odd issue with ini files.

Monobloc

Question

Hi everyone, I recently installed a dual boot with windows 7 to be able to use all the vram I could since I had issues because of that on windows 10.

I installed drivers etc, everything and launched MO, checked every path in order to have skyrim recognized the game works fines.

But for some reason the inis are not taking in account any modifications (I checked in the profile folder to be sure).

I'm not sure where the game is using his ini settings right now, but when I make changes to the ones from the profile I get nothing out of it.

For example disabling the floatpointrenderer, and I get no message from the enb.

I tried changing any ini from the my documents folder without success, and other profiles too.

If anyone has any idea of what's happening it would be great. Thanks for any help you can provide.

4 answers to this question

Mod Organizer uses the version of the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini files in the Mod Organizer\profiles\currentprofile folder (where currentprofile is whichever profile is being used). The enblocal.ini file is in the Skyrim folder and does not change between profiles. By the way, did you use Bethini to setup the ini files?

How are you determining this an INI issue, or for that matter an MO issue?

If you're dual-booting then the only real difference will be with the graphics card's settings and you should examine the driver software for your card in both OSes.