MO Not Loading My Mods?

Kopacetic

Question

I have read some of the threads related to my issue in the STEP forum, and none seems to be the solution to my problem.

Before the issue happened, I was having another issue with my game crashing to desktop after the bethesda logo. One of the thread I have read suggested I should revert the Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPref.ini in my MO profile to the original (located in the Documents folder). When I did so, the game did not crashed....

... which leads us to the current issue...

... now when I launch SKSE via Mod Organizer, the game did not load the mods. I know this because I noticed that the Mod Configuration menu was blank, and all the meshes and textures were vanilla (looking at the barrels and ropes). SKSE and ENBoost was active though.

I don't know what the problem is. Some of the threads suggested looking at my ModOrganizer.ini file, and see if the location for the mod folder was correct, which it is.

If you need more information, I am happy to provide them. I'm so close to running this game.

7 answers to this question

Okay, this might sound weird.... but I found the solution....

So when I had this issue, I was on the Windows 10 Insider program, and was using the Insider build. I decided to go back to the latest public build, and now my mods are loaded.

So yeah.... I don't know.

Follow the steps in the 'tricky software' link in my signature about disabling the game bar in your Windows install and let us know if that is the culprit.

From all the reports so far this seems to be the reason for the issue. I do not have this option in my heavily modified Windows install so I cannot see the problem firsthand.

I have read some of the threads related to my issue in the STEP forum, and none seems to be the solution to my problem.

Before the issue happened, I was having another issue with my game crashing to desktop after the bethesda logo. One of the thread I have read suggested I should revert the Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPref.ini in my MO profile to the original (located in the Documents folder). When I did so, the game did not crashed....

... which leads us to the current issue...

... now when I launch SKSE via Mod Organizer, the game did not load the mods. I know this because I noticed that the Mod Configuration menu was blank, and all the meshes and textures were vanilla (looking at the barrels and ropes). SKSE and ENBoost was active though.

I don't know what the problem is. Some of the threads suggested looking at my ModOrganizer.ini file, and see if the location for the mod folder was correct, which it is.

If you need more information, I am happy to provide them. I'm so close to running this game.

WOW! This is my issue exactly! I am having the exact same issue

I all of the sudden started CTD out of nowhere. I have 300+ mods and I was disabling them one by one while looking for help via Nexus. It stopped crashing once I removed a set of mods (lore-worthy mods. Apparently if I had more than 3 of them installed, it crashed my game at the logo) —All was right with the world for a few hours when all of the sudden when I loaded a Save (via MO) and all my meshes and textures are vanilla.

Side Note: I noticed was when I load saves Mod Configuration Menu MCM gives me notifications that mods are being loaded in the upper left of the screen. I thought this was curious because I’ve only seen this happen a long time ago when I first started my play-through and I have never see it happen after.

Things I’ve tried so far:

I've uninstalled and re-installed MO

Disabled and re-enabled my mods, plugins, etc. in an attempt to get things working again.

I'm using MO 1.3.11 from Nexus. WIndows build 1699.64 I was previously on the Windows 10 Insider’s Program to get the 10/17/2017 VRAM fix update early, but I immediately quit the program once I got that update.

WTH is going on...?! I feel like I just can't catch a break here.