Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

I can't seem to find anything about this, I've been having issues with stretches of landscape that are missing LOD trees (and other things besides)

Arthmoor's mods that affect landscape (CRF, Rorikstead, Dawnstar etc) include LOD in their BSA's (object lod .BTO's, tree lod .BTT's). This will conflict with DynDOLOD lod generation - if you're using standard 2d flat LOD trees its not so bad you'll still get tree LOD but with rather basic details i.e. lacking LOD tent models, walls, roads etc  but if you're generating 3d/Hybrid trees its much worse - entire cells will be missing LOD trees - a vast swathe of landscape around Stonehills for example here is devoid of tree LOD.

The quick fix is to temporarily disable/remove the .BSA that comes with the mod when generating DynDOLOD, the better alternative is to extract the BSA delete the LOD meshes (/meshes/terrain, then rebuild the BSA would be my choice) and then run DynDOLOD

Its also worth doing even if you're only generating 2d trees as you'll get the full LOD generated rather than the basic LOD that ships with the mod that you'll get otherwise.

Sorry, but this is all just nonsense. There is no need to remove existing terrain, object or tree LOD files before generating them with xLODGen/DynDOLOD and then overwrite them. The loose files from output will always overwrite files in BSA. There is nothing in the existing BTR, BTO, BTT files or their textures which will be reused to generate LOD.

The only exception is the terrain and water height in BTR that is used to remove unseen triangles from object LOD. That is why it is suggested to generate terrain LOD meshes for the load order before generating object LOD.

Edited by sheson

ty for the reply and sorry about load order imjurs lol, a dude last week who was helping me asked me for such. xd

Yeah i just managed to figure out the issue with the trees not matching. Turns out SFO 2.6 uses a different TreePineForest04 model than 2.5 despite saying 2.6 is the same except without grass. I managed to remedy that easily. 

The bush issue persists however, oddly most bushes in this generation arent buged could only find 3 instead of 19 like i found in the last. I checked my billboards the nif and the dds for the bush in question "TREE:000A7329" aka TreeThicket01. both where correct.

The problem is 99% of the exact same bush are correct and randomly 1% of the same type of bushes will have a full sized trees LoD

"Do not install billboard for trees (plants) that you do not want LOD for" so if i simply remove the billboards for treethicket01 then rerun dyndolod. dyndo wont make any lod for the bush and should get rid of the random full sized tree lods that pop up in a few of them?

The bush issue persists however, oddly most bushes in this generation arent buged could only find 3 instead of 19 like i found in the last. I checked my billboards the nif and the dds for the bush in question "TREE:000A7329" aka TreeThicket01. both where correct.

The problem is 99% of the exact same bush are correct and randomly 1% of the same type of bushes will have a full sized trees LoD

"Do not install billboard for trees (plants) that you do not want LOD for" so if i simply remove the billboards for treethicket01 then rerun dyndolod. dyndo wont make any lod for the bush and should get rid of the random full sized tree lods that pop up in a few of them?

The only reason I can imagine that the same base record could have different LOD models for different references would be that some of them were not done as tree LOD but object LOD and that when the object LOD was generated a wrong billboard was installed.

Tree LOD is restricted to upright angles only or maybe there are "duplicate form IDs". Those references will have object LOD instead. Generating all LOD at the same time should always use the same LOD assets for the same base record. It typically does not randomly switch them out.

Check the DynDOLOD log for the path/file of the billboard used for tree LOD to the ones used for the object LOD levels.

No LOD asset for a base record at generation time means it will have not LOD generated, so removing a billboard means that tree/plant will not have tree LOD.

Edited by sheson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because I have an issue with some mountain meshes in enderal I tried to fix it with DynDOLOD but the World MaxKingPass isn't present in the selection section of LogGen. Did I miss something?

AFAIK that worldspace has no LOD.

Only worlds that have existing lodsettings file in ..\Data\LODSettings\[Worldspace].lod are shown.

Edited by sheson

That might be the reason, yes. Is it possible to add some kind of rule so that this specific mesh doesn't behave like it does? Or isn't it even a problem with LOD? See details here:

https://sureai.net/tracker/view.php?id=96

The error description and images read exactly like what would happens if a worldspace does not have LOD. Everything past the loaded cells (in fact because there is no *.lod file it should be in a smaller radius around the player) fades into view.

Just create *.lod file for the worldspace with https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10896 and then generate with DynDOLOD.

If it asks for dimensions use -32,-32 as origin and 64 for size. I think that should cover the worldspace. Otherwise just extract and rename Tamriel.lod with xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL + F3)

Edited by sheson

There is not a checkbox of "Have MO manage archives" in Mod Organizer 2.

I get an error of "textures\dungeons\ships\shipwoodside01.dds not found! Check the top of the log that all required *.BSA files are loaded. Turn off MO archive management." because I cannot disable this checkbox.

Please tell me how to disable this checkbox.

I am sorry for my bad English because I am Japanese.

post-13221-0-44518600-1535144390_thumb.png

This error occurred in TexGen64.exe through Mod Organizer 2.

There is not a checkbox of "Have MO manage archives" in Mod Organizer 2.

I get an error of "textures\dungeons\ships\shipwoodside01.dds not found! Check the top of the log that all required *.BSA files are loaded. Turn off MO archive management." because I cannot disable this checkbox.

Please tell me how to disable this checkbox.

I am sorry for my bad English because I am Japanese.

attachicon.gifnocheckbox.png

This error occurred in TexGen64.exe through Mod Organizer 2.

The feature to manage archive only exists in MO 1.x but was removed in MO 2.x. So it is already off.

Follow the first hint of the message which says to "Check the top of the log that all required *.BSA files are loaded." Then follow the other hints.

Edited by sheson

As the title says, im having an issue when installing DynDOLOD with MO2

I get a error message in the generator saying that MO Archive management is incompatible with DynDOLOD and the generator just stops

I have completely no idea whats going on and i have tried everything.

Hoping someone can help me on this, im fairly new to MO2 but i know most of the basics.

Thanks in advance (hopefully)

This is oldrim BTW

Generator log.txt

Edited by sheson

As the title says, im having an issue when installing DynDOLOD with MO2

I get a error message in the generator saying that MO Archive management is incompatible with DynDOLOD and the generator just stops

I have completely no idea whats going on and i have tried everything.

Hoping someone can help me on this, im fairly new to MO2 but i know most of the basics.

Thanks in advance (hopefully)

This is oldrim BTW

This is the error message at the end of the log:

[00:01:26.143] Exception in unit process line 85: FormID [04011AA6] references a master which is not available in file [8F] DynDOLOD.esp
[00:01:26.143] 
[00:01:26.143] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:01:26.143] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/

FAQ: Exception in unit xxx line xxx: FormID [xxx] references a master which is not available in file [xx] xxx.esp 

A: There is a plugin in the load order with errors. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 

Bruma missing models for tree is "normal". They forgot to add those models to their BSAssets.bsa and BSHeartland.bsa. Those BSA are loaded fine as you can see from the top of the log. AFAIK those files missing is inconsequential for the mod to function properly at the moment .
Edited by sheson

The error description and images read exactly like what would happens if a worldspace does not have LOD. Everything past the loaded cells (in fact because there is no *.lod file it should be in a smaller radius around the player) fades into view.

Just create *.lod file for the worldspace with https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10896 and then generate with DynDOLOD.

If it asks for dimensions use -32,-32 as origin and 64 for size. I think that should cover the worldspace. Otherwise just extract and rename Tamriel.lod with xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL + F3)

It works! Many thanks.