Jump to content


Photo

Wrye Bash insists on localization

localization bashed

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Orion_Guardian

Orion_Guardian

    Prisoner

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:00 PM

Interesting issue I ran into which I did not see answered on a quick search:

I am german, so my Windows Language setting was german.

 

I installed Skyrim, as I do with all games, in english and everything worked fine. Ini says "english" and the normal Skyrim menus are all in english, so is the Voiceover

 

Afterwards I installed STEP Extended, when trying to create the bashed patch Wrye Bash tells mit Update.ESM is missing localization strings. I reserached that and found a solution: I renamed the Files in "Strings" from "English" to "German".

Running Skyrim has issues though at least SkyUI (MCM) insists on giving his menus in german. And thus I wondered: Where does Wrye Bash get the idea that my string files should be named "German" anyway? Troubleshooting included setting my whole system language to english, reinstalling WryeBash after a complete uninstall, still the same.


Using WryBash on the clean Skyrim (without MOd Organizer) does not have the issue. Mod Organizer is set to english as well though and there had been no issue there.


 


Edited by Orion_Guardian, 24 July 2017 - 01:00 PM.

  • 0

#2 Megasder

Megasder

    Prisoner

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:37 AM

I have the exact same problem, when i played with my native language all good, but then i changed to english and update.esm miss string files, did you fix it?


  • 0

#3 Helidoc

Helidoc

    Prisoner

  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:19 AM

For SSE https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/4505/ For Legendary https://www.nexusmod...rim/mods/82578/ Do NOT mix the two


  • 0

#4 Megasder

Megasder

    Prisoner

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:50 AM

We have the strings, the thing is wrye bash is not detecting the english strings for "update.esm", for me for example i need to change "Update_English.DLSTRINGS" to "Update_Spanish.DLSTRINGS" and the others so update.esm is not in red in wrye bash, but doing so some menus are in that language, its like some file of wrye bash is detecting that he needs "Spanish" instead of "English" for update (and yes, i changed every ini file to be in english), because with the skyrim.esm and the other dlc i dont have any problem 


  • 0

#5 Helidoc

Helidoc

    Prisoner

  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:24 PM

That's odd, last I knew WB searched for strings in this order.

Look for loose files, if found, use those

Look for a BSA named the same as the plugin. If the BSA exists and contains the files, use those

Look at every BSA listed in Skyrim.ini, if the strings are found there use those. These are searched in reverse order that they are listed.

 

Other than that sLanguage= in the Skyrim.ini may be set to Spanish.


  • 0

#6 Helidoc

Helidoc

    Prisoner

  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

Just as an addendum to my above post https://wrye-bash.gi...l#international other than that I'm out of ideas.


  • 0


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users