Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

Odd thing, I ran DynDOLOD ... all went amazing. Game looks great, and even the waterfalls animate from a good distance away. However ... all the windmills are missing their blades. Thoughts? I already ensured the cause was not an existing mod as they vanish only with DynDOLOD is installed. Did I perhaps miss a setting ... ? I used the procedure for having Open Cities installed. 

Does that happen with a new game, like coc whiterun from main menu?

If yes, then a mod might be interfering.

Does that happen with a new game, like coc whiterun from main menu?

If yes, then a mod might be interfering.

Aye new game, tried version settings and installs with no additional mods beyond SKSE, SkyUI, iHUD, USLEEP and Another Life for quick access to Whiterun. No LOD addons beyond what is stock with DynDOLOd and Vanilla Billboards ... did it with and without the DynDOLOD Whiterun addon. Just the entire blade chassis is just gone, even its movement sound. I am actually scratching my head on this one. 

Will be doing even more testing today to try and resolve this time. 

Edited by warriorpoetex

After more testing I found the following in DynDOLOD.esm ...

In Worldspace Tamriel Block 0,-1 Sub-Block 0,-1, 00009659 PelagiaFarmExterior [CELL:00009659] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-5- Temporary 00096272 Placed Object FarmhouseWindMillFan

It is set to Initially Disabled in the ESM as well as Set Enable State to Opposite of Parent. The Parent reference was the Player [00000014]

I tried a few methods to correct this. First was the basic, copied the record from Skyrim.esm for this Placed Object and put it in its own ESP following the DynDOLOD.esp

- Of course in the game, the windmill now appears.

Then, I removed the test esp from the load order and altered the ESM myself by changing Set Enable State to Pop in. The result ... of course is the blades do not appear.

So, went back and restored the ESM to its default state and focused on the DynDOLOD.esp. Since this record is not within the ESP, I added it myself and removed the Disabled as well as the Parent and Set Enable State as well as adjust the Z Position to -3727.914307 which is Skyrim default from -30000.000000 which OMG, places it faaaaar underground. Just for kicks, I set it at 3000.000000 to see if an extra zero was accidentally placed in and the result was hilarious with the blades spinning and floating above the silo.

On that note, I was unable to locate the Solitude windmill blades either. 

Now the view LOD on the windmill was not far, assuming it was not generated because of being disabled from the get go. This able to be corrected?

I did each test with a fresh character. Thank God for Alternative Start. :)

I had basically reset the blades to Skyrim defaults in order to get them to appear at all. At every single farm location I could remember ...

After more testing I found the following in DynDOLOD.esm ...

In Worldspace Tamriel Block 0,-1 Sub-Block 0,-1, 00009659 PelagiaFarmExterior [CELL:00009659] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-5- Temporary 00096272 Placed Object FarmhouseWindMillFan

It is set to Initially Disabled in the ESM as well as Set Enable State to Opposite of Parent. The Parent reference was the Player [00000014]

I tried a few methods to correct this. First was the basic, copied the record from Skyrim.esm for this Placed Object and put it in its own ESP following the DynDOLOD.esp

- Of course in the game, the windmill now appears.

Then, I removed the test esp from the load order and altered the ESM myself by changing Set Enable State to Pop in. The result ... of course is the blades do not appear.

So, went back and restored the ESM to its default state and focused on the DynDOLOD.esp. Since this record is not within the ESP, I added it myself and removed the Disabled as well as the Parent and Set Enable State as well as adjust the Z Position to -3727.914307 which is Skyrim default from -30000.000000 which OMG, places it faaaaar underground. Just for kicks, I set it at 3000.000000 to see if an extra zero was accidentally placed in and the result was hilarious with the blades spinning and floating above the silo.

On that note, I was unable to locate the Solitude windmill blades either. 

Now the view LOD on the windmill was not far, assuming it was not generated because of being disabled from the get go. This able to be corrected?

I did each test with a fresh character. Thank God for Alternative Start. :)

I had basically reset the blades to Skyrim defaults in order to get them to appear at all. At every single farm location I could remember ...

DynDOLOD disables (that means to set them to initially disabled, move them to -30000 etc) the original windmill fans and then adds new ones with the Is Full LOD (neverfade) flag, which is used for for close up and for LOD. It does the same to waterwheels.

The mesh rules that do this: Mesh = farmhousewindmillfan / sfarmhousewindmellfan, LOD4/8/16 = empty, VWD = empty, Grid = Far LOD, Reference = Replace

I also explained this here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13029-dyndolod-236-skyrim-se-beta-with-dynamic-lod/page-11?do=findComment&comment=213690

In your case something happens to the new ones that are added to replace the original ones. They are either not added or not activated.

There is no need for LAL for such troubleshooting. Just use coc whiterun from main menu to jump right into the world for testing. You could also use an interior save that has not seen a DynDOLOD plugin yet.

xEdit can can show a list of references that use a base record to easily find all occurrences. When starting xEdit let it do the building reference info. In addition right click anywhere in the left tree view, Select Other / Build Reference Info to build the data for any plugin that was automatically skipped (like Skyrim.esm)

So when you look up the original base record for windmill fans 000FC611, at the bottom click on the tab Referenced By to see the list of plugins and references using this base record.

Now to troubleshoot the problem, we should look at the DynDOLOD log first for clues. Then try to find out if the replacement base record and references for LOD have been added correctly to the DynDOLOD plugin. Just unfold DynDOLOD.esp in xEdit, then unfold Moveable Static and find the base record which EditorID is FarmhouseWindMillFan_DynDOLOD_LOD. Then use its Reference By tab at the bottom to look up the 8 new references with the Is Full LOD.

If all that is in place then problem must be with the JSON data for the papyrus scripts.

Sheson, amazing work and much of what you said I assumed but it is nice to get clarification. What would you like from me ... I can get logs and any data you need. Just ask. I will get it all together ASAP.

Post/Upload the DynDOLOD log.

Here is the log file for DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

https://www.scribd.com/document/373134210/Dyndolod-Sse-Log

Didn't want to make a huge text spam post here heh ...

Here is the Log for LODGEN_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

https://www.scribd.com/document/373134368/LODGen-SSE-Tamriel-Log

You might have old DynDOLOD Resources SE installed.

There should be no Solitude and Whiterun Exterior plugins in the load order, as they have been replaced by a patching function that adds their functionality into the DynDOLOD plugins. This could mean old papyrus scripts.

Remove the current DynDOLOD Resources SE installation completely and install DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.36 beta 1 from https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13029-dyndolod-236-skyrim-se-beta-with-dynamic-lod/

This might work already with a new game without having to generate again. In case the problem still happens, generate LOD from scratch. If it still happens then, we will look at the plugins and JSON files.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having an odd issue with the latest version of dyndolod. When building, what should be a new esp, the patcher ALWAYS finds a dyndolod esp and asks if I want to update it, regardless of the fact that there's not even a backup of said esp in any drive on my entire system. The only relevant bit I can dig up is that it is somehow finding an old esp from a few months ago and that, when initializing, it reports (skyrim root directory path - denied).

Edited by Sean144800

I've been having an odd issue with the latest version of dyndolod. When building, what should be a new esp, the patcher ALWAYS finds a dyndolod esp and asks if I want to update it, regardless of the fact that there's not even a backup of said esp in any drive on my entire system. The only relevant bit I can dig up is that it is somehow finding an old esp from a few months ago and that, when initializing, it reports (skyrim root directory path - denied).

Post/upload the DynDOLOD log. You can delete the old log first, then start DynDOLOD and do everything up to this message and then cancel and exit. That's all the logging we need for now.

Edited by sheson

Oh wait there is more to the log, let me check some more.

See what happens when you use the latest beta version 2.36 beta 9 from here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13029-dyndolod-236-skyrim-se-beta-with-dynamic-lod/

Edited by sheson