DynDOLOD 2.31 Error

reddvilzz

Question

10 answers to this question

Assertion errors from xEdit usually mean some data problem in plugins.

After the error, when you close DynDOLOD.exe it should still offer to save the esp. Do that and upload it somewhere so I can have a look at the last thing that was added to it.

At least that will help adding a debug log line for later testing.

Edited by sheson

Assertion errors from xEdit usually mean some data problem in plugins.

After the error, when you close DynDOLOD.exe it should still offer to save the esp. Do that and upload it somewhere so I can have a look at the last thing that was added to it.

At least that will help adding a debug log line for later testing.

It doesn't allow me to save, there's even no dialog box popping out when I close the DynDOLOD.exe.

Edited by reddvilzz

Oh well.

Replace DynDOLOD.exe with this version https://mega.nz/#!UMpQ0YbD!FzM47bvAN2Q1DLZuVqAShegK66Gl0SE27U9Y3ck1uM0

Then edit ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5.ini and set Debug=1

It should print a line for each base record it is trying to update. The last one *could* be a hint to what causes the error. Look that one up in xEdit if it is overwritten, check values, or remove mod that adds/changes it etc.

Let me know what you find / which mod.

Oh well.

Replace DynDOLOD.exe with this version https://mega.nz/#!UMpQ0YbD!FzM47bvAN2Q1DLZuVqAShegK66Gl0SE27U9Y3ck1uM0

Then edit ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5.ini and set Debug=1

It should print a line for each base record it is trying to update. The last one *could* be a hint to what causes the error. Look that one up in xEdit if it is overwritten, check values, or remove mod that adds/changes it etc.

Let me know what you find / which mod.

Oh thank you that pin points the exact records that have an error on it.

I've successfully generated the esp, but do I know revert back both the exe and the debug back to normal? or is there no harm on keeping the modified exe?

Also there's a bunch of records that have this error, is it okay to ignore? I'm just quoting one of it out of 30ish I think.

[00:00] FarmLumbermill01WaterWheelMarkarth [MSTT:42007A44]
[00:00]     MSTT \ Record Header \ Record Flags -> <Unknown: 6>
Edited by reddvilzz

Oh thank you that pin points the exact records that have an error on it.

I've successfully generated the esp, but do I know revert back both the exe and the debug back to normal? or is there no harm on keeping the modified exe?

Also there's a bunch of records that have this error, is it okay to ignore? I'm just quoting one of it out of 30ish I think.

[00:00] FarmLumbermill01WaterWheelMarkarth [MSTT:42007A44]
[00:00]     MSTT \ Record Header \ Record Flags -> <Unknown: 6>
NVM, I found your old comments about the error unknown 6 and it is safely can be ignored.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The exe is the same, I just added that one debug message. so either should be fine.

Noting else changed? That is weird. If you like just run the normal exe with debug=0 just one more time, to see if the error happens again.

I'm curious why not include the debug in the stable release? Because that helps me a lot for pin pointing the problematic records in detailed ways.

Well while patching I noticed it showed what records it is processing so that's changed. I'm not sure what do you mean by nothing else changed, that absolutely helped me showing which records causing the errors so I can start fix it, thank you for that magic.

If you mean why I missed that errors, that's because I thought that was a normal errors from before, because on my last dyndolod there's this errors which I don't really remembered but the generation was successful.

I don't think that will make that big of a differences since it is only debug vs no debug. The result should be the same right?

debug=1 is already in part of DynDOLOD. I just needed to add one additional debug line to the code for so we have something to look at for this problem. It will now stay in there for all future releases.

I didn't realize there actually still was an error that you could fix with the new debug line. I misread your answer as everything worked fine now - not enough coffee I guess :) - so disregard my mumbling.

If the problematic records were in a downloaded mod/plugin I would be interested in which one and which record to learn what cause the assert notice. Maybe it can be work around it or a more descriptive message can be printed.

Oh the errors actually from a CR that's created by me so it's just a typical errors where I remove certain plugins from a merge, so it's not from a downloaded plugin.

Okay sounds great and no problem at all we all make mistakes, thank you so much for your quick response and help. It was worth it for my firstborn to be given to you :D