Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

Using just a simply setup with this mod does not cause any problems here, also no duplicate form id reported. That probably means that most likely another plugins is required to reproduce this.

The other plugin(s) also add trees in the same or adjacent (5x5 uGrids) cells where this is happening. You could try this to compile a hopefully short list of potential plugins:

Enter any of the form ids into xEdit top left FormID field and press enter.

In the right window where it shows all the reference data of that tree, find the top row "Cell", CTRL+CLICK the entry in the whiteforest.esp column [CELL:xxxxxx] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at... and once in the Cell data shows, take note of all other plugins than the vanilla+DLC or unofficial patch.

You can also click the cell entry in the left tree view and if no other plugin is listed in the particular cell record find adjacent cells by looking at the coordinates < x, x > in the Name column. 

You also could just quickly click or arrow key through all couple dozen cells whiterunforest changes in the same Sub-Blocks and note any other plugin. There probably won't be many.

Looks like JK's Superlite Merged esp's the culprit here. Ran DynDOLOD w/o it and no more stuck LODs. Then I re-installed the mod and those LODs returned. So whether I include JK's in DynDOLOD generation or not, it seems to be affecting Whiterun Forest's LODs.

Does JK's have anything to do with trees? 

Edited by XenolithicYardZone

Looks like JK's Superlite Merged esp's the culprit here. Ran DynDOLOD w/o it and no more stuck LODs. Then I re-installed the mod and those LODs returned. So whether I include JK's in DynDOLOD generation or not, it seems to be affecting Whiterun Forest's LODs.

Does JK's have anything to do with trees? 

Bingo, I can replicate this now. It seems the engine limitations (engine bugs that only show when the game is modded) of the tree LOD regarding child worlds and duplicate form IDs is a bit more complex than we have discovered so far.

This can be worked around just as well, we just need to extend the discovery of duplicate form IDs it seems. I need to do some testing and programming the next days, which will probably result in a new test version.

Bingo, I can replicate this now. It seems the engine limitations (engine bugs that only show when the game is modded) of the tree LOD regarding child worlds and duplicate form IDs is a bit more complex than we have discovered so far.

This can be worked around just as well, we just need to extend the discovery of duplicate form IDs it seems. I need to do some testing and programming the next days, which will probably result in a new test version.

Cool. Will give the test version a go when its ready. 

You actually do not have to wait for that. It should be enough to sort the JK plugin to load after the Whiterun Forest, so its tree references are loaded first.

Ooh that did it! But I haven't added JK's to DynDOLOD yet. So I should just load JK's esp after Whiterun Forest's esp in MO and run DynDOLOD

Edited by XenolithicYardZone

Ooh that did it! But I haven't added JK's to DynDOLOD yet. So I should just load JK's esp after Whiterun Forest's esp in MO and run DynDOLOD

Generally yes, you should generate tree LOD after changing the load order, but technically, you only need to generate LOD again if JK also adds trees outside the cities that should have LOD - I didn't check if it does that.

So you could skip and only do it when you notice different trees having stuck LOD now.

The important part to take away from this right now is, to sort plugins that modify/add references for TREE records in child worlds to load after plugins that modify/add references for TREE records in the parent world.

Edited by sheson

The important part to take away from this right now is, to sort plugins that modify/add references for TREE records in child worlds to load after plugins that modify/add references for TREE records in the parent world.

Yep. Didn't think JK's superlite module did anything tree related inside Whiterun but based on this evidence, looks like it does. Locked JK's esp to load after Whiterun Forest's and re-ran DynDOLOD. All good as of now. 

Hey all, new to the forums.

I'm planning to super overhaul mod my Skyrim as my old hard drive crashed so enters a new opportunity for me to use all the mods I couldn't install before cause of older incompatible mods or mods I was afraid to attempt to eveer install.

I want it to be as official as possible this time.

What I want to know for DynDOLod is how difficult is it to install perse compared to older distance overhaul mods?

For example I did all of the RAEVWD mods for Oblivion and Shivering Isles back in the day, and that for me was relatively simple enough.

Can I expect installation of this mod to be as simple as that? I am fully familiar with TESIVLodGen for that particular mod on Oblivion. If it's no more than 60% more difficult to use this mod than that I can probably handle it. I have plenty of custom textures and structures, and it would be great to get the full package, be able to see it all from a distance, and finally get to use one of the flora and tree landscape replacers.

Thanks!

Hey all, new to the forums.

I'm planning to super overhaul mod my Skyrim as my old hard drive crashed so enters a new opportunity for me to use all the mods I couldn't install before cause of older incompatible mods or mods I was afraid to attempt to eveer install.

I want it to be as official as possible this time.

What I want to know for DynDOLod is how difficult is it to install perse compared to older distance overhaul mods?

For example I did all of the RAEVWD mods for Oblivion and Shivering Isles back in the day, and that for me was relatively simple enough.

Can I expect installation of this mod to be as simple as that? I am fully familiar with TESIVLodGen for that particular mod on Oblivion. If it's no more than 60% more difficult to use this mod than that I can probably handle it. I have plenty of custom textures and structures, and it would be great to get the full package, be able to see it all from a distance, and finally get to use one of the flora and tree landscape replacers.

Thanks!

How to install DynDOLOD Standalone from 0:00 to 0:22

How to install DynDOLOD Resources from 0:33 to 0:44

Best to watch entire video though for how to install other requirements and how to use the tools to create and install a LOD mod for the load order. There is also an extensive DynDOLOD Start To Finish video and a detailed manual in the DynDOLOD Standalone archive in case you prefer the written word or need to do a bit more customization or choose different options when using the tools.

All in all, this is 666 times easier than anything that came before it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Sheson!

First of all, big thanks for the DynDOLOD!

I have a relatively stupid question:

If I install any "city interior" mod (such as JK whiterun, or Autumn in Whiterun), or any other similiar mod, that changes textures inside the city or add/moves objects within the city walls, will running DynDOLOD mirror these changes on the city's LOD model?

So will I see trees / custom rooftop textures / new buildings in Whiterun from afar, from example?

This is a very crucial moment for me, since obviously it breaks immersion a lot when you approach city walls and behind them there's good-old whiterun, then you go inside and there's 10 new buildings, few new streets and a small forest around new dark rooftop textures...

Also, for stuff, such as Oblivion Gates or Wayshrines, for some smaller distant objects, will DynDOLOD generate proper LOD models?

I only tried Bent Pines so far, and it worked, but I assume that's because some kind of billboard / premade lods were included, which were used as a resources by DynDOLOD

Sorry for stupid questions.

++what largerefsize you can recommend in ini (if you are using this of course)?

11/13 to start with?

Hi, Sheson!

First of all, big thanks for the DynDOLOD!

I have a relatively stupid question:

If I install any "city interior" mod (such as JK whiterun, or Autumn in Whiterun), or any other similiar mod, that changes textures inside the city or add/moves objects within the city walls, will running DynDOLOD mirror these changes on the city's LOD model?

So will I see trees / custom rooftop textures / new buildings in Whiterun from afar, from example?

This is a very crucial moment for me, since obviously it breaks immersion a lot when you approach city walls and behind them there's good-old whiterun, then you go inside and there's 10 new buildings, few new streets and a small forest around new dark rooftop textures...

Also, for stuff, such as Oblivion Gates or Wayshrines, for some smaller distant objects, will DynDOLOD generate proper LOD models?

I only tried Bent Pines so far, and it worked, but I assume that's because some kind of billboard / premade lods were included, which were used as a resources by DynDOLOD

Sorry for stupid questions.

++what largerefsize you can recommend in ini (if you are using this of course)?

11/13 to start with?

There is no mod support for Skryim SE by me as long as it has game breaking engine bugs. I can not recommended using large references at all the second the game is modded.

I suggest to read the manual, for example (4) Scan the world in DynDOLOD_Reference.html.

The Compatibility section in DynDOLOD_Manual.html may also have some clues, but it applies to SKyrim, if it mentions rules you could try to copy them over to a corresponding SSE file, but without dynamic LOD support they only have limited use.

• 2 weeks later...

TexGen is telling me that ELFXEnhancer.esp requires master "EnhancedLightsandFX.esp" to be loaded before it..but it already it. Looks like it's loading them out of order despite being in the right order in MO.

This same message happened in LODGen but reordering them sovled in..

With TexGen it will not work not matter what order I place them in..any ideas?

Even if I disable those ESP it still says the same thing.

I am using Mod Organizer.

Edited by NewYears1978

TexGen is telling me that ELFXEnhancer.esp requires master "EnhancedLightsandFX.esp" to be loaded before it..but it already it. Looks like it's loading them out of order despite being in the right order in MO.

This same message happened in LODGen but reordering them sovled in..

With TexGen it will not work not matter what order I place them in..any ideas?

Even if I disable those ESP it still says the same thing.

I am using Mod Organizer.

Test and fix the load order in xEdit on which TexGen and DynDOLOD are based upon.

LODGen does not load any plugins and can not have the same error message.

Edited by sheson

I have not used xEdit before..is that the same thing as TES5EDIT? Can you elaborate ?

I am googling to see what I can find out, maybe the listed order in MO and the actual order is not matching from the sounds of what you are saying. 

When I load up TES5Edit it gives me the same error message.

[00:03] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "ELFXEnhancer.esp" requires master "EnhancedLightsandFX.esp" to be loaded before it.>

(rerunning LOOT seemed to fix it)

Edited by NewYears1978

I have not used xEdit before..is that the same thing as TES5EDIT? Can you elaborate ?

I am googling to see what I can find out, maybe the listed order in MO and the actual order is not matching from the sounds of what you are saying. 

When I load up TES5Edit it gives me the same error message.

[00:03] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "ELFXEnhancer.esp" requires master "EnhancedLightsandFX.esp" to be loaded before it.>

(rerunning LOOT seemed to fix it)

You googled correctly. The included manual also explains such terms.

When the loader of xEdit throws this error it means the required master EnhancedLightsandFX.esp is either missing or sorted after ELFXEnhancer.esp.

Enable the plugin or sort the load order manually in MO right window or with LOOT. Once the load order is corrected, xEdit, DynDOLOD and TexGen should load all plugins without problem.