67 replies to this topic

#61 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:39 AM

Still no luck with the alpha values and the CTD.
Besides that, I wanted to add new LODs but can't export them with the right settings, nif skope won't open my new meshes. If I can figure that out, I will add more objects for cars and trains.

I have no idea right now how the global alpha value especially could not ever work with the latest LODGen.exe as long as its defined in the INI. I will have it write the found value to the log with the other settings with the next version.

I could see it not picking up source alpha in case the nif format is off, it should always work for the vanilla LOD models and BGSMs.

You should try vanilla game only, with FO4LODGen.esp and FO4LODGen - Main.ba2

#62 El_Rizzo

El_Rizzo

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:14 AM

Thx, xLODGen beta 13 should fix that I hope.

Yep, just tested the same scenario again and it ran without hicups this time :)

#63 SpaceMad

SpaceMad

Prisoner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:31 PM

I have no idea right now how the global alpha value especially could not ever work with the latest LODGen.exe as long as its defined in the INI. I will have it write the found value to the log with the other settings with the next version.

I could see it not picking up source alpha in case the nif format is off, it should always work for the vanilla LOD models and BGSMs.

You should try vanilla game only, with FO4LODGen.esp and FO4LODGen - Main.ba2

I have, but still no changes. It says alpha threshold = false or something in one of those files.

#64 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:17 AM

I have, but still no changes. It says alpha threshold = false or something in one of those files.

Test with xLODGen beta 14 and look for Default Alpha Threshold: in the log. It should match the number set in the options.

#65 vvbnspdj07

vvbnspdj07

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

I'm on windows 10. What compression diffuse, normal and spec should I use? I changed them and can't remember the default ones. Plus I don't know the difference between any of the options. 

#66 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:03 PM

I'm on windows 10. What compression diffuse, normal and spec should I use? I changed them and can't remember the default ones. Plus I don't know the difference between any of the options. 

DXT1 or DXT5 for diffuse, BC5 for normal and specular.

#67 sqpp

sqpp

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

Anyone can give me detailed information how to setup this? For Skyrim it was pretty easy, but this one I have no idea how to start :D

#68 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:44 PM

Anyone can give me detailed information how to setup this? For Skyrim it was pretty easy, but this one I have no idea how to start :D

Since FO4LODGen/TES5LODGen/SSELODGen are just a renamed xLODGen/xEdit the setup and execution is always the same for the different games.

The first post explains installation and execution just the same.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fo4, fallout 4, lod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users