE for quite a few hours, I'm convinced that I could never go back to the vanilla lighting, but I still believe a refinement pass is needed for these extra-dark interiors modified by ELE.

Edited by Verrenus, 12 August 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#126 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:02 PM

Better Dynamic Snow has been updated and 2.4.1 is longer on the download page. The patch is merged into the main file.

For Embers HD, am I supposed to install the esp or not?

http://wiki.step-pro..._Guide/DevNotes

I have the plugin from Embers HD installed without issue. It doesn't contain of the new records from SSE, so it should be fine to use.

Awesome, here you go then! ^_^

Now, please also bear in mind that my monitor has been calibrated using a professional colorimeter to ensure colour and gamma accuracy, so I'm not sure if you guys will see exactly what I'm seeing, but do let me know what you think of that particular room. Given the number of lit candles, is the illumination level what you would expect? :confusion:

Thank you very much for your input!

In your case, Claralux appears to only change the candlelight texture to a larger, brighter one, but the room still remains dark due to how the engine handles lighting. A real-life room of similar dimensions and harbouring the same number of lit candles would definitely be much, much brighter than this.

This is the reason why I don't believe ELE's tweaks are always for the better, but thankfully these exceptions are quite few and far between. After playing with Relighting Skyrim and ELE for quite a few hours, I'm convinced that I could never go back to the vanilla lighting, but I still believe a refinement pass is needed for these extra-dark interiors modified by ELE.

This is not ELE's fault. In the image you posted there is no lightbulb or it has been disabled. Candles, fires, lanterns, etc. themselves do not produce light. They're just objects in the game. A lightbulb has to be placed in the CK for light to appear. So anywhere you have a light source actually producing light, it's because a lightbulb has been placed at the source. The image you posted is clearly missing a lightbulb or simply needs one placed. This would be in the realm for RS to fix, not ELE.

#127 Verrenus

Verrenus

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

This is not ELE's fault. In the image you posted there is no lightbulb or it has been disabled. Candles, fires, lanterns, etc. themselves do not produce light. They're just objects in the game. A lightbulb has to be placed in the CK for light to appear. So anywhere you have a light source actually producing light, it's because a lightbulb has been placed at the source. The image you posted is clearly missing a lightbulb or simply needs one placed. This would be in the realm for RS to fix, not ELE.

Reading your explanation just made me realise that, indeed, the problem in this case is not ELE (which correctly darkens an underground place such as a dungeon), but rather the absence of a true light emitter, which in this case would be a CK-placed lightbulb! Ugh, the Creation Engine and its annoying quirks...  :pinch:

Since this is something outside the bounds of a simple xEdit tweak, I will be on the lookout for a new update of Relighting Skyrim SE from JawZ. By the way, Tech, do you have any idea what Relighting Skyrim Remastered is all about? :blink:

Edited by Verrenus, 12 August 2017 - 05:17 PM.

#128 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

By the way, Tech, do you have any idea what Relighting Skyrim Remastered is all about? :blink:

Relighting Skyrim Remastered is a remastering of the mod from scratch. The entire mod is being rebuilt from the ground up and being enhanced with new options via naming conventions and scripts. This would essentially make customization much easier. One of the goals is an MCM menu to change settings similar to how Vivid Weathers allows users to change some lighting settings. It would compass every light in the game, but also add some additional effects to enhance the overall atmosphere.

I was originally on the team and had completed pretty much all the farmhouses in the game, but JawZ want to do some updates after SSE was released and I haven't heard from him since. So he either hasn't done much work on the project or has been working on it on his own. This type of work can be done by just about anyone that has experience with the CK, but having the "eye" for author's vision is the kicker in group projects. The design has to be kept consist throughout, else you'll end up with too many variations. Imo, there wasn't enough foundational structure for the RSR team to function well. I was excited to help with the project and do hope JawZ returns to it some day.

#129 Snowden42

Snowden42

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

It turns out Apophysis Dragon Masks has been ported (and optimized) for SSE, and I personally think they look quite a lot better than the recommended retexture: http://www.nexusmods...tion/mods/5800/

Edit: Seems there might be incompatibility with Improved closed face helmets. I'll test and see.

Edited by Snowden42, 12 August 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#130 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

It turns out Apophysis Dragon Masks has been ported (and optimized) for SSE, and I personally think they look quite a lot better than the recommended retexture: http://www.nexusmods...tion/mods/5800/

Edit: Seems there might be incompatibility with Improved closed face helmets. I'll test and see.

You can install those if you like, but they're a bit too far from the vanilla style to be included in this guide.

#131 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:53 PM

I've updated the guide today:

• Adjusted walking speeds via the CR Patch. This increases all walking speeds to more natural levels. The player will be faster when walking. This was solely done for immersion because the walking speed while inside interiors was annoyingly slow. The new speeds are much better. Specifically the following was tweaked: default, 1hand weapon drawn, 2hand weapon drawn, bow equipped, bow drawn, magic, and sneak. I may look into the rest of the speeds (running and sprinting) later.
  • Added 1st Person Candlelight Fix to Game Fixes.
  • Added Alternate Start - Live Another Life to Gameplay. This was a result of the poll and the reason I was asking for the feedback. Out of all the users, the overwhelming majority were returning users who've played Skyrim before. Therefore, this mod was added to give users an alternative way to start the game without having to go through the intro they've seen and played a dozen times; probably more.
  • Updated Better Dynamic Snow SE mod instructions.
  • Updated all patches to account for new mods.
  • New LOOT rule added for CR Patch and Weather Patch. Be sure to install the updated patches!
  • Moved the Bashed Patch section above DynDOLOD section. Users should rebuild their Bashed Patches.
  • Users will want to update their DynDOLOD installs. I've added a couple extra steps to the end of the instructions.

It's probably best to simply redo the entire end of the guide, besides BethINI. In a nutshell, users should:

1. Install new mods
  2. Ensure BDS is installed correctly
  3. Nuke DynDOLOD
  4. Install the new patches
  5. LOOT it (add new rules before sorting!)
  6. Bash it
  7. Install DynDOLOD fresh
  8. LOOT it again
  9. Bash it again
  10. Done

#132 Snowden42

Snowden42

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

You can install those if you like, but they're a bit too far from the vanilla style to be included in this guide.

Fair enough, on a side note the guide mentions incompatibility between SSE Fixes and ELFX/RLO. What exactly is the problem there? I've used ELFX and SSE Fixes together with no apparent issue myself, and I didn't see any bugs listed on the SSE Fixes page regarding that.

#133 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

Fair enough, on a side note the guide mentions incompatibility between SSE Fixes and ELFX/RLO. What exactly is the problem there? I've used ELFX and SSE Fixes together with no apparent issue myself, and I didn't see any bugs listed on the SSE Fixes page regarding that.

That was a copy and paste error. I've removed it. ^_^

#134 AmeerHM

AmeerHM

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

I was getting issues with the meshes added by FemFeet Redesigned. They'd flicker and some just wouldn't show up altogether (footwraps)!

Did some reading and ran the meshes through a tool called SSE Nif Optimizer and it sorted out ALL of my experienced issues. 

I know that modifying mods after download doesn't really fit into the groove and ethos of this guide, but JUST IN CASE anyone else wanted a fix, here it is!

http://www.nexusmods.../?id=4089&pUp=1

#135 Snowden42

Snowden42

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

Does anyone have any idea which of these mods tend to cost the most in terms of FPS? I'm running a 980 at 1440p, and just on a whim disabled SRO but it doesn't seem to impact my FPS too significantly. I'm running right around 50-55, with some dips, and never really expected silky smooth 60 FPS, but I am getting some frustrating microstutter (particularly when turning), and was hoping I could tweak some of the mods in the list.

Also, can't leave here without throwing in a suggestion. This might break from Vanilla too much, but I feel it adds quite a lot of missing realism to the Whiterun region: http://www.nexusmods...on/mods/11343/?

Just turns it into a boreal forest (which, to be honest, it really should be--that's the real-world analogue for the region, and this mod was inspired by real-world images). Makes the region quite pretty.

Edited by Snowden42, 13 August 2017 - 11:39 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users