Lucidity Sound FX - Skyrim Freezing on Launch

LeftyPistolero

Question

Hello, I am a new STEP user and I have been attempting to build my STEP according to the guide for a few days now. I seem to have run into an issue I don't know how to fix.

I've been testing the STEP: Extended build as I move down the page and get more mods, keeping an eye out for potential issues. As soon as I download and install Lucidity Sound FX into my modlist (I'm using Mod Organizer), the game refuses to launch. I've done the entire STEP build once already and encountered this exact issue then as well. I traced it back to the Lucidity mod, and started from scratch fearing that I'd done something wrong.

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? 

(My apologies if this post was created in the wrong location.)

I've done all that, but I did it again to be sure. No change.

I think I'll fully uninstall SKSE then reinstall it, and possibly Mod Organizer. I really don't want to have to rebuild everything a third time but at this point it may be the only option I have.

Before doing that, I would go into your Skyrim directory and remove all the files and folders; only leaving the Data, MO, Mopy, and tools folders (if applicable). Then verify your cache using Steam. Finally, reinstall ENBoost and SKSE one last time. Leave SSME out. Then try to load the game using MO.

This process will completely clean the root directory and allow you to start fresh. It's worked for me when ENB's files were causing some issues.

OMG... I think I've found it! We've been chasing our tails over nothing here. It was an overlay program called "Overwolf" that came with a TeamSpeak client. I installed it so I could see who was talking during team chat for games... and apparently this and other programs like it crash ENBHost as they initialize with the game.

I was testing out the injector version when I read this page

Still doing some testing as I weave intricate quilts of profanity.