Notification popup

ribbs23

Question

Hi, First I want to thank you for an excellent guide, I'm using MO and have a (so far) stable game, with the odd CTD - But I have added a lot of other mods. Thing is I get a notification in top left "I need to reflect on what I've learnt to advance" I don't know if I should be doing something or whether it is related to the game leveling up very slowly, which I like BTW or if it's normal. I have completed Bleak Falls Barrow and the  LOTD curators first quests (Including Silent moons quest - enhanced with Sands of Time) yet I'm only just level 3. In previous play through's after BFB alone I would be level 6/7, but like I said I like that the progression is slow if that is how it should be, just a bit curious about the notification. I have YOT but I don't use any other needs mods apart from Bathing and I do Sleep, I haven't done any other quests yet, It's not game breaking but a bit confusing cause I'm not sure what, if anything I should be doing to "advance". Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. Once again thanks for an amazing guide, with this much content plus everything I've added It'll probably take me years to complete the game, which is a good thing. Wish I could endorse or something.

11 answers to this question

Hi, just went in game and I have used my points, I'ts progressing so slow that soon as I get one I use it. Like I said I'ts not game breaking. Just curious what mod it was coming from. I actually like that I may see a lot of the game before I get too high a level, but wondered if there was something I wasn't doing. Once again, amazing guide and thanks.

Yeah will do, I checked Not So Fast MQ in MCM which says "delay active". Only remembered that because was surprised "Dragon Rising" didn't start after giving Farengar the Dragonstone. However I have killed a lot of Enemies in that short time. No worries, will kill more and see how goes after 1st Dragon. Thanks for your help.

Hey guys, been away, thanks for all your replies. I've figured out the "I need to reflect on what I've learnt to advance" was in fact to do with leveling up. Also not completely confirmed but I think the very slow leveling up was to do with a weapon/armor progression mod I've got. I've played a lot of in-game days and done quite a bit, however only just got to level 11 (I disabled the mod after level 5 and it seemed to level up like normal). I'm looking to start a new play-through without this mod (I have a steel sword that does 133 damage now) but mainly because, I have not seen a single dragon since The Watchtower. That is definitely not right. Dragons are the reason I love Skyrim and in previous play-throughs I would have encountered at least 2-3 by level 11. So gonna remove this mod and see how goes. I have a very heavy load order with LOTD and some Lovers Lab mods - not the crazy fetish or creatures mods - and I have been pleasantly surprised by the minimal CTD's I've had. Can only be this great guide you guys provided, although I didn't use/do Conflict Resolution because of the many mods I added to your modlist eg. I prefer TKAA for kids and CBBE. So to accomodate my preffered mods with yours I thought CR would not work, I disable SL Aroused whenever I'm about to go into a dungeon (because of SoT) and so far it's been quite stable considering I'm pushing the engine very hard with my load order. Anyway, once again thanks for an awesome guide and all your recent help.

Edited by ribbs23

I should point out that while I don't do all of the CR's in the guide because of the difference in mods used, I do perform the 'Must Resolve' ones, like Cell, Worldspace etc. Then I tend to do them as I go, like when a recurring anomaly/CTD occurs.