Stuttering in the open world

kechlion

Question

When in the open world just running around, I get some serious stuttering issues that appear to happen when a new cell loads. My FPS drops from rock solid 60 to as low as 20 on a cell load. I have double checked and I believe all of my settings are as recommended in the STEP Core guide. The mods I have installed are STEP Core with recommended texture qualities and additionally Ordinator, Wearable Lanterns, Rich Merchants, Grimy Plugin, SkyTweak, Weightless Ingrediants, 3DNPC, and Smart cast. My system specs are as follows: 

i7-5930k

Win 10 pro

16GB Ram

nVidia Titan X

Mods and Skyrim installed on two Samsung 850 Pros in a Raid 0.

I am running between the exit of Helgen caves and the Mill that's to the... west of it? Just running along the road. This is basically a new game.

I have changed enblocal to do windowed borderless (and not) and I have attempted to increase and decrease ReservedMemorySizeMb with no appreciable results. I'm attaching a screenshot of performance monitor with 512MB reserved memory.

My enblocal.ini is also attached.

Any help is greatly appreciated. My primary goal is to run skyrim at a rock solid 60 fps at all times. Huge performance swings really grate on me.

Thanks!

post-6114-0-00825000-1502227776_thumb.jpeg

enblocal.ini

So, sure enough, all the mods disabled and ENB turned off and it still stutters just as bad, well, it stutters but not by 10-20 frames. That's a thing that I do not remember from the last time I had it installed, but what do I know. I guess there's no problem with STEP, just my install even though this should run perfectly.

I had played Special Edition for a while and it does run very smoothly, however the problem with it is, of course, no script extender.

Aside from just being SOL are there any suggestions? Just try a reinstall? Or give it up?

post-6114-0-33910300-1502762838_thumb.jpg

Go through the STEP guide for "Display and Video Card Settings" again, and double check your settings.

Go onto reddit Skyrim and Skyrimmods and search for 'stutter'.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods

Lots of people mention stutter problems, it's a common problem.

Read the stutter advice threads, make a list of all the suggested (good and bad) solutions, then try them out one at a time ...

Edited by kabepo

I made sure to follow the Display and Video Card settings guide, but I did double check. To my knowledge everything is set as it should be. I also completely removed and reinstalled my Nvidia drivers. 

I've looked around those subreddits and Nexus and other places and, while I've tried a lot of changes to ini files and the like, so far nothing has actually fixed it. Sure, playing completely vanilla Skyrim reduces the severity of the stutter but it does not actually fix the problem. It's weird but it's not a problem I had during my original playthrough of Skyrim or any of the many replays until now.

While it's not solved, I suppose my next plan is to wait until the Fall Creator's Update because that's supposed to address some issues with DX9. I hope that fixes it.

I fought this same problem a long time. What worked for me: downgrade from Win 10 to Win 7, use Crash Fixes instead of ENBBoost, turn off hyper threading, over clock my CPU to 4.8, reduce the graphic load (less grass, lower res mod options, etc.). The stumble never goes away entirely but is reduced to the point where it is barely noticeable and not immersion breaking... OR SO I THOUGHT, until I started playing Skyrim SE, since then it is hard to go back to my Skyrim game without wincing.