Ultra Trees Tutorial

TechAngel85

Question

Sheson,

I'm curious if you've ever completed the video tutorial you've linked for ultra trees:

I've been attempting to get it working properly, however, the LOD is off for at least a few pine trees. Rather it's not there because I still have trees fading in without displaying the LOD model. I've followed the video to the nail and have been back over it multiple times. I've also gone through the text file provided by EVT for 3D trees and have used the settings that author suggests. Nothing seems to be resolving the tree fade-in that I'm experiencing. This is near and far LOD that the issue is presenting itself for. So far, it's just the non-snowy pine trees.

I've tested the Borealis and the Bent Pines. They seem to working as expected with LOD.

I will say that I've made a few changes from the video.

• I have Indistinguishable Billboards overwriting DynDOLOD Resources, but have tried generating both way without resolution to the issue.
  • Borealis has been placed at the bottom of the listed mods (just for alphabetical ordering)
  • I skipped the Oaks mod because I didn't feel like converting the plugin.
  • I've skipped the TreePineForestSnowL03/04 files from SFO because I don't care for the tall Scots Pines.
  • I'm using 512 for TexGen (not tried 1024 yet) and have tried multiple settings for altases in DynDOLOD, no difference in the issue.
  • I've used multiple options for EVT (and matched them for EVT Billboards), no difference in the issue.
Have you or anyone else gotten this process to work? This is being done for SSE, btw.

After I get home from work, I will try adding back in the Scots Pines to see if that is part of the issue.

I remember messing with that and there was no change. That was the first theory I had though.

The only other thing with static LOD I could imagine would be that LOD4 does not have the object, but LOD8/16 does.

If this even is about static LOD, the stuff that goes away with tll.

Here it is DynDOLOD 2.32 BETA which will print detail log for the static tree assignments. It also contains all other fixes from test version so far of course.

See how things work out with it. I also reworked the assignment code a bit as it might have been not really working right anymore. I did a few specific tests to make fallback to billboard/full model work as they should.

Trees mind blowing, Getting ILS though fast traveling to any cities, villages and smaller locations seem to work. Tried OSAllocators=1 in SSE fixes file, seemed to help at first but got the ILS again after.

Load Order

i5 6600k

8GB DDR4 3200MHZ

GTX1080

Skyim installed on 240GBSSD

Ran around speedmult 2000, game froze a bit but didn't crash ever, no missing meshes or textures or anything that would seem like it would crash the game. Tried lower res(512 textures and 1024 LOD instead of max) for texgen and dyndolod outputs, same ILS.

Edited by Karma