Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

I used the beta 1 and got the same error message, no additional information. I figured it could be the fall of the space core mod because that was the last one referenced before DynDOLOD ran into an error so I unchecked it from MO it and it ran just fine.

Thanks for the info.

hello, i installed dyndolod (oldrim) on a complete fresh game without any other mods and waterfalls and giants campfires arent visible in lod, any help why this happens?....i also played skyrim months ago and i didnt remember this issue with dyndolod (im using the newest version 19.6.2018)

the only solution i had would be installing sky falls and sky mills which fixes it, but i think its not the right way and there would be still the problem of not seeing the camp fires ^^

post-9618-0-11530600-1529674221_thumb.jpg

post-9618-0-01256300-1529674231_thumb.jpg

post-9618-0-67467900-1529674421_thumb.jpg

post-9618-0-49387200-1529674427_thumb.jpg

Edited by FlashFire90

hello, i installed dyndolod (oldrim) on a complete fresh game without any other mods and waterfalls and giants campfires arent visible in lod, any help why this happens?....i also played skyrim months ago and i didnt remember this issue with dyndolod (im using the newest version 19.6.2018)

DynDOLOD has version numbers, don't use dates.

In order to have fires, waterfalls and other dynamic LOD, you need to either use the wizard mode or make sure to check the checkbox Generate DynDOLOD in advanced mode. No log was posted so it is not clear if LOD was completed without problems or if there were error messages.

Check if a ..SKSE\plugins\StorageUtilData\ folder with *.json files was created. Make sure the DynDOLOD.esp is activated. Make sure the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources are installed.

In the game check if SKSE and PapyrusUtil are installed, check for the DynDOLOD successfully initialized message. Then check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Main page if it is activate or what the last message was. Check the Information page there are "Activators" and if the bunch of numbers in the right pane match between plugin and json files.

Edited by sheson

Hi, I've been getting a consistent error on 2.38 for Oldrim, the old message about file being used by another process:

[00:09:50.087]    Creating atlas textures Z:\DyndoLOD Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Atlas_JaphetsFollyWorld.dds from 11 textures
[00:09:50.104]    Write next object id 012517 to C:\Users\Atardecer\AppData\Local\Skyrim\DynDOLOD_TES5_next-object.fid
[00:09:50.117]    
[00:09:50.129]    
[00:09:50.140]    
[00:09:50.701]    
[00:09:50.701]    Exception in unit userscript line 326: Cannot create file "C:\Users\Atardecer\Desktop\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_TES5_japhetsfollyworld_textures_used.txt". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Thought I remember having this problem when leaving FasterCreate=1 in the ini, but it happens with it off too (though I manage to get further, usually ends at Solstheim). I've seen this error message before googling around but couldn't find what I'm doing wrong.

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

The OS is preventing overwriting/access because the file is still being accessed by something else. A reboot typically clears that up in case you can not close or kill the other process in task manager.

If a reboot does not fix it, it typically is UAC or antivirus interfering.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

hey, .json files were created and the .esp is also activated, when i run dyndolod.exe and the .esp is already created  ill get "Exception in unit prepare line 52: Access violation at address 009A7B27 in module 'DynDOLOD.exe'. Read of address 00000000" (started as admin), when i delete the .esp i can run it again....ingame *coc riverwood* dyndolod initiated successfully...but in mcm options menu i can still click the button to activate it, already tried this, but it didnt change the problem....i really wonder why i get this problem now, i installed and modded skyrim with dyndolod serveral times in the last years and never had any problem, especially with a clean install of skyrim

edit: restarting game after clicking on activate fixed it, but this is the first time had to activate it manually, i believe it always worked for me after installing 

DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt

Edited by FlashFire90

edit again, doesnt seem to be fixed, moving around in the area around whiterun the lod disappeared again and mcm dyndolod button needs to be activated again...deactivated itself and says "no data in this area" :(

here is my log, but i had to delete the first entrys, dont have upload space left here :/

edit again, doesnt seem to be fixed, moving around in the area around whiterun the lod disappeared again and mcm dyndolod button needs to be activated again...deactivated itself and says "no data in this area" :(

here is my log, but i had to delete the first entrys, dont have upload space left here :/

You need to upload or paste the log to some server in the internet. It can not be accessed here.

Check the papyrus log for error messages.

im use this mod...

*PerfectWhiterun.esp

and when im use dyndolod, or Tes5LODGEN,

everything work perfect... 

except whiterun, i have simple mod to add tree,

outside look very good, work fine.

but  inside look ugly... i have lod on my tree....  ------> https://images84.fot...c06d5da5ca3.png

sad.gif  how fix this??

why this lod is on my tree? sad.gif

how fix this ??? 

except whiterun, i have simple mod to add tree,

outside look very good, work fine.

but  inside look ugly... i have lod on my tree....  ------> https://images84.fot...c06d5da5ca3.png

sad.gif  how fix this??

why this lod is on my tree? sad.gif

how fix this ???

FAQ: Tree LOD: LOD trees show in child worlds / towns

A: This is a game engine limitation. A mod added trees into the same area in the parent world. Either disable that mod when generating tree LOD, or add a XESP - Enable Parent to the player reference 0x00000014 to each tree in question. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation. See the section 'Custom Settings For Specific Mods - Mods that add trees to the same area as child worlds' in the DynDOLOD_Manual.html for more information and how to use DynDOLOD rules to address the issue.

Had this error when generating my LODs 

Exception in unit process line 84: Can not read root block from meshes\mods\spcsphrorbitalstrike01.nif Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Unknown NIF version "20.2.0.7" ("User Version"=12, "User Version 2"=80)

Please help not sure what to do.

Edited by FrostasaurusRex

Had this error when generating my LODs 

Exception in unit process line 84: Can not read root block from meshes\mods\spcsphrorbitalstrike01.nif Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Unknown NIF version "20.2.0.7" ("User Version"=12, "User Version 2"=80)

Please help not sure what to do.

Temporary disable Fall of the Space Core portal2mod.esp to generate LOD.

• +1 1

• 2 weeks later...

The OS is preventing overwriting/access because the file is still being accessed by something else. A reboot typically clears that up in case you can not close or kill the other process in task manager.

If a reboot does not fix it, it typically is UAC or antivirus interfering.

Thanks. I'm on 2.40 and still having the problem (getting to line 267 now). A reboot sometimes clears it but not always. I don't know whats changed with my system, at least nothing I know of. Been running Dyndolod fine for years but just started getting this from 2.38 onwards. Cant find any lingering processes to kill so dont know where else to look (UAC is off). TexGen runs fine 100% of the time. Will try pausing Kaspersky.

EDIT: no luck turning off anti-virus.

Edited by Atardecer