SRLE - not listed in the STEP Packs list

Ok, so I found the perma pack https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Perkus_Maximus_(PerMa_-_PaMa)_Pack, which told me to do the SRLE pack, but the SRLE pack isn't listed on the STEP Packs list page when you finish setting up STEP.

Is SRLE not officially supported?

Also, SRLE doesn't mention the base STEP install.  Does this mean I am not supposed to use all the STEP mods I just spent three days setting up?

SRLE is technically not "offically" a STEP Pack it is own modding guide in it's own right and thus does not use STEP as it's base it is however hosted by them.

That being said SRLE is widely accepted as an excellent guide. Be warned if you chose SRLE the base SRLE guide hasn't been updated in over a year. Perma is also a massive pain the ass to conflict resolve with SRLE.

If you are looking for a more up to date guide that uses SRLE I would recommend SRLE: Legacy of the Dragonborn. https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn

(Yes a bit of shameless promotion there) it is still active and current.

SRLE is technically not "offically" a STEP Pack it is own modding guide in it's own right and thus does not use STEP as it's base it is however hosted by them.

That being said SRLE is widely accepted as an excellent guide. Be warned if you chose SRLE the base SRLE guide hasn't been updated in over a year. Perma is also a massive pain the ass to conflict resolve with SRLE.

If you are looking for a more up to date guide that uses SRLE I would recommend SRLE: Legacy of the Dragonborn. https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn

(Yes a bit of shameless promotion there) it is still active and current.

I disagree: this is none "shameless promotion there", dear DarkladyLexy, you are just saving him a lot of troubles in the next future, period. :P

sweetaction: Im a past user of STEP and SRLE guides, but an actual of SRLE Legacy of the Dragonborn. The two first are awesome, but the last one is just incredible. Very little issues, all of them minor and not game breaking, updated as much as is possible, with a good difficulty level for setup. The gameplay and the graphic are outstanding. On top of this full guide, I installed at least 100 mods more, for my own like, and are working almost flawless. 

Just a warning: as with the other two guides mentioned here, it will require a lot of learning curve and you will do it wrong many times, Skyrim is a complex beast to tame, and expecting a guide with the complexity of this one being an easy task is not realistic, just saying. On the other hand, I HAVE never found any other guide anywhere else on the internet with the level of deepnest this one (and the others two as well).

Kudos.

Edited by Electronauta

really ? no  other guides ?  ^_^

Well yes there is this other little guide you might consider trying:

SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Paul666root/SRLE_LOTD_Reqtified

This uses Reqium as it skills mod of choice while the other uses Ordinator.

However if you are want to go the SSE route I would suggest looking at:

Tech's Skyrim Special Edition Guide https://wiki.step-project.com/User:TechAngel85/SSE_Guide

Dread's SSE Packs https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/SSE_packs

Personally if I was looking to start a new modding session I would now seriously consider SSE over Oldrim.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

so my little mission started here because I used to use step and decided to upgrade it for better AI/quests and maybe a tweak to the cities, and found the packs. I was having a HORRIBLE time with my old step install, trying to get it so that I could run the skill/passive/mechanics overhauls and the city overhauls I wanted.

Basically I want to play through skyrim again but with fully modded cities, NPC UI and passives.  I was trying to use Ordinator before I stumbled on the guide I linked before which suggests also using wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide which appears to do a lot of the city mods I was looking at.

Basically, which of these guides would give me skill overhaul (don't care which one as long as it is good) as well as a good overhaul of the cities?  I was looking at my old ETAC/JK's combo from my last play through but it doesn't appear to be working anymore.

im getting errors when trying to check out the Keeps giving me:

Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Guessing the site is still having issues. Since I can't review the mod list, any discussion or info on the city mods used/ compatibility with city mods or the mods that add extra towns would be great.  Also curious about if it uses the AI overhaul in the Pack you suggested.

So I finally got the page to load and got to look through the pack. I am VERY excited about the pack. Really excited this mod pack has all the AI mods I was looking for such as Immersive Patrols, Immersive Citizens, Organized Bandits etc. Interesting vivid weathers instead of climates of tamriel.  (looking forward to trying it)

Only question I have is regarding town overhauls. It looks like this mod list basically just uses Arthmoor's Villages. I haven't used Arthmoor's stuff for a VERY long time but last time looked at it they were pretty basic. Maybe this has changed but I am curious if any of the major town overhauls were not included why or if any of them would be compatible with the pack list? This is a list of the mods I was looking for:

better docks?
ETAC?
JK's Skyrim?
Dawn of Skyrim?
Holds The City Overhaul?
Sky City Markarth Rising?
Solitude Reborn?

Smaller cities/ new towns or inns on roads?
Castle Volkihar Rebuilt?
Shezrie's Old Hroldan Town?
Any inn modifications? (such as the bosmeric drunken huntsman)?
Any mods that create new inns on road ways?
Shor's Stone?
Legendary Cities - Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress?

As far as gameplay mods, I really like stealth overhauls or things like the Sneak tools mod.  Anyone know if those would be compatible with this pack?

Edited by sweetaction

the problem with using all of those mods is trying to maintain compatbility with ICAIO. You will need to do you own extensive CR work and even CK Work to get it all to behave together.

By the sound of is you would be better going with a STEP Extended + REGS Install https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide This REGS guide is now back in active deleveopment.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

the problem with using all of those mods is trying to maintain compatbility with ICAIO. You will need to do you own extensive CR work and even CK Work to get it all to behave together.

By the sound of is you would be better going with a STEP Extended + REGS Install https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide This REGS guide is now back in active deleveopment.

I don't necessarily need all of the city mods I mentioned just looking for some of them to be used since Arthmoor's Villages doesn't change any of the major cities. 

the step page for REGS said:

REGS has limited compatibility with the following compliations:

• SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn
    1. SRLE Extended LOTD uses Arthmoor Villages mods for town and village enhancements while REGS primarily uses Expanded Towns and Villages and variants of JK's Skyrim for these enhancements.
    2. SRLE Extended LOTD uses Enhanced Lighting and FX as its primary lighting mod while REGS assumes Enhanced Lighting for ENB-LITE and Relighting Skyrim from STEP are used. REGS does not include the compatibility patches needed for ELFX and mods; SRLE Extended LOTD includes these patch plugins for many of the REGS and STEP mods, and the SRLE Extended LOTD compatability patches Subguide includes a large set of ELFX patch records, although it is hasn't been updated in a few months. These can be used if desired to make REGS much more compatible with ELFX.
    3. REGS, like STEP, does not include an ENB and does not add parallax textures used by ENBs. SRLE Extended LOTD includes these for those using ENBs.
    4. This guide assumes Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim is used, unlike REGS

Can I use the cities portion of the explorers guide dropping Arthmoor's Villages and then use the SRLE legacy of dragon born for the rest/base?

So would I use REGS or SRLE LOTD for the lighting?

I am assuming the ENB would not be an issue?

I am assuming since I want to use Ordinator the lack of it's use in REGS is not a problem?

I don't mind getting into compatibility testing for one or two mods once I have a good base set up but right now I am just looking to get a good base setup with some of these towns.

In short, can I just follow the SRLE LOTD guide, copy the profile and just add the REGS mods that are not in SRLE?

i must be honest I can't say with 100% certainly but I can't see why not just be careful when it comes to compatbility with ICAIO. You should able to add ordinator without issue.

You can use ELFX with REGS but you will need to do your CR work.

I have never done a full SRLE Extended LOTD + REGS build and I am unware of anyone atempting it (properly due to REGS Being Inactive a long time and only recently starting back up).

that being said it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Originally REGS was compatible with SRLE, but in the recent updates this wasn't addressed since following this guide different city and town mods are used. I use a lot of the mods in this LOTD guide myself, along with the location mods in REGS. The REGS guide doesn't cover lighting patches (except for one change to Relihting Skyrim). You can use the lighting changes in this guide instead. If you leave out most of Arthmoors village mods that conflict with REGS there shouldn't be a lot of issues except perhaps with some patches from this guide; I haven't looked at this myself yet; it might not be very difficult. Nightingale Hall Redone mod might need to be removed from the list.

You can do the merges the way this guide does them that includes the main esp; just make sure to include the right sets of location-based patches.

i must be honest I can't say with 100% certainly but I can't see why not just be careful when it comes to compatbility with ICAIO. You should able to add ordinator without issue.

You can use ELFX with REGS but you will need to do your CR work.

I have never done a full SRLE Extended LOTD + REGS build and I am unware of anyone atempting it (properly due to REGS Being Inactive a long time and only recently starting back up).

that being said it doesn't mean it can't be done.

What do you mean by CR work?

Originally REGS was compatible with SRLE, but in the recent updates this wasn't addressed since following this guide different city and town mods are used. I use a lot of the mods in this LOTD guide myself, along with the location mods in REGS. The REGS guide doesn't cover lighting patches (except for one change to Relihting Skyrim). You can use the lighting changes in this guide instead. If you leave out most of Arthmoors village mods that conflict with REGS there shouldn't be a lot of issues except perhaps with some patches from this guide; I haven't looked at this myself yet; it might not be very difficult. Nightingale Hall Redone mod might need to be removed from the list.

You can do the merges the way this guide does them that includes the main esp; just make sure to include the right sets of location-based patches.

Does leaving out the arthmoors village mods cause the patches from SRLE to fail/ cause problems?

Regarding REGS, I see a number of mods in REGS have patches for Wyrmstooth.  It appears Wyrmstooth is no longer available anywhere and I removed the version I had from a few years ago.  Any idea how I can re-download it?

Wyrmstooh isn't available at any reputable site unfortunately. Hopefully sometime The Nexus convinces the author to allow them to reinstate it as they have done for some other mods where the author no longer maintains the mod.

CR is conflict resolution.

I'll need to look when I'm home to answer your other question

Replacing some of the location mods in SRLE LOTD with some mods in REGS (e.g., replacing some of the Arthmoor Village mods with Expanded Towns and Cities) or adding some REGS location mods not in SRLE LOTD (e.g., the city mods) shouldn't require a lot of work in Conflict Resolution. This requires a little expertise with xEdit to look at the conflict resolution patches. Some of the Merges in SRLE LOTD (e.g., Blowing in the Wind, No Snow Under the Roof, Farmhouse Chimneys) would need to be redone to use some different location-mod-related patches.

The locations affected by REGS mods, including the location mods being reviewed and considered, can be seen here.