• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Ardellian

Ardellian

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

I'm using Windows 10 and theme settings; background is harmony but I use Wallpaper Engine for my backgrounds, Color is Custom, Sound is Windows Default, Screensaver is Mystify.

Font settings; Hide fonts based on language settings checked, and Allow fonts to be installed using a shortcut (advanced) unchecked.

Here's a screenshot of my screen. Generate Tree LOD is greyed out because I'm using 3d Tree LODs, but everything else were already greyed out before I did that.

https://mega.nz/#!VChASKjB!zWTSEf8rJoL8yRPXwtjPNp4pOf9NrmDepYJv8L4kdIs

Edited by Ardellian, 27 August 2017 - 05:57 PM.

#32 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

Ah I see now what you mean. That is by design. Every option requiring dynamic LOD (Generate DynDOLOD) is greyed out for Skyrim SE while we wait for Bethesda to fix bugs and/or SKSE64 to arrive.

All problems resolved it seems.

#33 Ardellian

Ardellian

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

Oh OK. I didn't know that was why they were greyed out. Thanks for helping me out.

#34 Astakos

Astakos

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Hi Sheson,

All of the sudden today (first time using v.2.31) I have exactly the same errors as OP using both TexGen64 and DynDOLOD64, Skyrim SSE and MO2 v.2.0.83.

I do know for sure that my load order (and my mod list), although very heavy, is rock solid.

It loads perfectly fine with xEdit (latest version posted in AFK

So I started doing tests...basically the majority of what you have advised in this post. What I have discovered:

1. Rolling back to v.2.26 of both TexGen64 and DynDOLOD64 gave me exactly the same errors as 2.31 (!!!); the ones like OP.

2. I made a separate profile to MO2 and loaded only the DLCs+USSEP+Vanilla Billboards. All loaded fine. No Errors. Both versions of TexGen and DynDOLOD.

3. I started enabling 10-10 plugins at a time. TexGen64 (2.31) was loading fine until it reached plugin order 180 (Mod Index B2). Then crashed. Exactly same errors like before, like OP. Of course there is nothing wrong with the plugins after order 180...no matter what plugin I was placing after 180 and enabling it, TexGen64 and DynDOLOD64 would immediately throw an exemption when reach at this index when loading.

4. As a last step I run my entire load order (enabled everything) using TexGen32 and DynDOLOD32 through MO2...and what do u know!!! They worked just fine!!!??? No errors, no exemptions, no crashes, no "Your Load Order is messed up" messages.

Taking into account that not much had changed in my mod list ever since I was running successfully 2.27; I hardly think that this is a DynDOLOD64 problem.

But then why 32-bit version to work out well when I have never ever used it in the past?

A windows update screwing up things? Don't know...running out of ideas.

Your thoughts?

My Win 10 version is 1703 (OS Build 15063.540).

Edited by Astakos, 01 September 2017 - 01:32 PM.

#35 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:55 PM

3. Check the last plugin(s) you enabled before the error happened, like number 179.

I cant say anything about Windows 10 or whatever version you might be using. I guess anything can happen with it.

#36 Astakos

Astakos

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:24 PM

Nothing is wrong with any of the plugins.

Already checked and re-checked and...checked again now! :(

Scratching my head on this...

#37 sirjesto

sirjesto

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

I just encountered the same issue with the newest version as well.

#38 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

Provide more information:

Game version Skryim or Skyrim SE
Which Mod Manager, starting directly making a difference?
What Windows version
DynDOLOD.exe / DynDOLODx64.exe making a difference? If you like do same test with older DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe (the first time problems were reported was with older version, though)

Edited by sheson, 01 September 2017 - 04:53 PM.

#39 sirjesto

sirjesto

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:14 AM

Latest Skyrim SE. Mod Organizer 2. Windows 7.

Tried the 32 bit .exe instead of the 64 bit like Astakos and it worked without an issue.

#40 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

Please post log ..DynDOLOD\\Logs\\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt from the failed start.

#41 alexis524

alexis524

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:29 PM

aggggghhhhh,

now i have the same problem. Must've successfully run TexGen and DyndoLOD about 10 times last week. I've managed to get TexGEn running and have my output file, but needing to run DyndoLOD which is a whole nother story. I'm now getting the same error messages as posters above. I've attached my log for reference. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance,

Attached Files

Edited by alexis524, 05 September 2017 - 01:32 PM.

#42 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

aggggghhhhh,

now i have the same problem. Must've successfully run TexGen and DyndoLOD about 10 times last week. I've managed to get TexGEn running and have my output file, but needing to run DyndoLOD which is a whole nother story. I'm now getting the same error messages as posters above. I've attached my log for reference. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance,

I will see if I can replicate with that load order.

Also test with DynDOLOD.exe. Then test with latest version 2.31, also both exe versions. Just let me know what works what doesn't

#43 alexis524

alexis524

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

I will see if I can replicate with that load order.

Also test with DynDOLOD.exe. Then test with latest version 2.31, also both exe versions. Just let me know what works what doesn't

Thanks Sheson.

To make sure i've down my part, i've run LOOT and SSEedit both with no issues and checked for errors and it came back clean. I should have mentioned that i'm attempting to rerun the 64bit version. Not sure if yo needed that. 

#44 Karma

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:51 PM

My texgen crashes with an access violation error when i try and run it through MO. Forget about Dyndolod.

When I used NMM a month ago with the same load order, + or - a few minor mods that wouldn't affect LOD anyway, it was working fine and I was able to generate texture files and LOD through Dyndolod without issue. 

I switched to MO so I could install an uninstall things more easily but now I can't use dyndolod.

I don't want to feel like I should have stuck with NMM, hopefully we can find a fix for this ?

#45 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:43 AM

My texgen crashes with an access violation error when i try and run it through MO. Forget about Dyndolod.

When I used NMM a month ago with the same load order, + or - a few minor mods that wouldn't affect LOD anyway, it was working fine and I was able to generate texture files and LOD through Dyndolod without issue. 

I switched to MO so I could install an uninstall things more easily but now I can't use dyndolod.

I don't want to feel like I should have stuck with NMM, hopefully we can find a fix for this ?

What is the relationship to the "Load Order messed up" error message of this thread? TexGen and DynDOLOD generally both work without problem in MO.

Edited by sheson, 09 September 2017 - 09:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users