#16 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

Okay, let's go back to basics.

Have you ensured that SKSE is installed into the Skyrim folder? This must be done outside of the MO environment.

If yes, then does the game start from the desktop?

If yes, create a new empty profile with no mods at all and try that.

#17 iAmJase

iAmJase

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:17 PM

Okay, let's go back to basics.

Have you ensured that SKSE is installed into the Skyrim folder? This must be done outside of the MO environment.

If yes, then does the game start from the desktop?

If yes, create a new empty profile with no mods at all and try that.

Yes, SKSE is in the Skyrim folder and yes, it starts from the desktop as vanilla Skyrim. I still get the same error through MO. I also tried Skyrim and got the same error except it said TESV.exe. I even tried Skyrim Launcher and it gave me the exact same error except it said SkyrimLauncher.exe.

#18 iAmJase

iAmJase

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:34 PM

I've taken screen shots of the errors I get.

https://www.photobox...o_id=9929384182

https://www.photobox...o_id=9929384464

https://www.photobox...o_id=9929384641

#19 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

Those links don't work. Don't worry about fixing them as I don't need to see the errors.

One last question, this is the original Skyrim we are discussing isn't it, not Skyrim Special Edition?

The only other time I've seen this error is when the user was trying to run SSE, which is 64bit, in MO 1.3.11.

#20 iAmJase

iAmJase

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

Those links don't work. Don't worry about fixing them as I don't need to see the errors.

One last question, this is the original Skyrim we are discussing isn't it, not Skyrim Special Edition?

The only other time I've seen this error is when the user was trying to run SSE, which is 64bit, in MO 1.3.11.

No, it's the legendary edition.

#21 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:49 PM

Post your MO INI. There must be something odd about the way MO is looking for those executables.

#22 iAmJase

iAmJase

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

#23 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

Nope, nothing out-of-the-ordinary there. Last thing. Bring up the Windows start menu and choose Settings -- System -- About and then check the version number please. If it's 1703 then this is another Microsoft stuffup with their "Creator" update. I have no solution for that.

If it isn't 1703 then unfortunately I'm still at a loss and have nothing for you, sorry.

#24 GSDFan

GSDFan

Jarl

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:52 PM

Pardon the intrusion, but I haven't seen this mentioned or posted. What version of MO is in use? Version 1.3.1.1 should be used for the classic Beth games, Skyrim, FNV and so on. MO 2.0.7 and greater for Fallout 4 and skyrim special Edition.

#25 iAmJase

iAmJase

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

Nope, nothing out-of-the-ordinary there. Last thing. Bring up the Windows start menu and choose Settings -- System -- About and then check the version number please. If it's 1703 then this is another Microsoft stuffup with their "Creator" update. I have no solution for that.

If it isn't 1703 then unfortunately I'm still at a loss and have nothing for you, sorry.

It's 1703. What if I removed the creator update?

Pardon the intrusion, but I haven't seen this mentioned or posted. What version of MO is in use? Version 1.3.1.1 should be used for the classic Beth games, Skyrim, FNV and so on. MO 2.0.7 and greater for Fallout 4 and skyrim special Edition.

It's version 1.3.1.1

Edited by iAmJase, 05 September 2017 - 02:53 PM.

#26 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Firstly go to this link, and follow the steps to remove all the Microsoft data mining stuff and see if that helps. Then if that doesn't you have the choice to rollback to a previous version.

Sadly there is no one with the requisite knowledge to code a "fix" for this still working on the project. All the contributors lack the advanced C#/C++ skills needed to patch MO/MO2, which means it may be the end of this software.

#27 iAmJase

iAmJase

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:09 PM

Firstly go to this link, and follow the steps to remove all the Microsoft data mining stuff and see if that helps. Then if that doesn't you have the choice to rollback to a previous version.

Sadly there is no one with the requisite knowledge to code a "fix" for this still working on the project. All the contributors lack the advanced C#/C++ skills needed to patch MO/MO2, which means it may be the end of this software.

I got windows 10 for free when it was offered, so I don't have an actual CD to use.

#28 iAmJase

iAmJase

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:30 PM

I got windows 10 for free when it was offered, so I don't have an actual CD to use.

Where did the edit button go? Weird...anyway, could my problem be that my computer is 64 bit and that SKSE was designed for 32 bit? I read that was a problem for some people.

#29 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

You can rollback any update that MS installs. Google it to see what to do. However they will keep on pushing updates at you until everybody, including me, is on whatever is their latest version.

SKSE works perfectly well on 64bit machines so... no that's not the issue. You are, sad to say, in the boat that soon I will be in where MO is rendered useless by MS's updates. When that day arrives I will endeavour to see if there are any tweaks to the install that may circumvent this problem but I'm not feeling hopeful. Sorry.

#30 iAmJase

iAmJase

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

You can rollback any update that MS installs. Google it to see what to do. However they will keep on pushing updates at you until everybody, including me, is on whatever is their latest version.

SKSE works perfectly well on 64bit machines so... no that's not the issue. You are, sad to say, in the boat that soon I will be in where MO is rendered useless by MS's updates. When that day arrives I will endeavour to see if there are any tweaks to the install that may circumvent this problem but I'm not feeling hopeful. Sorry.

Google wasn't much help. Thanks anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users