Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

Hi, I use crash fixes and its reports the Form IDs that caused the CTD (thank goodness for that file!). When I had the problem with LoTD last week, i did in fact, delete individual the individual glow lods and that worked, to a point. I could get further towards the docks w/o a crash, but eventually, I would run into yet another file I had missed, and a CTD would occur again. In this instance there are 5 instances in the Dynd that reference this model. 

The actual model in this instance is 

CYRImpCandelabraCandle01

bscyrodiil\clutter\imperial\impcandelabracandle01.nif

I deleted the 5 references to this candle, and was able to approach the gate with no issues.

Hi, I use crash fixes and its reports the Form IDs that caused the CTD (thank goodness for that file!). When I had the problem with LoTD last week, i did in fact, delete individual the individual glow lods and that worked, to a point. I could get further towards the docks w/o a crash, but eventually, I would run into yet another file I had missed, and a CTD would occur again. In this instance there are 5 instances in the Dynd that reference this model. 

The actual model in this instance is 

CYRImpCandelabraCandle01

bscyrodiil\clutter\imperial\impcandelabracandle01.nif

I deleted the 5 references to this candle, and was able to approach the gate with no issues.

What do you mean by DynDOLOD referencing this model? DynDOLOD should not use that model for LOD. It will only create an overwrite for that record to set the Has LOD flag, but that doesn't do anything else, other than changing behavior on cell borders (full model may load earlier outside of uGrid without the flag)

In any case, all shouldn't matter either way, if crash fixes is mentioning that nif by base record form id. Then that nif is corrupt or can not be loaded. Update/replace/check the nif.

Well, Im far less conversant about the nuts and bolts of it, that'd be your dept, but I just deleted the 5 instances of those candles in the Dyndolod and that (seems) to have taken care of it. Those are the models and nifs Dyndolod used, the same as the BSB assets.  I did post a bug report on the issue to the BSB page, maybe they can post a fix similar to what LoTD did recently.

Edited by Mebantiza

Well, Im far less conversant about the nuts and bolts of it, that'd be your dept, but I just deleted the 5 instances of those candles in the Dyndolod and that (seems) to have taken care of it. Those are the

models and nifs Dyndolod used, the same as the BSB assets.  I did post a bug report on the issue to the BSB page, maybe they can post a fix similar to what LoTD did recently.

DynDOLOD typically does not use base records from other mods for LOD. It should create a new copy just for itself and on that copy it is supposed to ..Meshes\\DynDOLOD\\lod\\clutter\\impcandelabracandle01_dyndolod_lod.nif. So that copy has the full model instead?

Check if DynDOLOD Resources are completely installed and that nif is available.

Unless rules for candles were changed or something unexpected happend. When I generate LOD for just vanilla+DLC and Bruma it is fine.

Otherwise I would be interested in the esp with records intact so I can investigate.

Aw snap, I deleted all the evidence. One thing may have a bearing, they did there big update on the 29th, and I generated the Dynodold using 1.3.2 on the 25th. One thing that may also caused a problem was, they forgot to pack there archive loader in 1.3.3 as well. Long story short, there is room for things to have gone wrong between now and then. What I haven't done, is generate a entirely new one using 1.3.3 with its meshes and textures properly enabled. Ill have to give that a go and see what happens. 

Aw snap, I deleted all the evidence. One thing may have a bearing, they did there big update on the 29th, and I generated the Dynodold using 1.3.2 on the 25th. One thing that may also caused a problem was, they forgot to pack there archive loader in 1.3.3 as well. Long story short, there is room for things to have gone wrong between now and then. What I haven't done, is generate a entirely new one using 1.3.3 with its meshes and textures properly enabled. Ill have to give that a go and see what happens.

My test was with 1.3.3, so that could be it.

To follow up, its good. I generated a new ESP with 1.3.3 and the archive loader, and no problems of any kind. It could have been something in the older version?.  Advanced  setup with all options, as an added bonus, the Museum in Solitude is looking good again too, which I needed fixing since the updates were literally added a couple hours after I finished a complete re-install.

To follow up, its good. I generated a new ESP with 1.3.3 and the archive loader, and no problems of any kind. It could have been something in the older version?.  Advanced  setup with all options, as an added bonus, the Museum in Solitude is looking good again too, which I needed fixing since the updates were literally added a couple hours after I finished a complete re-install.

It seems like it. Without other reports and the latest version working all well it is hard to tell.

Sheson I find it concerning when a lodgen cmd thingy crashes, but dyndolod keeps rolling like everything is fine and ends up the generation without errors ? are there fail checks or not for that kind of issue ? thanks for your help.

The fail check would be that every logfile of LODGen.exe is checked for a successful exit code and messages are printed to the DynDOLOD log:

Checking ..DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt
Which is then either followed by

LODGen.exe completed succesfully ..DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt
or in case of an error it looks like this

LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors ..DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt
Edited by sheson

Sorry Sheson, I know I ask a lot of stupid questions with stupid issues.

but I have an issue after generation, i use ultra trees, I have buildings, forts and bent pines, but no normal trees or rocks or roads.

Here's what I tried :

reinstalled dyndolod

merged patches

reinstalled all billboards

Relinker from scratch

Texgen from scratch

Dyndolod from scratch with high or medium rule.

inis from scratch and redone with bethini.

no issues during the generation, dyndolod is sucessfully initialized as well in my game.

Yesterday I did a generation for approx 50 min and all these showed fine in my game, did a new generation today after a new merge and the issue occurs.

edit nvm : might be a bad memory, yesterday was broken too, my folder went from (way before 6.55 Gb to 1.60 now)

Edit 2 : my terrain/objects folders from the big landscapes are empty (tamriel, wyrm, falskaar)

Edited by Monobloc

Sorry Sheson, I know I ask a lot of stupid questions with stupid issues.

but I have an issue after generation, i use ultra trees, I have buildings, forts and bent pines, but no normal trees or rocks or roads.

Here's what I tried :

reinstalled dyndolod

merged patches

reinstalled all billboards

Relinker from scratch

Texgen from scratch

Dyndolod from scratch with high or medium rule.

inis from scratch and redone with bethini.

no issues during the generation, dyndolod is sucessfully initialized as well in my game.

Yesterday I did a generation for approx 50 min and all these showed fine in my game, did a new generation today after a new merge and the issue occurs.

edit nvm : might be a bad memory, yesterday was broken too, my folder went from (way before 6.55 Gb to 1.60 now)

Edit 2 : my terrain/objects folders from the big landscapes are empty (tamriel, wyrm, falskaar)

If there are no *.BTO meshes generated, check the LODGen log for errors, like ..DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

Last line should be "Code: 0"

If it just stops without specific error msg / code then LODGen.exe crashed. Bring the command line window to the front next time and watch it.

Since you mentioned bad memory. Make sure CPU is cooled and memory timing settings BIOS are stable - in case of overclocking etc.

Edited by sheson