• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 XenolithicYardZone

XenolithicYardZone

Prisoner

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:08 AM

Using just a simply setup with this mod does not cause any problems here, also no duplicate form id reported. That probably means that most likely another plugins is required to reproduce this.

The other plugin(s) also add trees in the same or adjacent (5x5 uGrids) cells where this is happening. You could try this to compile a hopefully short list of potential plugins:

Enter any of the form ids into xEdit top left FormID field and press enter.

In the right window where it shows all the reference data of that tree, find the top row "Cell", CTRL+CLICK the entry in the whiteforest.esp column [CELL:xxxxxx] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at... and once in the Cell data shows, take note of all other plugins than the vanilla+DLC or unofficial patch.

You can also click the cell entry in the left tree view and if no other plugin is listed in the particular cell record find adjacent cells by looking at the coordinates < x, x > in the Name column. 

You also could just quickly click or arrow key through all couple dozen cells whiterunforest changes in the same Sub-Blocks and note any other plugin. There probably won't be many.

Looks like JK's Superlite Merged esp's the culprit here. Ran DynDOLOD w/o it and no more stuck LODs. Then I re-installed the mod and those LODs returned. So whether I include JK's in DynDOLOD generation or not, it seems to be affecting Whiterun Forest's LODs.

Does JK's have anything to do with trees? 

Edited by XenolithicYardZone, 13 October 2017 - 04:19 AM.

#92 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:04 AM

Looks like JK's Superlite Merged esp's the culprit here. Ran DynDOLOD w/o it and no more stuck LODs. Then I re-installed the mod and those LODs returned. So whether I include JK's in DynDOLOD generation or not, it seems to be affecting Whiterun Forest's LODs.

Does JK's have anything to do with trees? 

Bingo, I can replicate this now. It seems the engine limitations (engine bugs that only show when the game is modded) of the tree LOD regarding child worlds and duplicate form IDs is a bit more complex than we have discovered so far.

This can be worked around just as well, we just need to extend the discovery of duplicate form IDs it seems. I need to do some testing and programming the next days, which will probably result in a new test version.

#93 XenolithicYardZone

XenolithicYardZone

Prisoner

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:56 AM

Bingo, I can replicate this now. It seems the engine limitations (engine bugs that only show when the game is modded) of the tree LOD regarding child worlds and duplicate form IDs is a bit more complex than we have discovered so far.

This can be worked around just as well, we just need to extend the discovery of duplicate form IDs it seems. I need to do some testing and programming the next days, which will probably result in a new test version.

Cool. Will give the test version a go when its ready. 

#94 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

Cool. Will give the test version a go when its ready. 

You actually do not have to wait for that. It should be enough to sort the JK plugin to load after the Whiterun Forest, so its tree references are loaded first.

#95 XenolithicYardZone

XenolithicYardZone

Prisoner

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:07 AM

You actually do not have to wait for that. It should be enough to sort the JK plugin to load after the Whiterun Forest, so its tree references are loaded first.

Ooh that did it! But I haven't added JK's to DynDOLOD yet. So I should just load JK's esp after Whiterun Forest's esp in MO and run DynDOLOD

Edited by XenolithicYardZone, 13 October 2017 - 11:09 AM.

#96 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

Ooh that did it! But I haven't added JK's to DynDOLOD yet. So I should just load JK's esp after Whiterun Forest's esp in MO and run DynDOLOD

Generally yes, you should generate tree LOD after changing the load order, but technically, you only need to generate LOD again if JK also adds trees outside the cities that should have LOD - I didn't check if it does that.

So you could skip and only do it when you notice different trees having stuck LOD now.

The important part to take away from this right now is, to sort plugins that modify/add references for TREE records in child worlds to load after plugins that modify/add references for TREE records in the parent world.

Edited by sheson, 13 October 2017 - 12:46 PM.

#97 XenolithicYardZone

XenolithicYardZone

Prisoner

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

The important part to take away from this right now is, to sort plugins that modify/add references for TREE records in child worlds to load after plugins that modify/add references for TREE records in the parent world.

Yep. Didn't think JK's superlite module did anything tree related inside Whiterun but based on this evidence, looks like it does. Locked JK's esp to load after Whiterun Forest's and re-ran DynDOLOD. All good as of now. 

#98 HeirIofIHerjeim

HeirIofIHerjeim

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

Hey all, new to the forums.

I'm planning to super overhaul mod my Skyrim as my old hard drive crashed so enters a new opportunity for me to use all the mods I couldn't install before cause of older incompatible mods or mods I was afraid to attempt to eveer install.

I want it to be as official as possible this time.

What I want to know for DynDOLod is how difficult is it to install perse compared to older distance overhaul mods?

For example I did all of the RAEVWD mods for Oblivion and Shivering Isles back in the day, and that for me was relatively simple enough.

Can I expect installation of this mod to be as simple as that? I am fully familiar with TESIVLodGen for that particular mod on Oblivion. If it's no more than 60% more difficult to use this mod than that I can probably handle it. I have plenty of custom textures and structures, and it would be great to get the full package, be able to see it all from a distance, and finally get to use one of the flora and tree landscape replacers.

Thanks!

#99 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

Hey all, new to the forums.

I'm planning to super overhaul mod my Skyrim as my old hard drive crashed so enters a new opportunity for me to use all the mods I couldn't install before cause of older incompatible mods or mods I was afraid to attempt to eveer install.

I want it to be as official as possible this time.

What I want to know for DynDOLod is how difficult is it to install perse compared to older distance overhaul mods?

For example I did all of the RAEVWD mods for Oblivion and Shivering Isles back in the day, and that for me was relatively simple enough.

Can I expect installation of this mod to be as simple as that? I am fully familiar with TESIVLodGen for that particular mod on Oblivion. If it's no more than 60% more difficult to use this mod than that I can probably handle it. I have plenty of custom textures and structures, and it would be great to get the full package, be able to see it all from a distance, and finally get to use one of the flora and tree landscape replacers.

Thanks!

How to install DynDOLOD Standalone from 0:00 to 0:22

How to install DynDOLOD Resources from 0:33 to 0:44

Best to watch entire video though for how to install other requirements and how to use the tools to create and install a LOD mod for the load order. There is also an extensive DynDOLOD Start To Finish video and a detailed manual in the DynDOLOD Standalone archive in case you prefer the written word or need to do a bit more customization or choose different options when using the tools.

All in all, this is 666 times easier than anything that came before it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, skyrim, skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users