Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

Sheson I have a question, I think there is an issue with lastest dyndolod and merges ?

What I mean is with srle lotd guide there is SFO 1.91 expanded diversity esp.

There are no billboards included, however Custom Placed trees Megapatch has them, i've been using them with relinker (because in the guide the expanded diversity was merged)

Before I had no issues, the new trees lods were generated, however now they are gone.

Sheson I have a question, I think there is an issue with lastest dyndolod and merges ?

What I mean is with srle lotd guide there is SFO 1.91 expanded diversity esp.

There are no billboards included, however Custom Placed trees Megapatch has them, i've been using them with relinker (because in the guide the expanded diversity was merged)

Before I had no issues, the new trees lods were generated, however now they are gone.

It doesn't matter in which plugin any of the tree references are for generating tree LOD. If a tree has no LOD I could think of these reasons:

There is no billboard available for the tree base record when generating tree LOD. Check the log for the billboard messages Tree XXX [ using LOD | LOD not found ] textures\terrain\...\*.dds

The tree reference requires dynamic LOD and dynamic LOD was not generated or is not loaded in the game.

The plugin that adds the tree reference was not loaded at the time of the tree LOD generation.

The load order of plugins changed after generating tree LOD.

Edited by sheson

Okay here is the thing https://imgur.com/a/6Hx8e

Compared with my old dyndolod.esp.

The merge was enabled, as 80% of the records are in there.

the relinker has the proper lods and was enabled.

the records are just not ported for some reason.

I didn't re-merge the trees and flora mods between the 2 dyndolod generations.

Edited by Monobloc

If there are no billboards for tree base records then those trees will not have LOD and consequently there will be no dynamic LOD for trees (the new base records with *_DynDOLOD_LOD) in their name.

The overwrites are created when doing 3D tree LODs, again if no resources are there for the base record or no 3D tree LOD is generated, there will be no such overwrites.

Traditional tree LOD is files in meshes. 3D Ultra tree LOD is files meshes. They do not require data in DynDOLOD, only 3D LOD needs a LOD flag set on the tree base records so loading is delayed. However that will not influence if LOD trees show or not.

I generate 3d tree lod, however these are 2d lods, but they should work together don't they ?

As you said when 3d lod billboards are not available, 2d lods are used by default ?

EVT lods are 3d in my case, and these from SFO 1.91 expanded diversity with billboards from custom placed tree megapatch are 2d.

If I understand correctly.

Edited by Monobloc

I generate 3d tree lod, however these are 2d lods, but they should work together don't they ?

As you said when 3d lod billboards are not available, 2d lods are used by default ?

EVT lods are 3d in my case, and these from SFO 1.91 expanded diversity with billboards from custom placed tree megapatch are 2d.

If I understand correctly.

So which trees do not have tree LOD? The 3D LOD trees from EVT or the ones from SFO that should use billboards as fallback?

The sfo ones(red aspens near whiterun and such) have no lods DESPITE having the proper billboards.

When I was using your fixed 2.27 and generated dyndolod i had these lods, made no change absolutely to the related files of these specific trees, yet with 2.31, i don't have these lods.

In the same ESP, there are the huge bent pines records, and these do have the lods.

this is why I don't understand what's happening, sorry for troubling you sheson, it's a small issue anyways :unsure:

Edited by Monobloc

The sfo ones(red aspens near whiterun and such) have no lods DESPITE having the proper billboards.

When I was using your fixed 2.27 and generated dyndolod i had these lods, made no change absolutely to the related files of these specific trees, yet with 2.31, i don't have these lods.

In the same ESP, there are the huge bent pines records, and these do have the lods.

this is why I don't understand what's happening, sorry for troubling you sheson, it's a small issue anyways :unsure:

Don't worry about the troubles, it always could be that something broke. Now that I understand the specifics of your case, I will double check some things while doing the better log reporting update for static tree LOD generation related to this discussion.

I should have some new test version some time later today/tomorrow.

Hi sheson, thanks for your quick update.

I confirm the lods are present in the ESP now https://imgur.com/a/zQ0Jl

+ they appear in game

+ the logs properly show :

GKB_MapleTree01 "GKB_mapletree01" [TREE:1E005BF3] meshes\landscape\trees\gkbjungletreenew19v2maplebig.nif
            Billboard found, new tree, 3D LOD not found <gkbjungletreenew19v2maplebig_4b2824e8> fallback Billboard
            LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\trees and flora merged.esp\gkbjungletreenew19v2maplebig_00005bf3.dds
            LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\trees and flora merged.esp\gkbjungletreenew19v2maplebig_00005bf3.dds
            LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\trees and flora merged.esp\gkbjungletreenew19v2maplebig_00005bf3.dds

Edited by Monobloc