Photo

Cleaned Update ESM includes Update, Dawnguard, Hearthfires, and Dragonborn.esm how do I separate the esms from this mod?

help question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfgaig

Wolfgaig

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

​Hello I made a big mistake on not backing up my esms during cleaning and I used "verify integrity of game files" to gain the esms back. After this I followed the first case in using the ​Overwrite​ in Mod Organizer and deleted the TES5Edit backups but instead of having Cleaned Update ESM, Cleaned Dawnguard ESM, etc. I only have the Cleaned Update ESM that I've dragged to the top. This overwrite contains all the mentioned esms because I cleaned all the esms beforehand and didn't use the overwrite procedure until afterwards. Please tell me how I can amend this. If there is something I've not been clear on or if you'd like more details please ask away. Thank You.

#2 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:47 AM

Open the 'mods' folder in Explorer and create 3 new folders for the other DLC, ie. : Cleaned Dawnguard, Cleaned Hearthfires & Cleaned Dragonborn.

Now open the existing Cleaned Update mod and drag/drop each ESM into its own folder.

This will mean there are now 4 "Cleaned" versions in separate folders (mods in MO's left pane) which you can order and activate as per normal.

#3 Wolfgaig

Wolfgaig

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:18 AM

Thank you for the quick feedback. The Cleaned Update folder also includes a meta.ini document. Should I leave this as is?

#4 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:23 AM

Yeah, MO should create new ones when you start it again with the new mods folders. It's an internal file that MO uses to describe what that mod contains.

#5 Wolfgaig

Wolfgaig

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:27 AM

I've checked the new folders but they don't have a meta.ini

#6 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

You can do 2 things:

1. manually create the new meta.ini files by using the existing one as a template
  2. don't worry about them

You game won't break by doing either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users