DynDOLOD Error: Load Order messed up

Ardellian

Question

I've been experiencing an error in DynDOLOD SSE and idk how to solve the issue. It kept saying an error whenever I start it. I tried adding -sse in the arguments and in the shortcuts. Nothing worked so I'm hoping that someone could help me find out why it's not working. Btw I'm using MO2 and Wyre Bash.

Here's the error that is in multiple spots in the DynDOLOD logs:

Error: Load order messed up! Tried to find a file id higher than files loaded. 0 > -1. Try generating tree LOD for this load order. Stopping script.

Exception in unit userscript line 466: Error: Load order messed up! Tried to find a file id higher than files loaded. 0 > -1. Try generating tree LOD for this load order. Stopping script.

Here's what keeps popping up when I run DynDOLOD and i always had to click ok a lot:

Access violation at address 0000000000417d4f in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFF80393980 (the numbers at the end here are always changing for each ok).

Edited by Ardellian

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Check the load order for errors in xEdit and fix what is possible.

Then post the log from xEdit loading ..\xEdit\SSEEdit_log.txt without error and DynDOLOD loading ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt with error so we can compare

Edited by sheson

Replace ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD Worlds.pas from the test with this version

See if it gets any further at all and prints a list of plugins to the log and may even start the options window. It will most likely crash later, see how far it can get.

Let me know the error message and especially the line # of "Exception in unit xxx line" xxx may be probably "userscript" but could be something else.

Edited by sheson

The error message is Error: Load order messed up! Tried to find a file id higher than files loaded. 0>-1. Try generating tree LOD for this load order. Stopping script.

And the userscript line was Exception in unit userscript line 458

Edited by Ardellian

This error still has me scratching my head a bit. I will need to put together another test version with some more updates included for you to try. I hope to do it in the next couple days.

If you have time and want to try test a few things in the meantime.

Start DynDOLOD while holding the shift key, so all settings reset. Alternatively delete c:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_settings.ini

Make a new MO2 profile and test only with the vanilla files. If that works, then add batches of plugins to see if you can narrow it down to a single plugin. I would be interested in the results either way.

Edited by sheson

I tested with just vanilla files and DynDOLOD resources. TexGen worked fine but in DynDOLOD I couldn't check boxes that don't already came checked. After clicking OK an error came up and I had to use task manager to close DynDOLOD because it couldn't save.

[00:00:02.156]    Error: Can not find tree LOD billboards required to create tree LOD. See log or FAQ for more details.
[00:01:41.860]    [00:00] Error saving DynDOLOD.esp: Cannot create file "F:\DynDOLOD_SSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\DynDOLOD.esp". The operation completed successfully
[00:01:41.871]    [00:00] Errors have occured. At least one file was not saved.

Would verifying integrity of the game files fix this error and maybe allow me to use DynDOLOD without any more issues?

You should install the required vanilla billboards. Unless they are installed and DynDOLOD is prevented reading the files.

Check if antivirus or windows prevents DynDOLOD from reading/creating any new files. It could also be the reason for the other error.

Edited by sheson