3 replies to this topic

#1 aipaca

aipaca

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

Hi Experts!

Would love a hand with sorting this out. I followed the guide to install all of the core and several of the optional mods and am having a persistant problem with CTD as soon as I walk more than ~50m from Vault 101? I'm guessing it's when I walk into a new cell, but I'm not very experienced with this sort of thing and would love any help that you lovely people can provide!

Here is my load order if that is helpful:

That is copied from LOOT. Anything that is not loaded was put into that state during the creation of the Bashed Patch.

Thanks for your time!
Aipaca

Edit: Forgot to mention that it doesn't seem to happen when I load the "Core Fixes and Base UI" version.

Edited by Kelmych, 04 September 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#2 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

The first time you leave Vault 101 cell the game needs to load a lot of resources for the next cell, so there might not be enough availble memory. The "Core Fixes and Base UI" profile needs a lot less resources since it only includes a few of the mods. As you are installing it's always a good idea to make several profiles after the "Core Fixes and Base UI" and the completed installation so you can check for problems like this. I assume you installed the Anti-crash, Stutter remover and ENBoost which help with this. Post your system specs to help diagnose the issue.

By the way, all of the TWPC patches and the CPD Ingestibles patch should be after the bashed patch in the load order.

#3 aipaca

aipaca

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for your help, I hadn't installed ENBoost as I misunderstood and thought that it would take up more resources and reduce performance for the game, not for the system overall. I have installed it, fixed the load order and briefly tested it and it seems to be working (I can walk to Megaton at least now) so thanks very much, have really enjoyed learning more about the guts of the game and am keen to play it now that hopefully it's fixed!

#4 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Getting to Megaton after leaving Vault 101 seems to be one of the most resource usage intensive parts of the game. After that you shouldn't find the area close to Megaton causing many resource use problems. I haven't seen many VRAM use problems in FO3 on systems with at least 2 Gb of VRAM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users