I'm curious if you've ever completed the video tutorial you've linked for ultra trees:
I've been attempting to get it working properly, however, the LOD is off for at least a few pine trees. Rather it's not there because I still have trees fading in without displaying the LOD model. I've followed the video to the nail and have been back over it multiple times. I've also gone through the text file provided by EVT for 3D trees and have used the settings that author suggests. Nothing seems to be resolving the tree fade-in that I'm experiencing. This is near and far LOD that the issue is presenting itself for. So far, it's just the non-snowy pine trees.
I've tested the Borealis and the Bent Pines. They seem to working as expected with LOD.
I will say that I've made a few changes from the video.
- I have Indistinguishable Billboards overwriting DynDOLOD Resources, but have tried generating both way without resolution to the issue.
- Borealis has been placed at the bottom of the listed mods (just for alphabetical ordering)
- I skipped the Oaks mod because I didn't feel like converting the plugin.
- I've skipped the TreePineForestSnowL03/04 files from SFO because I don't care for the tall Scots Pines.
- I'm using 512 for TexGen (not tried 1024 yet) and have tried multiple settings for altases in DynDOLOD, no difference in the issue.
- I've used multiple options for EVT (and matched them for EVT Billboards), no difference in the issue.
After I get home from work, I will try adding back in the Scots Pines to see if that is part of the issue.