After more testing I found the following in DynDOLOD.esm ...
In Worldspace Tamriel Block 0,-1 Sub-Block 0,-1, 00009659 PelagiaFarmExterior [CELL:00009659] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-5- Temporary 00096272 Placed Object FarmhouseWindMillFan
It is set to Initially Disabled in the ESM as well as Set Enable State to Opposite of Parent. The Parent reference was the Player 
I tried a few methods to correct this. First was the basic, copied the record from Skyrim.esm for this Placed Object and put it in its own ESP following the DynDOLOD.esp
- Of course in the game, the windmill now appears.
Then, I removed the test esp from the load order and altered the ESM myself by changing Set Enable State to Pop in. The result ... of course is the blades do not appear.
So, went back and restored the ESM to its default state and focused on the DynDOLOD.esp. Since this record is not within the ESP, I added it myself and removed the Disabled as well as the Parent and Set Enable State as well as adjust the Z Position to -3727.914307 which is Skyrim default from -30000.000000 which OMG, places it faaaaar underground. Just for kicks, I set it at 3000.000000 to see if an extra zero was accidentally placed in and the result was hilarious with the blades spinning and floating above the silo.
On that note, I was unable to locate the Solitude windmill blades either.
Now the view LOD on the windmill was not far, assuming it was not generated because of being disabled from the get go. This able to be corrected?
I did each test with a fresh character. Thank God for Alternative Start. :)
I had basically reset the blades to Skyrim defaults in order to get them to appear at all. At every single farm location I could remember ...
disables (that means to set them to initially disabled, move them to -30000 etc) the original windmill fans and then adds new ones with the Is Full LOD (neverfade) flag, which is used for for close up and for LOD. It does the same to waterwheels.
The mesh rules that do this: Mesh = farmhousewindmillfan / sfarmhousewindmellfan, LOD4/8/16 = empty, VWD = empty, Grid = Far LOD, Reference = Replace
I also explained this here http://forum.step-pr...-11#entry213690
In your case something happens to the new ones that are added to replace the original ones. They are either not added or not activated.
There is no need for LAL
for such troubleshooting. Just use coc whiterun from main menu to jump right into the world for testing. You could also use an interior save that has not seen a DynDOLOD
xEdit can can show a list of references that use a base record to easily find all occurrences. When starting xEdit let it do the building reference info. In addition right click anywhere in the left tree view, Select Other / Build Reference Info to build the data for any plugin that was automatically skipped (like Skyrim.esm)
So when you look up the original base record for windmill fans 000FC611, at the bottom click on the tab Referenced By to see the list of plugins and references using this base record.
Now to troubleshoot the problem, we should look at the DynDOLOD
log first for clues. Then try to find out if the replacement base record and references for LOD have been added correctly to the DynDOLOD
plugin. Just unfold DynDOLOD
.esp in xEdit, then unfold Moveable Static and find the base record which EditorID is FarmhouseWindMillFan_DynDOLOD_LOD. Then use its Reference By tab at the bottom to look up the 8 new references with the Is Full LOD.
If all that is in place then problem must be with the JSON data for the papyrus scripts.